Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shravan Kumar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shravan KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have some problem in my right eye there is no vision and the pressure is also high there are some white spots like cloudy in my eye doctor gave me some medicine but I'm not satisfied with his check up he is saying that I have to put medicine long life he also told that I have ulcer in my eye.
My eyes get red after my office hours wat may be the reason behind it. I don't have numbers on my eyes but I wear computer eyeware spax. Can you please consult wat may be the main reason behind it?
Dear doctor, I am 61 years. Retired. I am diabetic also since about 15 years. For few month now I feel especially when getting up some dust particle on the eyelashes and some times during day time also. Even though no pain or irritation in side the eyes I feel some irritating effect mentally due to this. Since childhood we have been using coconut oil for hairs and for preparation. Nothing has noticed so far. Kindly advise sir. Please bear with me if I am causing any inconvenience to you please with regards
My eyes are itching and slightly burning during day time. I wash my eyes 6-7times everyday but its not working. What should I do?
Hi I am 39 years old male. My foreskin has some scratch of a thing. It doesn't get rolled back normally, I can do it but with lots of burning and p.while intercourse using condoms it's ok. Otherwise also it's ok. But it cannot be done normally. Also I have got a boil kind of thing on my upper eye lid. It does not pain at all. BIt's since last month.please help me
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.