Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siva Prasad
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Siva PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am loosing my memory and attention towards work. I have been so absent of mind that I even forget the name of my coligues. Please help what should I do. Please suggest.
I am 26 year old female (House Wife) and I have problem in my head , one of my head pulse running fast and have pain in my half portion of mind, I remember old things fussily and living alone, Pls suggest what I do.
My friend is 20 years old and he has a habit of masturbating. He is telling me he is not able to remember things properly after doing it. He does it for every 3 days. Is there any such a problem? And also complaining that he is not able to see things properly some times. He has this habit since 6th class items. please give any solution for this.
Autism is defined as a neurobiological pervasive development disorder that includes lack of social skills and inability to reciprocate to social interactions. The patient may also have intellectual and cognitive deficits and problems in communication (verbal as well as non-verbal).
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it.
Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Cuprum Metallicum: This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus: A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Carcinosin: This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus: This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Helleborus: This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them. These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution.
I am 40 years old married person. I am very emotional person. I don't know to react but internally feels bad. Please advise.
Hello, my mom is suffering from depression. She is not in her senses any more. She doesn't even pay attention when someone is talking. She doesn't sleep at night or at day times like she only gets hardly 2 hour sleep a day. She reacts very angrily and negatively every time. When we try to give her medicine she says that she is ok she don't need medicine which is prescribed by psychiatrist. She wants outside at night closes and opens door as if someone is there. Sometimes she complains her whole body is burning. We as a family are not understand what to do. She thinks we are harming her. Please help me with this. Thank you.
Symptoms for Bipolar disorder varies from patient to patient. Bipolar 1 and bipolar 2 can vary in terms of signs and symptoms. Both diseases have a different set of symptoms and they are diagnosed according to the merit of the symptoms.
Bipolar 1 is characterised by a manic episode. This may be followed by a hypomanic or depressive instance. Symptoms of mania can cause major impairment in life and extreme cases may require hospitalisation. Bipolar 1 patients can suffer from psychosis as well.
Bipolar 2 is characterised by a hypomanic instance that lasts for at least four days and one depressive instance lasting for a minimum of two weeks. Bipolar 2 doesn’t involve a manic episode. Frequent mood swings and violent behaviour can be major challenge in a patient’s life.
Warning signs of manic and hypomanic behaviour:
a. Quick passing thoughts
b. Unusual talkativeness
d. Increased social activity
e. Inflated sense of self-esteem
Symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Anxious distress: Apprehensions about not finishing a task on time, feeling of restlessness, feeling of losing control, difficulty in concentrating due to distress, fearing an awful event will occur in the near future, etc., are key symptoms of anxiety distress.
- Melancholic features: Patients suffering from bipolar disorder like to be left alone. They may not seek pleasure in any activity and even good things may not have much effect on them.
- Catatonia: This is a condition wherein, a person stops reacting to the environment. Not speaking and holding unusual body positions are some signs of these symptoms. There might be a tendency of mimicking too.
- Psychosis: This is one of the classical symptoms of bipolar disease. It is characterised by hallucination, constant depression and delusions.
- Seasonal pattern: There is a pattern of manic, hypomanic and depressive episodes throughout the year. The pattern might change within a month or season.
- Rapid cycling: The number of mood swings can exceed four or more times in a single year.
- Peripartum onset: This is a condition where bipolar disorder symptoms are witnessed in a pregnant woman during pregnancy or within the four weeks following delivery.
Symptoms in children: It is difficult to find symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens. Along with bipolar disorder, kids are most often diagnosed with other mental health problems as well. The problems can result from stress, trauma or chemical imbalance of the brain. Perhaps the biggest symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens are their frequent mood swings, chronic depression and feeling of despair. There might be a tendency of oversleeping as well. Reaching out to a doctor or professional help is very necessary for cases related to children and teens. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.