Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smitha
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SmithaYour feedback matters!
I have black spots as well as pimple on my back, I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes what should I do? Plzz suggest any medicine or cream.
Hair loss or Alopecia areata is a condition characterized by loss of hair from the scalp and other parts of the body that have hair over a prolonged period of time. Recent research states that losing 100 strands of hair a day is normal. But anything in excess indicates that you might be suffering from this embarrassing condition. Experiencing recurring episodes of hair loss can end up affecting one’s self-confidence, and hence, any sphere of his personal life as well.
What causes hair loss?
- Over 95% of hair loss occurs due to hereditary factors coming into play. A family history of this condition can exacerbate one’s risks of developing the condition.
- Hair loss can also occur if you have been exposed to increased stress levels of late. Temporary hair loss is also observed in people suffering from mental stress or trauma resulting from an incident, may be the death of a loved one or any other incident that might have brought on shock and stress on the concerned person.
- Hair loss can also result from chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Also, certain medications used to combat cancer, depression, heart disorder, birth control and arthritis (know more about arthritis problem) might also result in significant loss of hair.
- Hair loss can occur as a result of thyroid disorders such as hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
- Hair loss might also be the result of an auto-immune disorder known as ‘Alopecia Areata’ that results in bald spot formation around the scalp, beard, and eyebrows.
- Trichotillomania (a mental condition wherein a person pulls out hair from the scalp, almost unconsciously) can lead to hair loss as well.
- Hair loss can also occur as a result of excessive experimentation with your hair. This can include using permanent hair straightening devices, developing curls or tight braids, ponytails, etc.
- Hormonal imbalances or change, noticeable mostly during pregnancy or at the onset of menopause can be triggers of hair loss as well.
- Ringworm infection can also result in hair loss by damaging the skin of the scalp and hair. However, hair loss tends to get better once the infection is treated.
I am 23 year old girl. I have a problem of acne spot. I have tried many things to get rid of this but couldn't find any result .
I have 1 problem my face is oily and not so fair .so sir/madam please tell me what face wash I can use for remove face oil. And how to I get my fair look.
Hello doctor my problem is tat my hairs are not healthy in d sense whenever I take bath it dries soon and becomes strong and ruff. Please help me out of this and my skin is somewhat like aged. I am 19 year old. What I have to do. Please help me out of these problems.
After recovering from herpes zoster of mouth my face has got some dark mark .how I remove the dark mark aur patch on my face. Also want a cream.
When should you consider hair transplant surgery + 4 Myths busted
Opting for a hair transplant can be one of the many ways in which you can curb your receding hairline and put an end to baldness. This procedure involves taking hair from areas of the head that have dense hair growth, such as the back of the scalp, and transplanting it to the site where new hair needs to be created.
If you’re a MAN, these points should decide the time for getting a hair transplant surgery:
- You have been losing hair from male pattern baldness( a pattern of hair thinning and hair loss that occurs on the crown area, forming an ‘M’ shape) over years.
- Your hair loss persists despite taking medications to stop it.
- Your hair fall has reached a plateau stage (no growth or loss phase) and has stabilized.
- If you’ve experienced hair loss due to burns, trauma or cosmetic procedures.
If you’re a WOMAN, the right time to opt for a hair transplant procedure is when:
- You have lost hair as a result of burns or trauma.
- Your hair loss has been brought on by cosmetic procedures, like facelifts.
- You have female pattern hair loss.
4 MYTHS associated with hair transplant you shouldn’t believe!
Myth 1: Hair transplant gives you a head full of hair
Fact: This is not the case. Hair transplant only serves to lessen your bald appearance. It is a procedure that works by re-distributing your existing scalp hair in order to advance the front hairline. As a result, you end up looking younger with an appearance of a fuller head of hair.
Myth 2: It can be carried out at any age
Fact: This procedure should be ideally performed when your hairfall has more or less stopped experiencing any change, following a period of activity. Although it’s not easy to define the exact age as to when you would reach the plateau stage, this procedure should be done after 23 years of age.
Myth 3: It does not leave behind any scars
Fact: You can expect minimal scarring in a hair transplant surgery. Of the varied methods employed in hair transplant, it’s the FUE (follicular unit extraction) method that doesn’t leave behind a linear scar, but multiple small dots in the area from where the hair has been taken. They are hardly visible to the naked eye and hence FUE is more popular now-a-days.
Myth 4: It’s a very painful procedure
Fact: Hair transplant is performed under local anaesthesia. The site where follicular units will be harvested is made numb using sedatives and injections of local anaesthetic medicines, so that you don’t feel any pain whatsoever. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!