Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhaYour feedback matters!
I had unsafe sex with my girl friend on 5th day of her menses. She did not get her next menses yet she supposed to get it today i.e 23rd Dec, is it mean that she is pregnant if it is, how can we avoid pregnancy?
I am suffering from white discharge, since April 16. As per clinical test klebsiella pneumoniae was found. I have visited AIIMS hospital delhi. Prescribed medicine taken, again clinical test done. It was found -ve (sterile). But after one month it's again start discharging. Last period was 01st Oct. Kindly suggest.
Is it possible to abort my pregnancy in my first month by which pill I have to take I didn't want any operation. please suggest me.
I had intercourse first time on sept 5 and I was having periods on that day and then on sept 19 again I had intercourse and now its oct 6 I didn't have perdz. Does sex delay the periods a bit? Please help me out.
Hi doctor. I am 24 weeks pregnant, and since morning i'm having pain in my lower abdomen. The pain is not major but I am little worried as its my first pregnancy. What could be the reason of this pain?
If I have a sex with my wife till she got pregnant & after two months of pregnant is any problem with baby formation.
When we see a happy couple, we think how lucky they are to have everything going great for them. However, a lot of women are embarrassed to talk about any issues they face in the bedroom. One such problem many women deal with is vaginal dryness.
If a woman takes a moment to think about how pleasurable a natural act like sex really is, it would be fair to say that the thought of something such as vaginal dryness making intercourse any less pleasurable will almost surely cause her to shudder. The good thing is that this issue is preventable.
Why does it happen?
In order to understand to a sufficient degree how vaginal dryness can be avoided or is to be treated, a person should first understand how it is caused. Many changes take place in a woman’s body when a woman goes through menopause, and vaginal dryness could be one of the changes that occurs, along with the periods of a woman becoming quite irregular before stopping entirely. This is due to a lower amount of oestrogen being produced.
However, while it is common for a lot of women who are going through menopause to experience vaginal dryness, it is by no means true that other women, across age groups, do not experience this condition. The other causes can vary and can include complex medical conditions or even lack of enough foreplay before the commencement of sex.
When a woman is treated for vaginal dryness, it is quite common for her health practitioner to provide a prescription for vaginal oestrogen ring. This can have an effective life span of anywhere between a month to three months and also serves to provide support to the pelvic floor for a woman who does not have much muscle strength in the region.
Apart from the ring, a woman can also ask her doctor about the viability of using of a vaginal ointment instead. This cream may feel a bit messy, but at the same time, apart from the initial one to two weeks of using it on a daily basis, a woman may need to apply it only once a week or maybe three times a week over the course of the treatment, as suggested by the doctor.
A tablet form of medication can also be suggested.
Hello, my name is Jasmine lunch and I am 29 years old. Please kindly help me, why I don't get pregnant. Me and my husband are trying but nothing happen. We have a daughter but we're planning for the second one. 3 years we've been trying but no results. Please kindly help.
The esophagus is the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach. However, it is not just a simple tube. The lower esophagus has a specialized muscle around it that usually stays tightly closed, opening only to allow food and liquid into the stomach. It acts to prevent the reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus.
Symptoms occur when this specialized muscle weakens and allows stomach acid to splash up into the esophagus. These symptoms include heartburn, chest discomfort, and bitter fluid flowing up into the mouth. Chest discomfort can occur. If the stomach juice trickles into the breathing tubes, hoarseness, cough, and even shortness of breath can occur. This entire problem is called gerd (gastroesophageal reflux disease). A number of factors, including certain foods, may cause the lower esophageal muscle to relax, causing gerd.
1. Pineapple and papaya.
Pineapple contains bromelain and papaya contains papain, both substances known as proteases which are digestive enzymes that help with the breakdown of protein.
Normally, your body would use pepsin to digest protein, but this enzyme is most effective in very acidic environments like the one found in your stomach. Those on acid reducing diets, as is often recommended for gerd patients, may find the digestion of proteins difficult, resulting in pain and reflux.
Adding pineapple and papaya to your gerd diet can help alleviate these symptoms by facilitating the breakdown of proteins.
2. Iodized salt.
Now, we have always heard that salt is bad for us and we should avoid it. Well, if you have gerd, you may have to hand over the chocolate, but you do get to sprinkle a little bit of salt on those veggies in your gerd diet.
Low iodine levels can contribute to hypothyroidism which is often associated with acid reflux. Many people today use sea salt which has not been iodized, so if this is the case, you should add some regular salt to your diet.
If you are unable to eat salt due to health issues, you should consider taking an iodine supplement. Low sodium levels have also been connected to acid reflux, so make sure you have at least a little salt in your gerd diet.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids.
This is controversial since many people say that adding omega-3s to their gerd diet significantly reduced gerd symptoms, while others claim that it actually made them worse.
Similarly, fatty fish (a high source of omega-3) is on the “avoid” list, but many gerd sufferers say that they have no problem eating salmon or tuna.
If you are able to handle omega-3s, the health and healing of the fish oil benefits are effective in boosting immunity and repairing damage. A fish oil supplement may also be taken if your body reacts better to this option.
What to avoid on a gerd diet?
Although specific foods to avoid may vary from person to person, there are a few general guidelines that may help reduce symptoms of gerd.
1. Spicy food.
Certain hot spices are known to irritate the esophagus and cause heartburn. Avoiding these may help prevent painful symptoms and reduce the risk of ulcerations.
2. Trans fats and high fat foods.
High fat foods, particularly those that contain trans fats, can cause reflux because of the large amounts of acid required to digest them. Foods with a high fat content have been linked to a decrease in les pressure and a delay in stomach emptying which can also lead to acid reflux.
As well, dangerous trans fats have been connected to esophageal disease, and since gerd can also contribute to complications with the esophagus, it is best to eliminate them from your gerd diet.
3. Very hot food and liquid.
It is best to let food and beverages cool a little before consuming since very hot substances have been linked to stomach and intestinal ulcers, which can intensify the symptoms of acid reflux.
4. Mint and chocolate.
Both peppermint and chocolate contain chemicals that can stimulate the release of stomach acids while also relaxing the smooth muscle sphincter between the stomach and esophagus, often resulting in acid reflux and heartburn.
Alcohol irritates the lining of the stomach and is actually one of the most reported causes of heartburn.
6. Your own trigger foods.
Given the complex nature of gerd, this one has to be added. I know it is repetitive, but everyone has certain foods that irritate their condition and cause severe symptoms. Make a list of these foods and avoid them in the future.
Before married me and my gf 2 years ago During sex we used condom and after sex gf use the I pills every time. Now she is facing pregnancy issue Last few month she get pregnant but due to low growth Dr. suggest to abortion Now we are trying but can successfully. Is the effect of that tablet?
I am 25 years old unmarried having problem with monthly menstruation. It lasts only for 2-3 days. What should I do?
I am married since last 2 years having normal sex life, we eagerly wishing to have a baby, unfortunately we are unsuccessful. Don't know what's exactly the problem.
Hymenoplasty is also known as hymen surgery. It is a surgical procedure where the hymen within the vagina is restored. The Hymen is a membrane covering the vaginal opening, which can be torn when a woman engages in coitus for the first time or it could be damaged due to other factors such as heavy lifting, exercise, cycling, swimming among many other activities. Hymenoplasty involves putting back the hymen’s torn edges to make it look like the hymen is intact.
Why do women want hymen reconstruction?
A woman would want a hymen reconstruction surgery for a number of reasons. They are:
- Religious reasons: In certain cultures, a woman’s hymen is inspected to make sure she has not engaged in coitus in the past. Virginity is valued highly is such places and if the woman is not a virgin, she may have to face social or even legal ramifications.
- In case of rape or sexual assault victims: In some cases, a rape victim may undergo this surgery to empower herself and feel mentally peaceful.
- Hymen related injuries: Certain factors like heavy exercise or sexual intercourse can cause rupture of the hymen which may cause bleeding, infections or other complications. A woman may want to rectify this with the help of this surgery.
The entire surgical process lasts for about 45-60 minutes. The surgery is carried out in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The torn skin membranes are rejoined using dissolvable stitches so that scaring is minimal.
This procedure can be carried out in three ways
1. Joining the torn edges with stitches.
2. An artificial membrane is placed in the area whose function is to behave as an artificial hymen. This hymen however, does not have any blood supply, so a capsule that contains blood can be placed with it.
3. A flap is taken from the vaginal lining, which is used to create a functional hymen with proper blood supply.
4. You can return to your work in about 2-3 days after the surgery. However, the entire healing process takes around two months.
The procedure caries some risks that you should be aware of, they are -
1. Bleeding: Some bleeding is normal after the procedure, but any prolonged case of bleeding may indicate a complication.
2. Infection: Like all surgeries, you may have infections in the concerned area. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to deal with these infections.
3. Narrowing of the vaginal opening: In some cases, the vaginal opening can become narrow after the procedure. This however, can be resolved without the need for any treatment as it may become wider on its own over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi. I hv a 6 years old son. Bt before him I had 2 missed abortion. The fetus couldn't grow n I hv 2 abort it. Being my pregnancy there are twin pregnancy n one of them was nt grew bt other was normal. I hv received c-section delivery in 2010. After that I again conceived on 2014 bt the problem was remaining same as the fetus couldn't grw. N I hv to abort it. My all tests reports are normal. Nw I am trying to conceive. please tell me what should I do for normal pregnancy. I hv 28 days cycle of periods.
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.
Cooking is an art and we use various cooking procedures to make different recipes. But we have to consider the nutrients loss, nutrients denaturation while opting for cooking practices. I am sharing some tips on healthy cooking methods here.
1) Wash vegetables, fruits before cutting to avoid loss of vitamins and minerals.
2) Do not keep cut vegetables exposed to air for a longer time.
3) Avoid excessive heating of milk to retain protein quality.
3) Avoid reheating of oils and fats as it leads to formation of trans fatty acids and certain toxic substances.
5) Steaming vegetables is a healthier option than boiling.
6) Avoid using plastic containers to microwave foods instead use glass containers.
7) Avoid reheating in microwave.
8) Avoid leaching-discarding water after boiling vegetables/ sprouts.
Some healthy cooking methods are stir frying, steaming, broiling, grilling, baking.