Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Gotur
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Smita GoturYour feedback matters!
Skin rashes can be of many kinds. These may be due to various improper body system. Thankfully, homeopathy has many solutions for the plethora of causative factors for skin rashes. These remedies aim at treating the underlying cause of the affecting ailment. Any skin change that affects the look, colour or texture can be termed as a rash. Rashes might or might not have any accompanying pain. They may be spread all over the body or may affect any one part and be localised. It might affect the body image apart from the discomfort it causes. A few kinds of rashes disappear without treatment, while others require medical attention.
Homeopathy tries to holistically solve the disease by treating the underlying causes than just the symptoms of the disease. Here are the most commonly employed treatments:
- Arsenicum (Ars): It is useful in treating skin ailments wherein the skin gets thickened; such as in chronic urticarial, chronic eczema and psoriasis. The rash might be papular and cause a burning sensation. The pustules turn into scabs. It is also effective in treating ringworms and certain kinds of hives. Hives which are formed after consuming fruits or pork are known to show noticeable regression after consuming Arsenicum. Wheals, which are induced due to consistent exposure to cold can also be remedied by this remedy.
- Apis Mellifica (Apis): It is useful when urticarial infections have a sudden onset with a widespread appearance of welts. Hives that spread all over the body and bed rashes can also be treated with this drug.
- Hepar Sulphur (Hep): This drug is helpful in treating moist eruptions on skin folds and the joints. The skin in such cases is prone to suppuration (the process of pus forming) and becomes very sensitive. This can also be used in eczematous scalp and cases wherein the skin becomes very sensitive. Genital organs affected by boils can especially benefit from Hepar sulphur.
- Caladium: It is most commonly used in case of asthmatics who suffer from rashes. This kind of rash alternates with the asthma attacks.
- Medorrhinum: Babies having rashes around their anus (diaper rash) are generally recommended this medicine for the eruptions to subside.
- Sulphur: This works well for rashes that are extremely itchy and feeling burning. You feel better when something cold is applied to the area. Your skin is rough, dry and peeling. You have blisters and fluid-filled bumps that exist within a patch of dark red skin. It may affect the left side of the body more often than the right, especially at points that bend and folds of the skin.
- Psorinum: Psorinum is one of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for skin rash and itching in the bend of joints, for example the hollow of the knee or elbow. Homeopathic medicine Psorinum has shown the best results where itching is intolerable and the skin gets raw or may even start to bleed from intense and continuous scratching. So severe is the condition that the person often finds it hard to even sleep. In persons showing these vital signs, Psorinum has proved to be one of the most suitable Homeopathic medicines for skin rash and itching. Psorinum is also among the most effective Homeopathic medicines for skin ailments that get worse in winters. Along with the symptoms mentioned above, sensitivity to cold air may also be felt in some cases.
- Graphites: An excellent remedy for many kinds of rashes, but those with very clear symptoms. This remedy won’t work for different symptoms. It treats rashes that are very moist, scabby and crusty, that ooze out a sticky substance the golden color of honey. It will be extremely itching, and the affected person keeps scratching it until it is raw. The skin may be dry and cracked. The scabby parts are most likely to occur between the fingers, behind the ears, at the bends of any joint (knee, elbow, etc.), and the face. There may be facial symptoms where the corners of eyes and mouth are cracked and bleeding a bit.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This remedy comes from poison ivy, and as such it treats skin rashes that mimic those caused by that plant. It includes intense itching, tickling, burning, prickling, blisters surrounded by red skin, and those blisters containing fluids that break open leaving small crusty areas. Patient feels very restless. Applying heat brings relief, and symptoms are worse during the night.
- Mercurius Vivus: This is great for rashes caused by poison ivy and bacterial infections. It will be moist with sick-smelling discharge. The rash will spread outward from the spot where it begins, and will include raised pus-filled bumps.The affected may sweat more often, and itch a lot especially at night. It is slow in healing.
- Urtica Urens: This mimics the description of “Apis Mellifica". Patient may have big red blotches of skin that sting quite badly. Here, it feels like bugs are crawling on the skin.
- Sepia: This remedy is good for a rash with blisters on skin that has turned yellow or brown. At first, the blisters will be dry, and progressively they become moist and discharge a liquid. It most often strikes joints, the area behind the ears, knees, and ankles. The symptoms worsen in the late afternoon and evening, and from exposure to cold weather. Sepia is a good remedy for psoriasis.