Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikant PankantiYour feedback matters!
My husband has pain in last spine (tail. He seating on tube for last few weeks. Please advise which xray I have to done.
Hey Dr. I'm having stomach problems for last week also I got hair fall problem simultaneously and also headache and pain in whole body. please help me I'll be very pleased to you.
I am 28 years old my whole body is paining and their is a swelling on my ankle and even I can not sleep from three days so what should I do.
Hi Doctor, From past 3-4 days, I am getting a tingling sensation on my right lower abdomen. There no such pain or severity, please advise what could be the reason for this.
I have a pain in my left side of the body. From left side waist to left leg toe. If I stand or work for long time then it get pain specially surface of toe.
Treating leg pain at home
You can usually treat leg pain at home if it's due to cramps or a minor injury. Try the following home treatments when your leg pain is from muscle cramps, fatigue, or overuse:
- Rest your leg as much as possible, and elevate your leg with pillows.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, to help ease discomfort as your leg heals.
- Wear compression socks or stockings with support.
- Apply ice
Apply ice to the affected area of your leg at least four times per day. You can do this even more frequently in the first few days after the pain appears. You can leave the ice on for as long as 15 minutes at a time.
Take a warm bath and stretch
Take a warm bath, and then gently stretch your muscles. If you have pain in the lower part of your leg, try pointing and straightening your toes when sitting or standing. If you have pain in the upper part of your leg, try to bend over and touch your toes. You can do this while sitting on the ground or standing up. Ease into each stretch, holding each position for five to 10 seconds. Stop stretching if your pain gets worse.
Preventing leg pain
You should always take time to stretch your muscles before and after exercising to prevent leg pain due to physical activity. It's also helpful to eat foods that are high in potassium, such as bananas and chicken, to help prevent injuries of the leg muscles and tendons.
You can help prevent medical conditions that may cause nerve damage in the legs by doing the following:
- Exercise for 30 minutes per day, five days per week.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid smoking.
- Monitor your cholesterol and blood pressure, and take steps to keep them under control.
- Limit your alcohol consumption to one drink per day if you're a woman or two drinks per day if you're a man.
- Talk to your doctor about other ways to prevent the specific cause of your leg pain.
The back bone or spine is made of a series of bones extending all the way from the neck (cervical) to the tail (coccyx). These joints, like others, are prone to inflammation, sprain and strain, some more than the others. The coccyx in particular is highly prone to inflammation and can lead to localized pain, which is very typical, with the pain in the tailbone. This is known as coccydynia. Read on to know more about this common condition.
What is Coccydynia?
- Literally, coccydynia translates to tailbone pain.
- It is characterized by a sharp, localized pain between the buttocks in the tail bone.
- It is often caused by injury to the pelvic area or the tail bone.
- Sitting and/or leaning against the buttocks make it worse.
- Pregnancy, when the additional hormones relax on the pelvic floor, also leads to increased pain of the tailbone.
Diagnosis: The pain can be easily confused with other conditions like sciatica, fractured tailbone, tailbone infections like shingles, etc. However, for a trained medical person, the symptoms of tenderness and pain are quite diagnostic. Pilonidal sinus, fistula, pudendal Neuralgia is also same as Coccydynia and show same symptoms.
- If there is a rash or inflammation, it needs to be evaluated further for additional problems.
- Where possible, rest completely for a short period of time till the acute phase of pain subsides.
- In case of injury, ensure there is no repeat injury to the same area.
- Pain medications are used to relieve pain, where it is severe and intolerable.
- In severe cases, cortisone injection may be given in the doctor’s office. In addition to pain relief, it may even take care of the underlying problem per se.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods where possible.
- After the acute phase is over, when sitting for prolonged periods, sufficient padding is advised. This could be in the form of pillows or padded seats.
- Sleeping on the sides is difficult, so sleep straight. If required, take a pillow in the middle.
- Physiotherapy is also helpful in some people who have repeat attacks. This helps in pain management and controlling acute phases. There are specific tailbone stretches, which should be done under supervision.
- Walking is one of the many effective ways to keep the tailbone “unlocked”, which helps in getting rid of the pain and avoiding spasms of the muscles around the tailbone.
- Best internal manipulation and pain management can be done with Coccyx exercise.
The time taken for healing of the tailbone depends on whether it is a simple bruise or a severe one. The former would heal completely in about four weeks, while the latter will take about 12 weeks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I met with an accident fallen from my 2 wheeler having swelling n pain with scratches in my Foot what should I use to remove swelling and pain.
I have pain in my whole abdomen and it continued by a week. When the pain begins it goes to the back. So suggest me good advice. Thanks.
My mother 48 years old always has a pain in her right hand, during winter it increases even she cannnot uplift her hand. She is being treated with ayurvedic doctor but no result after 5 month treatment. So pls advice what to do now ?
I got fever two days back and consulted a local doctor and now the body temperature is fine but I'm feeling weakness inside my body and whole body is paining, mostly upper part. I don't know why I'm feeling weak. Please help.
Pain is a common occurrence in day to day life and should be managed well.
Remember the word ‘ICE’ which means putting ice pack on theinjured painful area, ‘C’ stands for compression and ‘E’stands for elevation.
The mantra, therefore, is to use cold compression and elevation forany injury.
Alternate hot and cold packs are used for chronic pain.
Painkillers should not be taken without a doctor’s advice.
If a painkiller has to be taken, it should be one tablet of paracetamol.
People who take alcohol should not consume paracetamol without asking their doctor.
In patients with kidney disease, even one tablet of painkiller can precipitate kidney failure.
In patients with acid peptic disease, one tablet of painkiller can precipitate gastric bleeding. Instead of taking a painkiller, look for alternative methods torelieve pain.
Pain relieving ointments are better than oral painkillers.
In hospital setting, intravenous and intramuscular injectable painkillers are available.
Always tell your doctor that you are taking painkillers.
Yesterday I have participated in college sports without any practice, After that iam feeling full body pain also I cannot eat food properly and feels of fever. What should I do?
I am walking 50 km per day in Rajasthan without shoes or slippers and having lot of pain I am unable to walk I am on way to walk for 610 km kindly help me with remedy.
I don't have any problem but just a pain in my leg and my mother has full body pain pain pain pain Shoaib I thank you.
I am suffering from body aches after getting up in the morning with having bad breath also. Want to know some solution?
Since last 2 months. I had pain in my whole body. how can it be treated? Like back pain, neck, shoulder and all. Please reply.
Hi friends, my name is Dr Umesh Deshmukh. I’m a consultant in anaesthesia and pain management. Today I’ll be speaking on chronic pain because this topic is very close to my heart. I also suffered from chronic pain.
Chronic pain is a condition shared by many of us including myself. It can be caused by joint disease, arthritis, migraine, fibromyalgia, bad back and cervical spondylitis, excessive weight gain. The important thing to note is that chronic pain whatever the cause, hangs on for weeks or months or even years and decades together. It wrecks your life and lifestyle, it changes you from inside. So as it is said that God helps only those who help themselves. So there are certain things that we must do to alleviate the pain apart from what a doctor can give to us.
- First is walking. Walking is one of the best things we can do to alleviate pain. You must start slowly with slow increments in your walking time every day.
- Acupuncture is one of the modalities of pain therapy that has been neglected over a long period of time. But acupuncture is very effective in chronic pain and it if possible consult a good acupuncturist to treat your chronic pain because acupuncture increases the natural pain killing hormones known as endorphins in your body.
- Other important thing is to get your mind off from whatever work etc. you do. You must take periodic breaks from your works. You could do something to distract yourself like reading a book or probably singing a song. Having a conversation with your friend something like that you can do, it takes your mind off from pain and distraction is the most important thing to treat chronic pain.
- Other important aspect is a change in diet and managing your weight. You must reduce your excess weight by performing certain diet changes in which the dietician can advise you what to do.
As far as treatment is concerned to consult a pain expert. There are pain specialists available in metros and big cities and big hospitals. Nowadays, there is even available on a part time basis. You can also consult them through Lybrate.
Some of these pain specialists like me, are also experts in interventions of various kinds especially in dealing with pain back or spine problems and joint problems. These interventions may constitute simple injections for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. The pain controlling device in plantations in your spinal cord and also doing surgeries like spine surgeries joint replacements etc. These certain things can be treated by pain specialists and some of them can be treated only by surgeons but the pain specialists can advise you when to go in for a surgery.
So friends, if there is any way that I can help you as a pain specialist. I am available on Lybrate. You can text me or you can send an email to me or you can call me in person so I can devise a plan to help with your pain.