Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
I have burning in my private area it hurts when I wash . It started one year back since I used a hair removing cream I am 50 female
Let's first get to know what are menstrual cramps?
Menstrual cramps, also known as dysmenorrhea or period pains are throbbing or cramping pains in the lower abdomen.Many women experience menstrual cramps just before and during their menstrual periods.
Who gets menstrual cramps?
About half of women experience menstrual cramps and about 15% describe the pain as severe. It has been shown that women who do not exercise experience more painful menstrual cramps. Certain psychological factors such as emotional stress may also increase the likelihood of having uncomfortable menstrual cramps. Additional risk factors for these cramps include:
- Being younger than 20 years of age
- Starting puberty at age 11 or younger
- Menorrhagia - heavy bleeding during periods
- Never given birth
Symptoms of menstrual cramps include:
- Pain in the lower back and thighs
- Loose stools
- Bloating in the belly area
- Lightheadedness or feeling faint.
How can you 'AVOID' menstrual cramps?
- Eating fruits and vegetables and limiting intake of fat, alcohol, caffeine, salt and sweets
- Exercising regularly
- Reducing stress
- Quitting smoking
- Yoga or relaxation therapy
- Acupuncture or acupressure.
- Apply heat to lower abdominal part.
- Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D.
- Dietary supplements.
10 Ways to treat period cramps:
1. Improve Your Diet to Alleviate Period Cramps
2. Pop a Safe Painkiller
3. Turn to Tea to Calm Menstrual Cramps
4. Try Fish Oil and Vitamin B1
5. Needle Away Period Cramps
6. Massage With Essential Oils for Pain Relief
7. Curl Up With a Heating Pad to Ease Period Cramps
8. Boost Endorphins Your Way
9. Up the Magnesium in Your Diet
10. Lean on Your Contraceptive
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
What does high levels of esr and lymphocytes in blood indicate. Do they increase or decrease during menstrual cycle.
My girl have an pregnancy test nd its is negative but still his periods has not occur almost 7 days late so can uh help me.
I am 25 yr old female I usually had some red discretion between 15 to 17 day of my 28 day cycle is it normal it happens for few minutes.
I am 52 years old and I have got surgery regarding removing our uterus at 35 old. Some times I have been discharging like 1 or 2 drops blood lightly when I feel stressed or taking spicy food but I don't have any pain or burning. My weight is 50 and I have high BP. Now I want to know any risk due to this.
My wife had her mensuration cycle over in wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n I again accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperm was out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of first sex ). Its been monday today n nothing has happened yet. Is there any possibility of her getting pregnant so doctor what to do right now I am really very tensed regarding her pregnancy. And can you suggest the name of any abortion medicine?
I am 22 years old and I am suffering with pcos and now I am using dronis 30 and I did sex on 8th day of my period is there chance to get pregnant?
I a m 23 year old girl and I had 13 weeks of pregnancy and I do not want child now I m very stress I want to go an legal abortion please guide me I already took mifepristone 200 mg but nothing happened please tell me is any medicine still work for 15 weeks almost or surgical abortion please guide me how to go legal abortion.
I am 20 years old. I missed my periods for 2 months. I took doxycycline 100 mg tablets (6 tabs) for eye stye. Period never came after that. Is it a side effect of that medicine or something very critical? please help me I am very tensed.
I have swelling and pain in mah right breast when I concern to mah nearby doctor she told me that the disease name is costochondritis so will you pls tell me whether it is a serious issue or not whether there is a problem or tumor or not and if I want to make tests which test I should do.
Whenever I eat I feel like throw out while engulfing morsels. Many times I succeed to control but sometimes it vomits out suddenly if I take 2-3 morsels in one go. Also my stomach get full in one and very first bite. My stomach push upwards every time after having meal. Thats why I do not like eating food. If I do not eat I feel hungry but if I eat I feel like done in very frst bite but at that time I think no, I am feeling hungry so I should eat more so I eat forcefully to full my stomach but it tends to throw out. What should I do? please help me. I am suffering alot.
5 Detox drinks for this wedding season
Weddings are that time of the year when you don’t have control over what you eat. It’s very easy to overindulge, the effects of which may be visible on your skin, weight, and hair. Going on a detoxification drive is what you can do to counter these effects.
One integral aspect of a detox drive is what you drink. Certain drinks can help you in rejuvenating from within, while increasing your energy level. Here are some amazing detox drink recipes that you could make in a jiffy to overcome the toll the wedding season takes on your health.
1. Spice detox drink
Spices contain anti-oxidants that help to cleanse the body and counteract the damaging effects that fatty, sugary and salty foods can have on your body. Drinking hot water into which spices have been added is one of the best ways to improve your health. To make this spice infused detox drink you require
Water – 1.8l
Whole cumin – ¼ teaspoon
Whole coriander – ¼ teaspoon
Whole fennel – ½ teaspoon
Seeds of cardamom pods – 5
Add the spices into boiling water and let it steep for 10 minutes. Strain and store in a thermos to drink throughout the day.
2. Lime and lemon detox smoothie
Detox drink containing citrus fruits is another sure-shot way of eliminating toxins from your body. The cleansing properties of limes and lemons make these water-rich fruits your best bet for detoxifying your body. Additionally, their fibre content not only ensures your system is thoroughly cleaned but also improves the function of your colon (the part of the digestive system that is responsible for processing waste products from your body).
For making this lemon-lime smoothie, you need the following ingredients:
Peeled and deseeded, medium sized lemon – ½
Peeled and deseeded, medium sized lime – ½
Peeled, medium sized bananas – 2
Orange – 1
Spinach (optional) – 1-2 cups
Start by squeezing the juice from one big orange and keep it aside. In a blender, add the orange juice followed by ½ lemon and lime, and bananas. The last and also optional ingredient that you can add in this drink is spinach. Blend the contents for about 30 seconds until you get a creamy mixture.
3. Root vegetables detox drink
To improve your body’s digestive system, it is good to have root vegetables that are high in fibre. During the wedding season or after it, the need to have fibre becomes more important as your digestive system becomes sluggish, with constipation being an issue that you may have to deal with later on. These root vegetables will help to keep waste products moving through your digestive tract.
The root vegetables drink involve the use of these ingredients:
Fresh ginger (peeled and chopped) – 2 tablespoons
Chopped medium sized beet – 1
Sliced medium sized carrots – 4
Cored and cubed medium sized apple – 1
A cup of water
Blend all of the root vegetables in one cup of water until you get a smooth texture. Strain the juice and store in the fridge for use of up to 2 days.
Filled with nutrients like vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and so on, these detox drinks are highly effective at eliminating toxins from your body, while helping in improving your overall well-being.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My wife is pregnant of two months she is with morning sickness, vomiting, pain abdomen, do not feel eating food.
I want to delay my periods as I am going for trip. Last month month I had my periods on 1 june. It comes 2 or 3 days early next month so I am supposed to have my periods on 29. I want to delay them for 5 days. Please suggest me medicine which I can take. My periods late for 5 days only and I have normal regular periods. Please advise.
Breast feeding should be started within the first 30-60 minutes of birth.
The thick yellow initial secretion (Colostrum) should not be discarded as it is rich proteins, vitamin A, prevents the development of allergies, and contains antibodies that protect the baby from infections.
The newborn should not be given honey, water or any other fluid other than the breast milkBaby should be breast fed on demand every 2-3 hours devoting 10-15 minutes to each breast.
Baby should be properly latched to the breast. Part of the areolar (the black area behind the nipple) should be in his mouth.The baby should be exclusively breast feed for at least 6 months.
Breast feeding helps in better mental development of the babyIt reduces risk of ear infections, chest infections, diabetes and skin rashesIt helps in strong bonding between mother and childIt leads to lesser pain and bleeding after delivery.
It helps the mother in losing weight fast.Breast feeding protects the mother against breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
It’s Breast Feeding week, so share these facts with your friends and family.
How can you eat healthy? This is a question that plagues many of us. The quest for a youthful looking body that is also slim and well-toned is something that we all strive for. On the other side of the spectrum, we also have people who are concerned about too much of weight loss, fatigue and general weakness. So what all can you do to ensure that you indulge in healthy eating for a healthy body and mind? Try these nine tips.
- Eating the Right Carbohydrates: Choose the right carbs that will help you pile up on energy with the right kind of food. Sugar and flour can cause an overload of carbs in your digestive system, while oats, cereals and complex carbs like whole grains are high in fibre.
- Lean Protein: Avoid red meat and make a beeline for fish and other lean protein that will give you omega three fatty acids in the process as well. This includes fish and chicken.
- Good Fats: There are four major types of dietary fat found in food from plants and animals - Good Fats(monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats including omega-3s), Bad Fats(trans fats), and Saturated Fats. Good fats can improve blood cholesterol levels, lower your risk of heart disease, and benefit insulin levels and blood sugar. Omega-3 fats are particularly beneficial for your brain and mood. The best sources are fish, nuts, and seeds.
- Superfoods: Berries and all their variants have come to be known as super foods. These are rich in anti-oxidants which can encourage better brain health. This includes blueberries, cranberries and even salmon and seaweed, used in Oriental cooking.
- Salt Intake: Limit your salt intake but do not cut it out entirely. Ensure that you take NO MORE THAN A TEASPOON OF SALT A DAY. Try to avoid packaged food as it is high in salt content.
- Water: Stock up on water so that you get plenty of hydration and avoid needless snacking. Avoid sugary drinks and too much of caffeine.
- Count the calories you need: Do not simply needlessly cut down on calories, but rather calculate the number of calories you need to function on a normal basis. Then, build a diet chart around this and avoid empty calories like excessive sugary food.
- Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day which also fuels you into action and can potentially stop you from snacking and overeating.
- Slow: Eat slowly and have small and frequently meals for healthy eating.
Try these healthy eating tips to change your mind set towards food and nutrition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.