Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somnath Gupta
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Malaria
Treatment of Chickenpox
Treatment of Typhoid
Submit a review for Dr. Somnath GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have hepatitis B. Is there any kind of restriction for food. The Doctor told me that there is no solution to take over this. What should I do. Is there no medicine or process or anything that can cure this problem. I am having some kind of problem below my right chest. I feel that some thing is pressuring from inside in my liver I think.
I am a 19 years old male. My thyroid profile has T3 and T4 in proper range but my TSH is 4.934 whereas it should fall between 0.55 to 4.78.Is dis a reason of worry.
I am 20 years old and I am facing the problem of head ache randomly in 1 or 2 day so what should I do?
How to reduce my stomach fat after c section delivery pls tell .tell me the dite chart and exercises which I follow to lose my bally fat.
Do you know why some people accomplish more and generally are much happier in their lives?
The field of Positive Psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is "Gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to Have An Attitude of Gratitude?
1) Be Mindful of What You Have - Being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) Keep a Gratitude Journal - Every night before going to bed, write down "What was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) Reframe Challenging Situations - It's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that "I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) Practice saying Thank You - It's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say 'Thank You. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) Focus your attention outwards - According to Emmons, a US psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on "Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am female- 31, my carbohydrate content increased, I am taking everyday chocolet milk content carbohydrate- 12.29gm- 5times a day. Now my sugar level suddenly increased is fasting- 321 2hrs. Post prandial- 513. Please advise is it just because of chocolate milk taking more everyday?
I am 26 years old male. My body is on little fatty side. My height is 5'11 and weight is 82 kgs. I have lost around 15 kgs in last 1 year and still working out on daily basis. I have hair fall issues also and suffering from mail pattern baldness. I just got my Vitamin D test and it came out to be 9 i.e. In very deficient range. Please suggest me some edible stuff that I can eat to increase my vitamin D levels. I am a vegetarian but can eat eggs.
Sir what are the basic symptoms of dengue and which way we prevent from it by medical issue and sir if I will positive test in dengue then which precaution will be carried out by me? Thanks.
Cut the salt to cut the body fat
Eating more than the recommended 2500 mg (1 tablespoon) of sodium each day will cause you to retain water and weight gain. Sodium holds up to 50 times its weight in water. When you limit the amount of sodium you eat your body will begin to expel some that unwanted water weight.
The urge to drink water is a good indicator that your sodium intake is too high. As your sodium levels get high your body ask for more water to dilute the sodium by making you thirsty.
A lot of bars offer salty snacks such as peanuts and chips for free, after customers get thirsty they will order drinks to quench their thirst. So watch out for salty snacks and remove them from the diet to lose weight fast.