Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Siva PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from depression for 10 years. Though I am carrying out day to day activity at office and home normally, I am no more able to enjoy any activity and doing it in routine manner and as it is my duty. Can you suggest any test or short term medicine. If I find improvement, I will seek long term treatment for depression. Thanks.
मै लगातार पिछले 10 साल से शराब पी रहा हूँ .कभी कभी बीच में छोड़ा भी है 3 से 6 महीने तक परंतु अब में जब छोड़ने की कोशिश करता हूँ तो मुझे नींद नही आती 3 दिनों से जाग रहा हूँ सोने की कोशिश करता हूँ तो आंखे बंद रहती है पर दिमाग चलता रहता है सुब समझ में आता है कि आसपास क्या हो रहा है उठने की कोशिश करता हूँ पर उठ नही पाता और अचानक से नींद खुलती है मुझे पता रहता है कि में जो बी देख रहा हूँ सपने में वो सुच नही है और अपने आप को उठाने की कोशिश भी करता हूँ पर उठा नही पाता जब तक की कुछ गलत न हो जाये सपने में मेरे.समाज नही आ रहा कि क्या कैमिकल लोचा हो गया है। क्या ये किसिंप्रकार की बीमारी है या मेरा वहम और कैसे इससे निज़ात पाया जाये।
Dear doctors pls help me. I'm 28 , weight-50, height- 168 cm. Since hearing a few days ago the news that my friend's father died of heart attack, I'm becoming very confused and anxious whether I would get the same in future even though I'm underweight. Whenever I put on a little weight, I'm becoming very anxious and in the consequence, my weight is reduced gradually. My mind forces me to get anxious and confused day in and day out , only then you won't gain weight and heart problem. So pls tell me whether we should not lose our weight with anxiety. If an underweight or overweight person's weight is reduced with stress or anxiety, what will happen to his health? Which one of HDL and LDL will be reduced? And what's the danger thereof to one's health? If you tell me, definitely I will come out of it. Pls help me doctor. I have pinned all my hopes only on u.
I am an epilepsy patient. I took medicine daily 3times, but sometime I face the shivering problem. Pls suggest why it's happening and when will I get rid of this problem?
How to quit smoking I had tried various methods such as nicorate 4 what should I do? please help me I had heartburn due to smoking and sometimes lots of sweat headache nevervournes.
My brother was met a road accident on19.12.2014 he has admitted in vizag his brain was injured now he is physically OK, but he is behaving just like a child his age is 34 What can I do?
I am 25 years doing job at Software Company. I was reading one of your post" 3 Things You Did Not Know You Should See a Psychologist For" an found some same symptoms in me. I get emotional, angry, depressed very fast. I cannot stop thinking over what has happened in life and think on it. Even I am having continuous headaches. Is this any serious problem?
My friend Bakti has some mental issues. He has been facing this for 3 months from now. Sometimes he seems fine but suddenly he becomes sad and angry. He sleeps daily about 10-12 hours. He also forgetting things. What kind of disease is this please let me know?
Hi sir/ ma' m, i' m 25 yr old, from last one to two months i' m suffering from memory loss. I. E. If someone says me anything to do I started to do that work but if any other interrupt me n says another work, I done 2nd but forget to complete 1st one. If I have something with me, maximum time I forget that anywhere, I feel so much stress, pls tell me what to do.
My husband is involved with some other woman, I caught him red handed, I changed and he confessed, now he begging my forgiveness but I have a doubt it is from his heart or not. What should I do? Should I forgive him, should I maintain distance from him or what should I do? Please help me, I am extremely confused and disturbed.
Are there any mental screening tests to find out the extent of depression? I mean tests like brain imaging, MRI etc.
Dear sir I am just 18 year old. My problems starts with the girl. But I am not in relationship with her. My mind starts divert from 12 april 2015. So many illusions creates in my mind. But when I was going to solve my illusion another new1 create in my mind. Approx 13000 hours has been gone but still I can't understand me. Everything when I am think being my problem. After all this time when I m asking you my problem. It also becomes my problem. So sir please is it possible to divert my mind or erase my memories of last 54 days? please sir I wants to live my life and come back in my life again.
I pavan asking question related to hair fall Due to tensions and pollutions my hair is falling in numerous count and my hair clourbis turning into white What is the solution for it?
I'M 20 years old. I'M in a relationship from past 1.5 years. Everything was alright. My boyfriend used to smoke cannabis a lot n only hang out with his friends from morning till late nights. But after my constant practices he left everything. N was only with me. My happiness was everything for him. But from a week now he started smoking cannabis. N doesn't gives m any attention. Whenever I tried talking to him it ended up only with Me crying over n over again. He shows as if nothing affects him. He is facing some financial problem due to his betting habit in i-pill. He asked me for some money few days back but I wasn't able to help. And he's facing some problem at home also. Today I had talked to him he said he's bored of me. Then he said he is not bored. He's bored of his own life. I asked around 1000 times then he said he is not happy with me because of my short temper. And also because m not supporting him not giving him money. But he also says he loves me a lot despite of knowing my past because I had told him all about my past. But whatever he says he does only one thing ie ignoring me. And whenever he's out with his friends n that happens everyday now from 1 week. No matter how many Times 100-200 I call him he switches off his phn ignores me shows as if nothing matters to him only his friends are imp to him. So today I didn't talk to him after he said he's not happy. Wot should I do. I'M vry emotional m crying from almost a week now.Please tell sir.
I am 23 years old man. I am very shy guy. Its not bad but sometimes it creates problems. How I overcome it. Pls suggest me.
Sir I am suffering from acrophobia. I feel very much anxiety and suffocation during travelling by train or flight even in my room if locked by some one from out side. Uneasiness and breathlessness at that time very much anxious to come out any how in open air after some time I feel well. Further I am also suffering from dmt2 with hypertension. Please do find a solution and oblige me.
Sir I am suffering from anxiety and panic attack. I continuously masturbate from my 17 to till now daily 2 times a day. I am asking that masturbate will increase anxiety?
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!