Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumya Reddy
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Soumya ReddyYour feedback matters!
DENTAL PROBLEM Hi sir my Mother 38 Years old has suddenly developed some pain in her gums (masura) and as a result her mouth region has swollen a bit.The pain emerged suddenly a day ago and she is quite affected by it .I w'll be glad if u can tell the causes and remedies to overcome the pain Thank you
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when your child take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper children's general well-being, their ability to enjoy food, appearance and their precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your child's tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse the teeth, try to reinsert your hild's teeth in the socket. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think your child can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of your child : If there is bleeding, give your child's mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give your child a treat: This is a great way to get their mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat them with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on their gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help them to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a child's dentist at earliest: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist at the earliest, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue. The sooner , the better it is.
Your children's teeth need to last their lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult your child's dentist.
I have a sensitive teeth problem. When drinking or eating food this is problem pain in the tooth. How to remove this problem tell me please.
Studies have shown that more than 50% of people suffer from bad breath at some or the other time in their life. Bad breath as we in our language call Halitosis, can be because of a barrage of reasons there can be a lot of reasons for bad breath something like bacteria which are there in our mouth, they are there in the mouth always. When we feed them with a lot of food stuff which we don’t clean from our mouth they eat up that food causing a lot of bad breath, the second can be dry mouth which may happen because of dehydration certain medicines or some other reasons which are not letting you saliva form. Gum disease can form a lot of bad breath. There is certain food stuff which can cause bad breath, something like garlic onions they can give you bad breath, some unhealthy lifestyle habits like smoking, tobacco chewing can cause a lot of trouble. Then there are systemic diseases which can lead to bad breath, the systemic diseases may be something like diabetes, sinusitis or gastro oesophagal reflux which can lead to bad breath.
Now that we know what causes bad breath let us try and understand how we can control this bad breath. First and foremost comes to the healthy habit of keeping our mouth clean after eating anything after consuming anything we need to clean our mouth, brushing after every meal may not be possible it is recommended but not possible many times, at least rinse your mouth forcefully to remove all your food stuff. In case you notice your gums bleeding or any other problem developing in your mouth please visit your dentist who can rectify the problem at the earliest. Get rid of bad habits like smoking tobacco chewing which will cause many other complicated problems other than bad breath. If your dentist finds that your bad breath is not controlled even after you have a healthy mouth he may suggest you a medical opinion where in your systemic problems can be diagnosed and treated by your physicians. Keep the saliva flowing always keep consuming small sips of water throughout the day to stop your mouth from drying, you can consume healthy foods like carrots, cucumbers of and on throughout the day which will help you produce more and more saliva, which will keep your mouth clean and let you avoid bad breath.
I hope this video helps you in taking care of bad breath.
Thank you very much for more information you can contact us via lybrate.