Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause tooth loss or worse, an increased risk of heart attack or stroke and other serious health problems.
Periodontitis is common but largely preventable. Periodontitis is usually the result of poor oral hygiene. Brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily and getting regular dental checkups can greatly reduce your chance of developing periodontitis.
In most cases, periodontitis is preventable. It is usually caused by poor dental hygiene.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontitis
- Swollen gums
- Bright red or purplish gums
- Gums that feel tender when touched
- Gums that pull away from your teeth (recede), making your teeth look longer than normal
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Loose teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Factors that can increase your risk of periodontitis include:
- Poor oral health habits
- Tobacco use
- Older age
- Decreased immunity, such as that occurring with leukemia, HIV/AIDS or chemotherapy
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medications
- Hormonal changes, such as those related to pregnancy or menopause
- Substance abuse
- Poor-fitting dental restorations
- Problems with the way your teeth fit together when biting
If periodontitis isn't advanced, treatment may involve less invasive procedures, including:
- Scaling. Scaling removes tartar and bacteria from your tooth surfaces and beneath your gums.
- Root Planing. Root planing smoothes the root surfaces, discouraging further buildup of tartar and bacterial endotoxin.
- Antibiotics. Your periodontist or dentist may recommend using topical or oral antibiotics to help control bacterial infection.
If you have advanced periodontitis, your gum tissue may not respond to non-surgical treatments and good oral hygiene. In that case, periodontitis treatment may require dental surgery, such as:
- Flap surgery (pocket reduction surgery): The healthcare professional performs flap surgery to remove calculus in deep pockets, or to reduce the pocket so that keeping it clean is easier. The gums are lifted back and the tartar is removed. The gums are then sutured back into place so they fit closely to the tooth. After surgery, the gums will heal and high tightly around the tooth. In some cases the teeth may eventually seem longer than they used to.
- Bone and tissue grafts: This procedure helps regenerate bone or gum tissue that has been destroyed. With bone grafting, new natural or synthetic bone is placed where bone was lost, promoting bone growth.
In a procedure called 'guided tissue regeneration', a small piece of mesh-like material is inserted between the gum tissue and bone. This stops the gum from growing into bone space, giving the bone and connective tissue a chance to regrow.
The dentist may also use special proteins (growth factors) that help the body regrow bone naturally.
I am a 50 years old man. Diabetic for the past 5 years. I have severe problem of gums bleeding. What should I do?
I want a root canal treatment of my tooth, how much would it cost, I want to know, the tooth is no 8, down right side. It has been almost destroyed by the germs and there is a big deep passage inside it, that whenever I eat something, it stuck there so every time I have to remove it by the needle or a pin. Please.
I am a 35 years old male, I suffered bad smell my mouth last 6 months, whether cool & rain season this smell is came, what I should do?
I have a gap between the 2 front litter teeth. I use a floss and inter dental everyday but after some months tartar builds up this gap. How can I address the issue for the long term?
My teeth became yellow for that one of my friend told about cleaning (teeth) but I think it is not advisable so, in your vision what is advisable.
There is a gap in between my teeths. I don't want to wear pons is there any other method to reduce this gap?
Hello sir I have bleeding in my gums and teeth for 2weeks. Am afraid to visit dental doctor because of pain. Suggest any remedy to decrease pain.
My mom chewing pan from so many years, and now she want any chemical or paste to clean her teeth. So please suggest me.
Hi doc. I had a root canal for 3 of my front teeth, got them capped. There was a cyst in my gums due to an old injury. Due to which my incisor got dead. It turned black in appearance. The Dr. did rc and injected a solution to limit h cyst so that it does not spread. He has closed the rc nd capped it but the cyst still prevails as seen in x-ray. There was never any sort of pain in that place. please suggest if this wud effect me in future?
Can any one suggest tablets for dryness of mouth. I don't have any hormones problem I won't drink or smoke I won't sleep by opening mouth still I have bad breath problem y I don't know I went to dentist they told no problem with your teeth can any one suggest tablets which I can get in medical shop please please.
Do not use your teeth for doing something other than chewing food. Using them for the follwoing can result in chipped or broken teeth:
- Cracking nuts
- Removing bottle tops
- Ripping open packaging .