Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shiv Prasad
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shiv PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hi, My 9 year old daughter has alopecia areata since 2015. She was taking tempted but had puffiness on her face so I switched over to homeopathy at Dr. Batra's. But no results. I feel the patch is widening and no new hair. Please help. I want to know how and where can I get a solution.
My girl baby is now 4 months old. She refuse to drink both breast and formula milk. Doc give some medicine for cold but that is not use. Still she do not drink milk properly. I also feed cerelac 3 times per day. Is this any reason for avoid milk. Some time her tummy is look empty but she refuse to drink milk. Please I am waiting for. Your valuable reply.
Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Down Syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy and associated disorders, Spina Bifida, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Arthrogyposis, Cardio-Pulmonary Disorders, Cystic Fibrosis, Cancer,and Traumatic Brain Injury. In addition, many children present with hypotonia and developmental coordination disorder without a formal diagnosis. Orthopedic conditions - scoliosis, back pain, sports injuries, fractures, and orthopedic surgeries.
What is the pediatric PT’srole?
Pediatric physical therapist evaluates and provides treatment for delays in motor skills by developing the strength and range of motion that children need to move easily and effectively. In addition to assessment of flexibility, strength, posture, gait, sensory processing, balance,coordination and skill.Long-term goal - Gross motor skill development solid to age with good quality to both sides of the body.
- Despite variations depending on the child, neuro motor development stages occur in a specific order in the first years of life.
- The order of a normal motor development for an infant is:
- At 3 months old baby should be able to:Raise the head while on the stomach
- Open and close the hands Bring the hand to the mouth Catch and shake objects at hand reach
- At 4 to 7 months -Baby learns to:Roll back on the belly on both sidesTo pull himself to sit down Keep sitting with the support of his hands forward
At 8 to 12 months she should be able to:Sit down still unaidedCrawlUse his hands when topples forward or sidewaysCrawlHold stand upMove from one position to anotherWalk aided by holding on to objects or when moving objectsOf course, depending on the child’s abilities, these learning stages may vary by a few months, but it is important to stimulate -and yet not over-stimulate the baby- with the help of games, educational hugs and massages to guide your child towards a proper development.
If your baby does not have any neurological disorder but you have doubts about her/him progress, our specialist will do a complete assessment and give you all the appropriate advices to monitor and guide your baby’s progression.
My son is having leg ache frm last 4 years and now a days he is suffering from headache. What should i do?
Since ancient times, our ancestors passed their best practices of holistic lifestyle to their next generations. Over a period of time they became a ritual that got integrated into their day to day life. These series of rituals are known as samskaras. They are connected with the major events of life such as pregnancy, childbirth, naming ceremony, education, marriage, etc. These samskaras enables us to live a complete fulfilling physical and spiritual life.
Swarna prashana is one of sixteen samskaras mentioned in ancient texts for paediatrics. It is an unique method to build long lasting health and intellect naturally without leaving any harmful side effects.
Swarna prashana is an unique method of giving swarna bhasma (gold ash) mixed with honey and ghee that is fortified with arka, an herbal extracts like vacha, brahmi, shankupushpi, etc. To children orally.
This process promotes overall growth in a natural way. Due to its broader benefits, it is not only useful for normal children, its much more beneficial for children with special needs such as autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorder, hyper activity, delayed milestones, etc.
Swarna prashana is one of sixteen samskaras mentioned in the ancient texts for pediatrics.
Benefits of swarna prashana is elaborated in “kashyapa samhita” that was written before 600 bc.
“Suwarnaprashanam hyetanmedagni balavardhanam ayushyam mangalam punyam vrushyam varnyam grahapaham”- ka. Su. 18/ 4-5
It means the following benefits can be achieved:
- Medha (intellect)
- Agni (digestive and metabolic power)
- Bala (strength)
- Aayush (gives long life)
- Mangalam (is auspicious)
- Punyam (virtuous)
- Vrushyam (aphrodisiac)
- Varnya (increases complexion)
- Grahapaham (eliminates the evil effects of planets)
- Vaidya vikas nagi is leading in swaran prashana
In my collage there was a test of thasemia. In that report I got result as trait. And I need information on this diseases.
What are hypothyroid symptoms in toddlers of age 2 years. My baby is over weight and is told to do thyroid profile and Bsl by our pediatrician. My baby is 20 kg and age is 2 years. So please tel what are chances dat my baby must be having des problems. I was diagnosed with sub clinical hypothyroidism during pregnancy and was also having gestational diabetes (well controlled). please suggest some help for my child so dat he will not gain more weight Thank you.
Fever in children is a very common phenomenon, but still parents absolutely dread it. It can completely break your heart to suddenly see a happy, healthy child not getting up from the bed. Your first instinct when that thermometer crosses that dreaded 100 degrees F is to rush to the doctor for an immediate cure. That is probably the best remedy as a doctor can often catch additional signs of any disease that you may miss out on. Beyond that, here is how you can understand about fever in children better and how you can help. Technically, your child has fever when the body temperature crosses 100.4 degrees F.
Some children manage to stay active even then, but slowly get bogged down with muscle pain or other accompanying symptoms like cold, diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Causes: Fever is normally caused by the body's reaction to fighting an infection. (That is why most doctors say it's a sign of a robust immune system). When the body's natural defense system is stimulated, the core inner temperature rises, thereby making it harder for the bacteria and viruses that caused the infection to survive. Most fever subside on their own but that's a tough thing to accept as a parent who only wants to see their child up and running as soon as possible.
- What you can do: Keep an eye on that temperature obviously. You need to find a doctor the moment the fever crosses the threshold temperature (101+ for less than three months olds, 102+ for 3-6 month olds and over 102 for older children). You should also see a doctor if there are accompanying symptoms or if you've given a dose of Paracetamol but the fever shows no sign of subsiding. It might happen at midnight and beyond, when no regular pediatrician is unavailable. So it is best to find out which hospital has an emergency center capable of handling such eventualities near your home.
- Fever medications: It is super important for parents to know that fever medications must be given in the correct dose at the right times based on a child's weight, age, and overall health. An overdose can lead you straight to the emergency room. Don't mix a cold/cough medication that also has a fever medication in it.
- Home remedies: Encourage your child to drink as much fluids as possible to prevent dehydration. Some doctors advise complete body sponging to bring down the temperature and this can be done as long as it doesn't cool the body too suddenly (there are contradictory notes on this practice, so do consult you doctor before your do this).
As parent, it is important you equip yourself with the right knowledge before you provide treatment to your child.