Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sirdous FathimaYour feedback matters!
My mother is 73 year old She is unable to walk or even go to toilet due to severe pain in knees She is overweight too due to medication for KNEE PAIN Please help.
I am 66 and weighs 96 kgs. Ht is only 5' 5. Suffering from rheumatic arthritis and osteo arthritis. Is there any proven treatment for this illness? tried all branches of medicines.
I got stitches on my left knee. I got them removed today. Bt when I folded my knee the wound opened up a bit. Bt did not bleed and there was no pain. The duty doctor just dressed up my wound and said avoid folding movement it will heal up. Will it really heal up or will I get stitches again?
I got a big bruise on my left knee from a injury last Tuesday and my bruise is all red and purple and it's painful and the bruise fills quite hard.
My uncle is 36 years old and he is suffering from knee pain his knee sticks and gives him a lot of pain what to do ?Which home remedy or which trate ment should be taken ?
He is having a lot of pain in knees as well as in joints in various parts of body from last 4 years. Please help.
I am suffering from knee pain from 2012 . According to x ray report it is Astrio Arthritis. Doctor advice me take medicine (ORTHOBACT FORTE) daily two times after meal.
I have injury in my knee yesterday during workout and know m not able to keep my leg straight for a single second suggest me the right way of treatment so that I will continue my practice.
I am feeling very much uneasy below knees getting temporary relief by stretching what may be the reason.
I have pain in one side of body.In ankle.Just above knees .In lower back .In neck and shoulder.Its like survycle type.M 25 years old. Just advice me.
I am 73 years old. I have ligament tear problem it is proving difficult to walk because of imbalance while walking. I have really no pain and less stability in left knee joint. Some orthopedic doctors say osteoarthritis is setting in, and some say ligament tear is there and better to do ortho scopy. Key hole surgery ihave x-rays and ct scan done.
I have pain and swelling in knees. I can only use western toilets. Not able to sit in floor and immediately stand up from floor. I am 46 years old. I have undergone hysterectomy 7 years back. Kindly advise for a remedy.
Pain in knee from last 1 year. Sometime less sometimes high. After straight banging with road MRI and xray shows noting technician says.
In the recent years, with the building work pressure and the increasing stress in our everyday activities, our regular lives have become choc-a-bloc with all sorts of engagements. This often renders our bodies prone to fatigue and listlessness. This phenomenon can often be observed in an intensified form by way of a disorder called Fibromyalgia or as it is deemed in common parlance, "rheumatism".
Fibromyalgia is an ailment, which causes pain in the body tissues. The tender and fibrous tissues like muscles, ligaments and tendons are often affected by this disease. As a consequence of Fibromyalgia, one feels incapacitated to work or perform any physical activity. Sometimes Fibromyalgia is accompanied by extreme headaches, sleep disturbances, muscle pain and consistent dizziness.
The degree of chronicity of the disease may vary but the underlying cause remains the same. Given the high incidence of the disease, the treatment for the same is also widely available. However, for a more effective and lasting cure, many resort to homeopathy.
Homeopathy offers several remedies to Fibromyalgia, classified on the basis of the discrete symptoms of the disease:
- Rhus Tox: Rhus Tox is an excellent antidote for rheumatism induced stillness and muscle pain. When paired with suitable exercises, it can afford a lot of relief.
- Ruta Grav: Ruta Grav aids in relieving tendon pains and sustained usage helps in restoring muscle strength in case of Fibromyalgia.
- Rhododendron: Often the Fibromyalgia pain gets aggravated with a marked change in the season. Rhododendron mitigates the intensity of the pain.
- Arnica: For any injury induced body ache, Arnica is an extremely effective cure. It also functions as the foremost option, when the precise causes or the symptoms are unknown.
- Causticum: Certain forms of Fibromyalgia are accompanied with soreness, weakness and a feeling of stillness. Causticum soothes such ailments.
- Bryonia: Bryonia alleviates chronic pain in the soft tissues of the body. Exposure to heat needs to be avoided mandatorily in order to optimize the effect of Bryonia.
- Kalmia Latifolia: When besides the obverse symptoms of Fibromyalgia, the pain in the muscle is accompanied with a feeling of cold and numbness, one of the best homeopathic cures is Kalmia Latifolia.
Fibryomalgia is an ailment, which not only manifests physical troubles but also affects one's emotional status adversely. Therefore, to mete out the best remedy, homeopathy carefully assess both the physical and the psychosocial bearing of the patient before recommending a particular cure.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.