Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I got pain when I don't go for toilet for few minutes on left side of my body. I feel frustrated all days because I don't know there is something happened on my left part of stomach.(moving like gas or other. And sometimes or day I did not realise this & goes normally.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.
I have fever from last few days. I don't know what is happening with me these days. When I go to sleep, I prefer to sit and when I sit, I need sleep. Whole body is paining. Please do something.
I have fever and body pain since 2 week. I tried Disprin and D cold total for 7 days but I didn't get well. Please recommend treatment for me.
I am having head ache and body pains from last one month I have consult the doctor but not used so please suggest the treatment.
I am suffering from weakness from last 3 days and pain in our body and some hedadec from last night. Give me the solution.
I have jaw pain and in lower part of ear also. I m unable to understand what does it mean! What is it?
My wife was hysterectomy operation in 10 months back and remove the one ovary. Now present consult the doctor express second ovary not function. Now she suffer the hot feelings of the body and body pains. So I request to suggestion.
Hi sir myself I am balaji I am from hyderabad let me explain my personal problem I have a suffering from body pains from last 3 months I can not not walk for long time so please get some suggestions. .Thank you.
My mum is having asthma and thyroid problem from the last many year because of this my mother's weight is increasing and hair fall is increasing. She is on bed and having high body pain. please help me.
I m getting whole body pain after coming back from school and I m feeling like fever n till morning I m fine n then same thing repeat.
I Am 21 Year Old And I Am Not Able To Sleep From last Previous Days And and Tht Has Resulted In Body Pain. Wat shud I do?
Hi, I am 32 years old working lady having one kid of 7 years old. Suffering from body pain, sleepy during my working hours, unable to work efficiently. Tired feeling from early morning to whole day. Headache and vomit feeling during working hours. Tasteless for anything. Fluffy stomach after every meal. My recent Blood Test Report mention below: Total T3-131.0 ng/dI ; Total T4-8.5 ug/dI ;TSH 5.46 uIU/mL; Hb-8.0 Gm/dI TLC- 9700 /cu. Mm. DLC neutrophil 54% ; Lymphocytes 42% ; monocyte 01% ; eosinophil 03% ; basophil 00 % Platelet Count - 2.81 Lacs/cu. Mm. ; Total RBC Count - 3.7 Millions/cumm Packed Cell Volume- 31.6 % ; MCV - 69.1 fl. ; MCH - 23.1 pg. ; MCHC - 30.6 gm/dl ESR (Wintrobe'S method) - 39 mm/Hr. Please suggest any medication or treatment for the same.
Even with all the high tech medical options available, a simple ice application can still be one of the more effective, proven methods to treat a sore back or neck.
Ice is typically most effective if it is applied soon after an injury occurs, or after any activity that causes pain or stiffness.
Ice can also be very helpful in alleviating postoperative pain and discomfort.
While any form of applying cold to the injured area - such as a bag of ice wrapped in a towel or a commercial ice pack - should be helpful.