Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sr Madhavachary
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sr MadhavacharyYour feedback matters!
I am Dr Anuj Saigal MD Dermatology practising in Delhi NCR. Today we are gonna discuss LHR that is Laser Hair Reduction LHR is the common procedure these days performed in multiple cosmetic and aesthetic skin clinics. Who would like to wax or pluck their hair, if something as safe and as effective as LHR is available? What are the benefits of getting a laser hair removal done? A) It helps you look good, B) It improves your self-confidence, thirdly it is a treatment for ingrown hair and it acts as a co-therapy in certain diseases like Pilonidal sinus and hidradenitis suppurativa and above all its saves your time and money. What are the lasers which help you in removing hair? There are multiple lasers starting from IPL, Nd:YAG and diode but in our Indian skin Nd:YAG and diode are what we follow and they have great results. Who is the best candidate for laser removal hair now? Ideally, laser hair removal can be done for both males and females; there are different areas which we target for males and females. There are common areas for females like upper lips, chin, side locks face, bikini and underarms, whereas for males we have beard, chest, back but definitely laser hair removal or reduction is for both males and females. Who will get the best result out of laser hair reduction one who is having coarse hair and one who is having darker hair? If you have blond hair, white hair or grey hair laser is not that effective. How does a laser act, it acts on the 2 things it acts on the root, it acts on the pigment that is why there are few prerequisites before you get your laser removal therapy started you should not do bleaching, you should not do waxing, threading and plucking before you start your sessions because if you do waxing, plucking and threading you will end up damaging the root the laser sessions will not be effective if you will do bleaching the pigment will be damage again the laser sessions will not be effective.
How many number of sessions are required? See we divide the body into 2 parts above the neck you require more number of sessions approximately 8 to 10 sessions, whereas, below the neck, you require 6 to 8 sessions. The sessions are placed anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks gap. How a laser hair removal session is done you come down to the clinic we mark the area, we prepare your skin by cleansing and by shaving it then we apply a cool gel and then we give shots. After setting the parameters in the machine taking care of what is the quality of your skin, what is the colour of your skin, what is the colour of your hair and how is the thickness of your hair. After giving the shots there is a bit of redness which can be controlled by applying emolium cream, sunscreen the post top care is also not much where we give, where we ask you to use proper sunscreen or avoid the sun and not to do steam, sauna and hot bath kind of things. Plus we ask you not to do any other procedures like dermaroller or any other laser for at least 2 weeks post procedures. But it is very safe and an effective procedure, patients come to me and ask me how painful is it. Now coming to that it is definitely not that painful as what you experience in waxing, you will feel a pricking sensation but it is not something which makes you uncomfortable. So it’s a very safe and effective procedure. So what are you waiting for go and consult your Dermatologist and get that flawless skin? If you have any other queries you can contact me via Lybrate or you can come down to my clinic. Thank You.
Scabies is a type of skin conditions that causes itching and rashes. This dermatological condition is caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, a microscopic mite. It is a contagious condition, which can spread through physical contact. An estimate shows that scabies infects over 300 million people worldwide per year.
This eight-legged microscopic mite creates a tunnel in the human skin and lays eggs in it. These larvae move under the surface of the skin and spread across the whole body, once hatched. Dogs, cats, and mice can also be affected by this disease. It usually takes 2-6 weeks for the symptoms to develop. Signs and symptoms of scabies involve itching, rashes, sores and thick crusts on the surface of the skin.
Some of the risk factors of scabies are:
- Scabies spreads through direct, prolonged skin-to-skin contact with a person who has mites.
- An infected person can easily pass scabies to his/her household or sexual partners. Scabies in adults is usually sexually acquired.
- The likelihood of scabies increases easily under crowded conditions, which involve close body and skin contact. Nursing homes, prisons, and several types of care facilities are sites of scabies outbreaks.
- Immunocompromised, elderly and disabled people also suffer from an increased likelihood of contracting this skin condition.
Complications of scabies include:
- Persistent and vigorous scratching can break the surface of your skin, which can lead to secondary bacterial infections. Impetigo, a superficial infection, is a quite common occurrence in such cases.
- Crusted scabies, the most severe form of scabies, can be common in certain groups. People suffering from diseases such as HIV or leukemia who have weakened immune systems as well as severely ill people have high risks of contracting this condition. This condition, also known as Norwegian scabies, is very contagious and also hard to cure.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my back I used scar removal many cream used in my face but did not any change what should I do.
My hair growth is too slow. One month is passed I have cut my hair by zero machine. Since one month is passed but my hairs are small only. please give home remedy for fast growth of hair and for stronger hair roots.
Can I use melalite 15 cream to get whiten skin faster. Is it safe. Is it have any side effects so please suggest me a better safe fast cream.
1) Regularly shampoo the scalp hair with mild shampoo, as it removes dandruff, keeps the hair clean.
2) Shampoo will not cause cancer, or graying of the hair or hair fail.
3) Use only few drops of oil to make hair soft and easy to comb. Oiling doesnt make your hair black and thick. Avoid oil, if skin is acne prone.
4) Avoid sharing caps/hair bands/ combs/helmet. Using helmet or cap will not cause hair loss.
5) Avoid hot hair dryers, straightning curlers as it leads to hair damage hair fall.
6) Keep the hair short trim. Shaving the hair off doesnt make your hairs thick and strong.
7) Keep the comb clean wash it regularly. Use a comb with widely spaced, blunt bristles. Comb gently` superficially, without injuring the roots of the hair.
8) Use herbal dye to colour your hairs if you have allergic skin
Keep your hair healthy to boost your confidence.