Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shri ThanaviYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years old and I am having itching on my full body since a month. Did the course of 10 cetrizine tablets but still experiencing the same itching problem. What should I do?
I am going through execessive hair fall. I am tensed that I will get bald n few months, please suggest me something
I have itching problem in my leg from long time and it changes it place. But never get cured permanently. Give me some advice how to cure it permanently.
I am having acne on my face quickly even I don't eat any fast food or oily stuff. And my skin is also very dry what to do now ? Please help me with this.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Hi, I am 28 years old. I am facing uneven skin tones. Patchy skin, darkening of skin. Even though I am eating healthy things. Is it possible because I am overweight.
I am having dark circles and due to sun my skin colour got dark so suggest something homemade nuskha how to get rid from this problem.
I have short hair. Can I use conditioner? As it is said that conditioner should apply on hair only. But if apply then it will touch to my scalp. Or if it touch my scalp then will it lead to hair fall? Please guide me as I don't know much on conditioner. I am using Patanjali Kesh Kanti for hair wash, Parachute Coconut Oil for oiling and Brylcreem Hair Fall Protect for styling. Hoping for your kind and immediate response.
I have a black spot on my back and I use scar removal cream but its not effective. Give me a good suggestion.
I am 40 years old. I have a loose skin with coll astral and stretch marks on arm as well as on stomach. What should I do. Please suggest.
My face and hands are darker compared to rest of the body. I have this uneven skin tone problem since many years. Is there any way to correct this?
A good sunscreen with spf acts like oxygen to your skin. Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before going outdoors between 11am and 3pm when sun is at its peak and its rays the strongest it should be done every three hours if you have prolonged exposure to sun.