Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Radiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha Rani U
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha Rani UYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor plzz say me is surgery essential for Diffuse annular disc bulge seen at l4 and l5 level causing indentation over thecal sac with bilateral recess narrowing and significant nerve decompression.
I am Dr. Malvika Sabharwal from jeevan mala hospital and apolo spectral hospital in Karol Bagh, New Delhi India.
I am gonna tell you about uterus removal. Uterus removal is a very common operation. Bht commonly isko kara jata hai k patient ata hai apko bolta hai k ji hamary ko flah flah flah problem hai or ap hamara uterus nikal dijiye. Sb sy phly to main apko btaungi kya indications hain. Chahye wo fibroid k hn, ya bleeding zyada ho rai ho. Koi fibroid nai hai per bleeding bht zyada ho rai hai ya koi changes a rhy hain. Jaisa k agr mouth of the uterus main agr koi peps pal krty hain routinely jo k karna chahye, her ek marez k liye. Ap regular apasnaol kar ry hain us main koi changes any lag jaty hain ya aisi koi bhi problem ho to patient ata hai or wo bara clear mind sy kehta hai k ji mje uterus remove krwana hai. Kbhi kbhi wo refered cases hoty hain. Ya marez ko kahein kaha jata hai or hamary pas aty hain. Q k hamary pas jo uterus removal ka tareka hai wo hai durbeen sy or ek pait khol k. pait khol kr jo karty hain, ek bara 8 centimeter, 8 inches k kareeb ek insection hota hai pait k upper or us k through hm uterus ko, us ko pakar k baher nikal k us ki puri surgery kr k as pas disconnect kr k us ko nikal dety hain. Or abdomen ko stitch kr dety hain. Laparoscopic surgery jb sy hm ny shuru kari hai. Year was 92. I think ye sb sy bara bone hai. Doctor k lye bhi, patient k lye bhi. Ek to patient friendly surgery hai. Or doctor k liye offcourse, doctor ko sekhny main thora samain zaror lgta hai,but once you have commanded the technique of Laparoscopic surgery, it is the best. It is the best for the patient and for you it’s a very affective way of taking out the uterus without any problems. Ap us ko Laparoscopicly nikalty ho or Laparoscopicly jb nikalty ho 1 din ka stay rehta hai hospital main. 1 din main mareez back to normal work hota hai. Wo ghr ja kr k, serhioyon sy charhta hai. Serhiyon par jaye, upper rahy, ghar k khanay bnaye, baheer ghumny jaye, hr roz piture dekhy, us py koi issue nai hai. Bht minimal unko btaya jata hai do’s and don’t’s. unka upper charhny main koi problem nai ati. Sirf halki phulki jo problem, sirf 2 chezain ki hm log btaty hain which Is hardly any issue. So patient is back to normal routine. Ap apny ffice dubara ja skty hain itni jaldi. Loss of working days is very less. To loss of working days jaisy e kam oty hain, aj kal apko pta hi hai, mostly ladies are working, most of the women are working today. Chahy wo ghr py, ghr ka bhi kam itna hota hai. Bachon k aj kal kitny kam hoty hain, us k ilawa office girls bht hoti hain. Jo k office ko bhi sambhalti hain or ghr ko bhi sambalti hain. Let me tell you hamary bht patients hain un ko kbhi ye problem nai I k hum uterus nikalny k bad hm ghr ka kam nai kar paye. Ya office ka kam nai kar paye. Hamary pas doctors aty hain. Dur dur sy aty hain, in fact patients are coming from dubai, London, America, Canada all over. Wo aty hain apna operation krwaty hain or 2 din k bad they are ready to go home. Because this surgery has really picked up so much k jb o dekhty hain k kitny aram sy ye kam ota hai to unko aisa koi hesitancy nai lagti. Un k roz mara ki zindagi main koi change nai ata. Unko minimalistic thory sy do’s and don’ts hoty hain which is hardly anything. And aam tor per jb hum uterus nikalty hain, jaisa k main apko dekhati hn. This is one uterus. Two tubes and two ovaries. Aj agr main uterus nikal rai hn, lady ka age hai 45, I will tell her definetly ovary tubes to ap nikal hi lijye. Ovaries jo hain, wo apko hormones deti hain. Hormones ek lady ko femerity bna k rakhti hai. Femariti sy ye bhi matlab hai, tubes ka koi aisa role nai hai per ovaries apko hormones dy k, hormones k karan apka skin, hair, heart, sb k upper us ka zor hai. So ovaries ko hum bina puchy bilkul nai nikalty. Us k lye permission lety hain tabhi nikali jati hai. Per agr uterus nikal ry hain to aam tor per hum tubes ko bhi nikal dety hain.
Thank you very much.
I am suffering from renal cell carcinoma and removed my right kidney and left kidney effected to 13-14 mm tumor please suggest me any right way in this condition.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Hi I am Dr. Kirti Yadav, senior physiotherapist from Mat-Harbor family clinic, Gurgaon.
Today I want to talk about a very common problem which every one, if we count about the population 100% then 70% of people they talk about Disk pain. So I want to enlighten this topic today. If there is a normal pain and ache in your neck or back you go to a doctor and the doctor assess you and tells you to get an MRI done. Whenever you get an MRI done there is some level of disk involvement and the doctor ask you to take rest, not to do exercise and all those things and then just being fear of disk pain you don’t exercise for the rest of your life.
So just to come onto that area, just to enlighten this topic, as a physiotherapist I want to tell you about the fact. Disk pain, YES it happens but it happens in 20% of the cases. The rest 50% of the cases have been misdiagnose, they take disk pain and they don’t do exercise all of their life. Now we don’t exercise, we don’t strengthen up our muscle that is the problem that we get these pains and aches and the muscle is being stretched which is counted to be as the disk pain. Now when we talk about this, when you get an MRI done even today if I get my MRI done I will have some level of disk involvement whether the disk is causing you pain or not that is more important. The nature of pain tells you about the disk involvement.
So if you have tingling sharp shooting burning kind of pain which travels through a nerve, which travels through area, it dignifies, it signifies the disk pain. But if you have a localized dull, aching kind of pain please don’t take it as a disk pain and don’t take it as a nerve pain. So just coming to the treatment part. About 50% of the people who don’t have disk pain, who says we have cervical spondylitis but they don’t have cervical spondylitis they have trapezius muscle involvement. In that case what we do please strengthen up your trapezius muscle, please strengthen up your shoulder muscle so that you don’t have these pains and aches again and again. Why this happens? This happens because of repetitive strain injuries that happens because of more of computer use more of mobile use, texting and other sedentary live cells which we are going in. So the ultimate solution for pains and aches muscular is strengthening the particular part.
If you want to know more about this, if you want to talk more about it you can contact me through Lybrate.
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
Kidney Cancer, more commonly known as renal cancer, first presents itself in the lining of the kidney. It then grows malignant and forms a tumor. The good news is that renal cancer rarely spreads to other organs. The bad news is that the tumors grow quite large before they can be detected.
Kidney cancer has been found to occur most often in people who are older than 40 years of age. Though the cause of the cancer is not definitively known, there are a few factors that might increase the risk of developing kidney cancer. These include-
1. Obesity- Obesity can cause hormonal changes which in turn can increase the risk of cancer.
2. Smoking- As with any other kind of cancer, nicotine consumption, in the form of smoking cigarettes, increases the risk of developing the disease. In the case of renal cancer, it can, in fact, double the chances.
3. Pain Medications- A prolonged use of pain relievers over a period of time can increase the risk of renal cancer. Certain components of the medication can lead to kidney damage.
4. Genetic history- A medical history of family members, especially siblings, with the disease can significantly increase the risk of kidney cancer.
In its early stages, kidney cancer remains asymptomatic, but as the tumor grow in size, symptoms begin to present themselves. These symptoms might include the following-
1. Blood in the urine.
2. A gradual loss of appetite leading to weight loss.
3. A persistent pain in your abdomen in conjunction with a lump.
5. Swelling of the legs and ankles.
Treatment for kidney cancer will depend on the size and location of the tumour and whether it has spread to other organs or parts of the body. Therefore, to determine the stage of cancer, diagnostic tests such as biopsy, are performed along with urine and blood tests. After determination of your cancer stage, the doctor will perform either a radical or a partial nephrectomy, where the cancerous tumor is removed along with additional tissues. Often, kidney surgery is followed by kidney transplant if both the kidneys need to be removed in nephrectomy. However, if nephrectomy does not cure your kidney cancer, then your oncologist may recommend cryotherapy, radiofrequency ablation or arterial embolization.
Kidney cancer in its advanced stage is often treated with either biological therapy where your body’s immune system is utilized to fight cancer cells or targeted therapy where drugs are used stop the multiplication of cancer cells by blocking their signals. Due to such advancement in cancer treatment, the rate of success has gone up in recent years but you also need to follow a healthy lifestyle to make sure that the treatment can bring out the desired positive outcomes. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The thought of going under the knife to treat your spine problem may give rise to a range of emotions; make you ponder over a number of things such as the recovery period, procedure and techniques involved and so on. Nonetheless, before opting for the surgery, there are certain points that you should go over and these are:
- Be well aware of the cause of your pain - Identifying the cause that is behind your pain is vital in order to decide whether the surgery is going to prove beneficial in the long run or not. If the cause is not identified as the right one, the surgery may prove futile and you may not get the pain relief that you're looking for.
- Gather detailed information about your spine surgeon - Before visiting the spine surgeon, you should collect detailed information about the specialist so as to be able to come up with appropriate questions concerning the surgery. From questions concerning about the surgeon's success and complication rates, numbers of surgeries performed to qualifications of the surgeon, these and much more should be part of your evaluation process.
- Prepare yourself before a consultation - It's good to prepare yourself before a medical consultation. Whether it's researching about the surgery and your condition or being well aware of your family's medical history, or details about the pain that you experience, or your expectations from the surgery, every aspect should be covered so that you derive the maximum benefit from your meeting.
- Carry out your own research - Carrying out your own research on the alternatives before opting for the surgery can put you on a better footing. It's imperative to compare the opinion put forward by the surgeon from genuine sources so that you're better able to understand the merits and demerits of the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.