Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Siva PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from ulcerative colitis since 2011 and in the meantime I am having anxiety issues as well and occasionally get fear of death and negative thoughts. Pls suggest a good nadi vaid.
I am a student of CA Final. I sit for long hours to study. What sort of food intake is required to have good brain health and avoid gastric problem I am facing these days. Kindly suggest a diet plan for the whole day specially for breakfast.
I am 40. For the last 12 years I am suffering from IBS, Headache, anxiety and extreme nervousness, weight loss and many more. What supplement should I take?
How to increase my memory power and concentration ability Im not able to focus on my studies n listen to class properly bt I want to read.
An anxiety disorder is characterized by a constant feeling of fear, worry or unease. While it is absolutely normal to feel anxious over certain matters like landing up a job interview or cracking the toughest exam, being anxious all the time for no rhyme or reason can be troublesome.
In certain psychiatric anomalies such as panic disorders, social anxiety disorder and various phobias, anxiety is one of the primary symptoms and causes. Anxiety disorder is usually a long term disorder that results in one feeling unnecessarily anxious about different events, no matter how trivial they are.
Causes behind it
The exact cause of anxiety disorder is not yet ascertained. There are several factors that can trigger anxiety disorder, some of them being:
1. Drug and alcohol abuse
2. Over-activity in certain areas of the brain that deal with behavior and emotions
3. Genetic defects
4. Chemical imbalance in the brain involving serotonin and noradrenaline which regulates mood
5. Chronic health conditions such as arthritis.
Signs you should look for
The symptoms of anxiety disorder are classified into physical and psychological symptoms. The psychological symptoms involve irritability, a feeling of restlessness and a constant feeling of being on the edge. Social withdrawal symptoms are also commonly observed.
The physical symptoms of anxiety disorder comprise of breathing difficulties, muscle pain, dizziness and fatigue.
How it can be treated
Some treatments for anxiety disorder are:
Medications: Medications such as antidepressants are prescribed to get rid of anxiety disorder
Therapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy, that is based on the belief that a person’s thoughts guide his actions, is another way to deal with anxiety disorder.
In addition to the treatments, you can also take steps to mitigate the symptoms of anxiety disorder, such as
1. Avoid smoking
2. Get regular exercise
3. Opt for self-help courses
I'm going through a psychological situation. Ever since my childhood I've been neglected and mishandled by women in my family and father wouldn't support me either. So now I've sort of phobia towards women. I'm always suspicious of them and feel scared to start off a family. I would ward off any advance by a girl towards me too. This can't go on, as I want to get married. Can someone please help me.
Hello Sir/Mam, I am Ekta Airen, my husband Rahul is suffering from mental depression and stress. There are constant mood swings in him, we are into relationship since 3 years and till now we are living just like friends. We are having a good and strong bond, our relationship is good but it is not of a husband wife. He is not working as well as all day he is in stress. At times he do not want me at all at times he want me to be in his life through out his life. Please help him. I want him to get fine.
• Six million deaths occur worldwide because of smoking.
• About 50% of smokers are expected to die because of tobacco–related illnesses.
• The three most important cigarette–related illnesses, which may be potentially fatal, are heart diseases, lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Chronic bronchitis or asthma of the adult).
• Smoking cessation is associated with substantial health benefits.
• Smoking cessation can reduce risk of heart diseases, cancer and COPD.
• Quitting smoking can help even after development of smoking–related heart diseases, cancer or COPD.
• Stopping smoking before age 40 is associated with a larger benefit than stopping it at later stage.
• Smoking exaggerates bone loss and is a risk factor for hip fracture. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 10% of heart blockage diseases all over the world.
• Cigarette smoking is responsible for 33% of all cardiac deaths.
• Quitting smoking even after age 60 is associated with lower risk of deaths.
• Smoking cessation also reduces risk of paralysis.
• Smoking cessation also reduces the progress of blockages in the leg vessels.
• Smoking is associated with premature aging in women.
• Even in smokers older than 80 years, quitting smoking reduces mortality.
• Quitting smoking means no smoking for three years.
• Bidi smoking is as bad as cigarette smoking.
• Tobacco chewing is as bad as cigarette smoking.
I am having the problem of excessive stress and tension. I am not getting proper sleep. Please help.
Hie im a martial artist nd I have concentration power but when I talk about the books I can't concentrate if I do its hard time for me nd my exams were also near so please help how can I concentrate on my studies. When I open my books I feels like laziness but after that I goes to my bed I can't sleeps sometime whole night im not sure what's going on with me. How can I prepare for my exams.
My son is having problem depression bipolar disorder for last 6-7 years he is having imrovement quite better but one problem is not solved that is as under : mera beta hamesha confused rahta hai wo koi bhi decision nahi le pata hai aur agar decision leta hai to us par tik nahi pata hai jiski wajah se wo sara din pareshan rahta hajaise ki wo llb kar raha hai to sochta rahta hai ki mujhe lawyer judge banana hai ya naukri karni hai jiski wajah se uska sir dard hone lagta hai dusri problem hai ki wo jo padta hai usey confidence nahi hota aur ek page karne ke baad dusre page par pahuchney par dubara pahla page padne lagta hai ki mujhe to aaya hi nahi tisri problem hai ki baar baar gas ya door ko check karta hai ki khuli to nahi hai.Please suggest.
Hello Doctor. I'm working in night shift for Almost 4+years. Is working in night without enough sleep will affect my thinking and decision making capabilities? I also feel many difference in my concentration power. Please help me out.
Gud Evng sir, actually I want to quit smoke. I'm preparing for sub inspector job. Give me good suggestion for quitting smoking. Tq.
I ate rice with small piece of stone like rice size during eating. Whether it will be out or not. L am feeling fear that it would create problem. please help me! I shall be much obliged to you through out my life.
Hi my name is avinash 24 years, male I am smoking for last 9 years. I want to quit smoking. I try not to smoke then also I do. Give me some ideas so that I can quit. Please help.
Having smoking 3-4 cigarettes can causes heart decease. As not having any health problem presently. And continued smoking from last 8 years. My age is around 35 years.
Ayurvedic massages are being performed for a long time for the overall mind and body support. This Indian traditional medicine ensures proper interaction between the mind, body and soul from the powers that lie within the human body. These messages are normally performed with the application of warm essential oils and help in improving the blood circulation, stimulating the lymphatic system and opening the body force.
Some of the special and highly beneficial Ayurvedic massages are:
- Pizhichil: This Ayurvedic massage includes pouring of warm essential oils from a specialized type of vessel known as Kindi, which is placed at a considerable height while the expert masseur executes the massage. As the massage is done for balancing out the Vata dosha, the essential oil is chosen on the basis of the patient's condition. The warmth of the oil is necessary for removing the Vata dosha and is extremely beneficial for individuals suffering from soreness caused from fractures, stiffness in various parts of the body, paralysis, monoplegia, hemiplegia and paraplegia.
- Njavarakizhi: This massage is aimed at increasing perspiration in the body and is very popular in Kerala. Here, after the application of the warm medicated oil, pressurized massage is given with small cotton bags that are filled with a specific type of processed rice termed as 'Njavara'. While the massage is given, cotton bags are dipped into cow milk, and a distinctive herbal paste is utilized for the production of sweat.
- Shirodhara: As the name says, this is a head massage that helps in stimulating the nerves present in the scalp area. It is mainly done through applying herbal or medicated oil on the head region in a continuous flow or stream. This massage is perfect for relieving mental fatigue, increasing focus and easing headaches.
- Elakizhi and Ubtaan: These types of Ayurvedic massages involve a combination of different herbal materials that form an effective beauty and skin solution. Both these massages help in revitalizing the skin, improving the texture of the skin, nourishing the body and improving the circulation, all these help in making the person appear fresh and beautiful.
Along with these Ayurvedic massages, there are several other types of massages available like the Gharshana that doesn't require any lubricant, Udvartana that helps in releasing the toxins from the body, and Abhyangam which is a whole body massage. Each of these massages is suitable for a specific condition and thus you must speak with an expert to know, which massage would be ideal for you.
Follow principle of ICE.
I mean ice pack application. C stands for compressions and E stands for elevation of painful part.
For pain relief take only paracetamol sos.
Even single tab of pain killer can damage kidneys.
Alcoholic should avoid pain killer.
In case APD,even single tab of pain can cause gastric bleeding.
Better use local ointment for pain relief.
In new pain or unusual pain,better to consult your doctor.