Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SowmyaYour feedback matters!
For some days I have a pain in the eyes and it became reddish I am having a bad problem of the red eyes. Please make a suggestion for this.
Hi doctors my focal length of my eyes are becoming low day by day. I can not see lines far from me. And the lights. Are seems to be a big flower . Its quite irritating. I am wearing lenses. Which helps me to see properly. But I want to remove them means. .i do not want to wera specks. Please give me some advice to have my eyes like when I was kid.
My eyes are becoming very weak. Please tell me how to solve it? When I watch t v my head starts paining. Please reply.
I used cylindrical lenses of power -0.75 and now I want to improve my eye sight and get rid of specs. Is it possible?
I am 18 years old and I am suffering from myopia is there any way to correct it without using spectacle.
Astigmatism is an eye condition where there is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea. The cornea and lens are smooth and equally curved in all directions, which helps to focus the light rays to the retina. But if there is an imperfection in the curvature, then you will suffer from a refractive error. Astigmatism is not an eye disease. It is simply a condition where the eye is not able to focus the light.
Irregular shape of the cornea is the main cause for astigmatism. It might also be caused because of the imperfect shape of the lens. Suffering from astigmatism is very common. You are either born with the condition or you might have developed it after an eye surgery. It is an incorrect concept that watching too much of television or reading without enough light causes astigmatism.
There are three different types of astigmatism:
- Myopic astigmatism: When the principal meridians of the cornea are nearsighted.
- Hyperopic astigmatism: When the principal meridians of the cornea are farsighted.
- Mixed astigmatism: When one of the principal meridians is nearsighted and the other is farsighted.
It can also be classified in two other types:
- Regular astigmatism: When the principal meridians are perpendicular to each other.
- Irregular astigmatism: When the principal meridians are not perpendicular to each other.
Blurry or distorted vision, strain in the eye, eye discomfort, squinting and headaches are a few symptoms of astigmatism
If you notice the symptoms stated above, make sure you pay a visit to your ophthalmologist. If you are suffering from astigmatism, your doctor will do an eye test to check how much your eye is able to focus on light. After conducting his tests, he will determine how much power you have and you will have to wear glasses of that power. Apart from the option of wearing glasses or artificial lenses, you can also go for a surgery to correct the condition. LASIK is an option among the many other options of surgeries available.
Eat foods rich in sulphur. Foods like fish, green vegetables, pineapple, garlic, onion, olive oil, etc are rich in sulphur. Hence, eating these will help you battle astigmatism.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.
Retinal detachment is a condition in which a layer of tissue called the retina gets lifted or pulled far from its initial position in the eye. This can cause a number of symptoms including slight vision impairment and blurred vision as well as pain. The retina is a light sensitive part that can be found in the rear portion of the eye. This part is responsible for sending visual signals to the brain which helps in forming the images that we see when we set our eyes on an object. If a person with this problem is not treated immediately, he or she can suffer from permanent vision loss.
Risks: You are more prone to retinal detachment if you:
- Have had injury (damage or blow) specifically to the eye
- Have as of now had a separation in one eye, then there is an improved probability of a separation in the other eye.
- Have a family history of retinal separation.
- Have weak eye-sight
Here are 10 facts that one needs to know about retinal detachment:
- Once in a while little ranges of the retina get torn. These are called retinal tears or retinal breaks. These can cause retinal separation.
- Obtuse injury, as from a tennis ball or damage by a sharp object in the eye can prompt retinal dysfunction.
- A family history of a disconnected retina that is hereditary could be one of the reasons for this disorder.
- The second eye of a patient with a retinal separation must be inspected by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- High astigmatism builds the danger of a retinal detachment. The danger increases to 2.4% when compared with a 0.06% danger for a defected eye at 60 years of age.
- In the event that you have lost vision in one eye because of a detachment, it can in some cases take a couple of months to get used to seeing with just the one normal eye.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery can treat little openings and tears in this part of the eye. Little smolders are made around the opening to "weld" the retina once more into the right spot. It is performed in the eye specialist's clinic.
- Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
- People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
- Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.