Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old I am married my wife has pregnant since 4 months but she used eat papaya every day some body said it harmful to the baby Is this true please suggest me also my wife has heart patients.
Hello my vagina is not getting wet. When we do intercourse its pain lot to me and I am not able to do sex. I stop my partner due to pain. What to do so that we can have good n enjoyable sex?
My wife is twin pregnant. Doctor say by ultrasound the position of both baby are beach potidin. Is there any risk for delivery?
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
1. Your having a friend/ your partner/ a relative with you during labour for support.
2. Your wanting to have your labour start on its own.
3. Your wanting to move around, and try different positions during labour.
4. Your eating and drinking during labour.
5. Using interventions like induction, i/v lines, foetal monitors, episiotomy, etc.
6. Your wanting to breastfeed your baby within the first hour of delivery.
7. Performing infant care procedures like cutting cord, apgar assessment, taking temperature, footprints, etc. With the baby held close to you.
1] Improves digestion – Cardamom helps in stimulation and regular excretion of gastric juices in the stomach. It helps in balancing these acids in cases of acidity, thus providing relief during heart burns. A good benefit of cardamom is chewing it after a meal. This helps those suffering from flatulence and gas. Cardamom is also beneficial in relieving stomach cramps and hiccups.
2] Anti spasmodic – Cardamom helps in relieving muscle spasms and tremors. It improves blood circulation to the lungs and can be helpful for those suffering from whooping cough, sore throat, asthma or bronchitis.
3] Detoxifying agent – Cardamom helps in cleansing of body. It is considered to be a refinement spice against caffeine. It also helps those who want to quit addictions like smoking, alcohol, tobacco chewing, and even those who have a sweet tooth. It eliminates urges.
4] Treats urinary infection – One of the lesser known benefits of cardamom is that it is a diuretic and helps in increasing urination. It has thus been found to be helpful in urinary tract infections.
5] Helps in oral problems – It helps in curing tooth and gum infections. The most common benefits of cardamom is that it can be used as a mouth freshener. It is a boon to a vocalist as it helps in improving voice.
6] Essential volatile oils – Cardamom oil is full of antiseptic, anti depressant, anti ageing and antioxidant properties. Avail benefits of cardamom by applying this oil when you have headaches. Adding cardamom oil to bathing water helps in relieving depression, stress and in fighting common sicknesses and bodily strife.
7] Tonic – It enhances appetite. A well known benefit of cardamom includes decreasing nausea and vomiting. Cardamom helps in relieving mouth ulcers. It encourages the functioning of nervous system and helps in relieving weakness.
It also contains copper, manganese and iron. These contribute to cardamom’s antioxidant and blood cell formation properties.