Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sirish KumarYour feedback matters!
I got a small tooth cavity over my second premolar. Its paining since morning when I brushed with cold water. Since I am having exams I can not do any procedures right now. Please help me. Is it fine to take ibuprofen/diclofenac if its paining for two weeks. Is it good to do warm saline mouth gargle for this. Please reply.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My age is 19 there is small gap between my tooth and gum on the last 2nd upper tooth from right I brush very hard I change my brush like every 15 days.
What you must know before you get root canal treatment
Root canal treatment also known as endodontics is performed to treat and heal an infected or badly damaged tooth rather than removing it. When your teeth start decaying, you do not feel any pain for a very long time. However, gradually the darkening of your tooth color may become prominent which could mean that the tooth nerve is dying or has died. That's the time you will need root canal treatment which involves cleaning of the canals inside the roots of your tooth.
Why you may need the root canal treatment
Teeth consist of a soft core known as dental pulp. This pulp goes beyond the crown and the noticeable part of your tooth to the root tip inside your jawbone. The pulp contains blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue. So when your tooth is damaged or has a severe cavity, bacteria can easily make their way through the pulp. Symptoms and signs of a sore tooth include a hole in your tooth, a swelling around the regions of your face and neck, gum swelling, tooth pain or a toothache and temperature sensitivity. If it is left untreated, the decaying material and bacteria can cause a tooth abscess or severe infection, resulting in a bone loss, pulp death and even loss of the tooth itself. The root canal treatment is the best way to save the damaged teeth and escaping the painful process of extraction.
What does the treatment involve?
The purpose of the treatment is to free your root canal from every possible infection. The root is then cleaned and filled to avoid any further infection.
Root canal treatment is a skilled procedure which is time-consuming and usually requires from 2-3 visits to your dentist.
In the initial stage, the infected pulp is isolated to drain out abscesses (if any), followed by the cleaning of your root canal which is then prepared for a temporary filling.
Your tooth is then left to settle down.
In the next visit, your tooth is checked to see whether it’s free from all forms of infection so that it can be permanently filled.
Related Tip: Only 6 Basics That Beat Bad Breath
Sir, meri teeth me darar a gaye hai, gutkha khate khate, avi mene khana chor diya hai, bt dant avi tk lal hai, keya solution hai.
I think one of tooth is rotten. It turned into black and it is hurting the right jaw so badly. Is there any first aid I could do before going to doctor to avoid the pain. Any medicine I could by at the medical shop without prescription.
I have a broken tooth. Severe pain occurs sometimes. I also don't want to uproot my tooth please give suggestion.
Most importantly drinking through a straw can help the drink go to the back of your mouth without touching your teeth.