Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old n I had sex with my boyfriend n I have pcod n taking tablet benforce m. Can I get pregnant?
Healthy people follow certain daily habits to stay fit and in shape. If adopted by common people, they also stand a chance to gain good health by following these habits.
Here are a few habits for good health:
Alter your diet: 70% of your health depends upon your diet and calorie intake daily. Add more protein and reduce the number of simple carbohydrates in your diet. Make sure the food you eat is fresh and wholesome to keep you satiated for a long period. Making small changes in your food intake such as cutting out fried and preserved foods entirely will help you lead a healthier life.
Never skip breakfast: Several studies have shown that people who eat breakfast daily are healthier than people who skip breakfast entirely. Make breakfast your heaviest meal in the day and add protein in the form of eggs and grilled chicken if you can. Eating breakfast keeps you energised for the rest of the day and helps your body convert the nutrients into energy.
Make exercise a part of your daily routine: Exercising daily will help you keep your body in shape and fit. If going to the gym isn’t your thing, you can opt to play a sport for an hour or go for brisk walk. Any kind of physical stimulation will help you build those muscles before you actually start shedding them. It is never too late to start working on your body, if you are determined to be regular.
Get 6-8 hours of sleep: Most adults face sleep deprivation which leads to reduced energy and willingness to work during the day. Getting a good night’s sleep is necessary as it lets your body and brain rest and provides you with the required energy for the next morning. Also, while you are asleep, the fat hormone around your belly slowly dissolves resulting in weight loss.
Practice good oral hygiene: Poor oral hygiene will lead to foul mouth odour and problems in your gums and teeth. However, you don’t need to worry about filling cavities if you follow the thumb rule of brushing twice daily. Also, don’t forget to floss when you brush because food particles might often be stuck between the teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor yadi hum apne mensuration k fifth day and other day without protection sex karte hai to hum pregent nahi hote kya. Ovaluation time k pahale yadi sex karte hai to kya pregency ka koi chance nahi kya.
I smoke a lot. Recently I have been on anti biotic and pain killers too because I met with an accident. I had sex last on 8th April after a period of 8-9 months. My last period came around 18th March and now I've missed my period. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both came negative. What should I do? Please suggest.
My mother is 49 year old. She is a working woman and she feels weakness and tiring most of the time. Is this because of any deficiency of calcium or anything? What should we give her? Any calcium tablet or anything you suggest?
Bleeding comes. For two days. Not that much. Bleeding as compared to menstrual. Cycle. What would I do. Is this a infection Or something else.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!