Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sravan Kumar ReddyYour feedback matters!
A lot of people suffer from knee pain, some hereditary, some due to injuries and some due to other reasons. Whatever be the reasons, the pain is very bothersome.
Try the following exercises regularly to get relief from knee pain.
1. Leg lifts - sit straight on a chair with your feet firmly on the ground. Lift the leg for which the knee pains, until it is parallel to the ground. Hold for a couple of seconds and bring back to the initial position. Do 10 reps every day.
2. Knee bending - sit on a chair and keep a stool of same height as the chair in front of you. Place your knee on the stool, knee slightly bent. Slowly, straighten your leg and hold in the straight position for a couple of seconds before you release. Do 10 reps.
3. Leg straightening - stand straight and place the foot on a low platform. Bend down, place both your palms on the knee and slowly push it down until your leg is straight. Push only as far as it doesn't hurt too much. Hold for a few seconds and release.
4. Stretching - sit upright. Bring your leg towards your chest by bending the knee and keeping your hand above the ankle. Push your heel towards your buttocks. Release after a couple of seconds.
5. Chair pulling - stand straight near a door keeping your feet apart (shoulder-width), in front of a chair. Hold the knob of the door and slowly, sit back on the chair. Feel the pull in the muscles and go back to previous position after 2-3 seconds. Repeat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Mere hath or pairon main dard rahata h lagta h jaise in main se jaan hi nikal gayi ho koi bhi kam karnein ka man nahin karta aalas bhara rahta h. please suggest?
I had lot of pain in my neck for so many years. I got my Vitamin D checked and it showed only 3.2 against minimum level of 20 ng/ml. So please advise me what precautions should I take?
My husband age is 28 years old. He has problem of forming gas in stomach also has problem in digestion which leads to constipation which in turn leads to severe back pain. Please provide help for gas formation, constipation and back pain.
Are you suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and looking for an effective treatment? You can choose homeopathic treatment as it is natural and is free from any side effect. Rheumatoid arthritis is a form of autoimmune disease, which causes inflammation of the joints. The inflammation can be chronic and does not subside on its own. It leads to destruction of your joint tissues. Here are some top homeopathic medicines, which are used for treating rheumatoid arthritis:
- Causticum: This is one of the primary homeopathic medicines used to treat rheumatoid arthritis when there are joint deformities. The patient weakens over time and the muscles lose strength eventually. The patient feels extremely restless during the night and the restlessness is associated mostly with the legs. Contractions in the tendons likely result in deformities and intense pain. The pain is tearing in nature. Due to weakness of the forearm muscles, the patient may not have a firm grip on anything. The pain usually improves by keeping the affected the area warm.
- Caulophyllum: This is an effective medicine for rheumatoid arthritis and is commonly used for women. It is used when small joints are affected more, compared to the larger joints in the limbs. This medicine is mostly used to treat arthritis of fingers of your hands and feet. The pain keeps on changing positions all the time within a small span of time. At one moment, you may feel it on your right hand, and soon after it may affect your left hand. Gradually, it shifts towards the feet as well.
- Colchicum: This homeopathic medicine is usually required during chronic stages of rheumatoid arthritis. It affects several tissues such as periosteum, synovial membranes and other muscle tissues. The inflamed parts turn red, become hot and swollen. The pain is expected to worsen during the evening and night. The fingertips may feel numb and you may feel some joint stiffness as well. A feverish feeling is also likely.
- Ledum Pal: This medicine is used in the cases of rheumatoid arthritis where the rheumatoid starts in the feet and travels upwards spreading to the upper joints of the body. The patient feels cold, but still cannot bear any amount of warmth. The small joints present in the feet are commonly affected. Swelling in the toes and ankles is a common symptom.
- Bryonia: This is an excellent homeopathic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis. It is used when all the joints and joint membranes are swollen and affected. The pain experienced is unbearable and increases with motion. The inflamed joints become red and swollen.
To know the best homeopathic remedy which is ideal for treating your rheumatoid arthritis, you should consult a homeopathic doctor.
I think I'm having arthritis. I feel it difficult to move my knees. It produces sound in moving knees and sometimes painful. I'm a 31 years old female. What should I do?
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
These are basic guidelines to help you. Contact your doctor for further management.