Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full-term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments. In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
I'm suffering from irregular menstrual cycle please give me reason behind it and also suggest some solution.
1. Intercourse ke kitni Dar bad female urine pass out ker skti he? Wanted pregnancy wali female. .jo conciev krna chahti he. 2. At that time suddenly urin pass out krna se pregnancy chances kam hojate he kya?
Doctor here is bleeding and pain at lover to my wife after 10 day of sex . She take unwanted 72 after sex . Please suggest .
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Actually there is a girl of 13 years age in our neighborhood .her periods occur after 2 months .is this serious. To be worried.
Hi I have to ask a question about the Problems in My Pregnancy My Height is 5 ft 4 inch with exact weight of 53.5 kg as of 26 Jul 2015, in the 9th Week. Major Problems: Bitter Mouth (I'm unable to Eat and I'm on Liquids only) Excessive omitting - (Usually appears after 10 mins of eating) Is it Hyper-TSH See Below? Weight Loss HyperThyrodism is tested Positive and" PTU" is been prescribed. Minor Issues I'm not Thalsemnic. Means I am not prone to Thalsemnia.(As told by my Gyaneck) Sonography is Ok & Normal report dated 16 Jul 2015 LMP: 23 May 2015 & EDD: 27 Feb 2015 TSH Values: For" Free T3 = 3.61 pg/ml" &" Free T4 = 2.11 ng/dl" (Report dated: 22-07-2015) Medications Prescribed: Since 23 June 2015 Injections Taken Antacid: REGLAN IV, EMESET, RANTEC at Different Intervals Syrups Antacid: Digene Syrup Tablets & Vitamins Vitamins: FOURTE, SysFol (Folic Acid) Anti-Vomit: ONDEM MD 4 Kindly Assist me Please
I am 21 years old and I had sex with my boyfriend without any protection on 27th October night (after 12 clock -28th. But on next two days (28th and 29th) we used protection. I was not on periods when I had unprotected sex. I have taken the i-pill 2 hours before completing 72 hours (on 30th) Will it stop me from getting pregnant. Otherwise what should I do to stop me from getting pregnant? Please help me out.
I am 27 year old female and have a baby 3 year old. My periods were regularized but nowadays they are not. I am feeling more sleepy and gaining weight. Please help me get my periods regularized. Before pregnancy I was 60 kg weight but now I am 85 kg,
I had sex on 12 April without protection n had my last period on 30 March after sex within 72 hours had medicine bt in night n had papaya n past 3 weeks having coffee for heat as getting to different sounds n without drinking water have to go every time washroom. I have one baby n not looking for one now so need a suggestion how to avoid pregnancy which medicine bcoz I don't want now to be pregnant.
Today morning she had a pregnancy test with prega news pregnancy test kit. It came negative. Today again she felt nausea and weak. We r still very worried. If we wait till 10 January. And that time if we test again and got positive. Then will not be too late to avoid the pregnancy by then. After 14 days of sex is their any abortion process? Then what? Mam Please tell me in details. It will help us. We both r very very worried.
Will I Get Pregnant By Any Chance? My boyfriend and I were trying to have sex on 25th December, 2016 but we didn't. He had put on a condom. He was rubbing his penis on my clit and then after a while I took his penis and started to rub his penis on my clit and suddenly his condom came out. And was on my hand. I honestly do not remember whether his penis had touched my clit or not without the condom. But if it had by any chance. He says that he did not ejaculate at that time. My vagina was wet as I had ejaculated but he had not. He said that I don't need to worry as he did not ejaculate and that I won't get pregnant. But I'm just a little scared. He had once ejaculated once in the very beginning but then he went to the bathroom and had washed and cleaned his penis with water. I am almost 5-6 days away from my periods. I'm worried and don't know what should I do. Please help me out. And provide me with correct information. I'm really tensed. Please help me.
Brown sugar or White sugar?
Brown bread or White bread?
Everyone is health conscious today and most of us now believe that #brown is always the most healthiest option. But is that really true?
No doubt brown rice has more fiber and is commonly used by weight conscious people. That's true but white rice is also nice. Moderate intake of white rice also acts as fat burner. White rice has Inositol, which has fat burning, anti-anxiety and irritability reducing property. So enjoy a mix of both.
Brown sugar and white sugar both have almost same calorie content 17kcal. But most of us tend to think that white sugar is refined so its not good for health. Sugar is not a killer itself. The way we use sugar makes it harmful. Intake of overloaded sugar in biscuits, pastries, cakes, sweets and dairy affects our health. Using white sugar in moderate amount in home made food is acceptable.
Both brown and white bread are source of energy. Best option for us is to eat chapati or rice that is cooked at home and fresh rather than choosing breads whose shelf life is only few hours.
My Girl friend had taken unwanted 72 first time and she is 20 years old is there any side effects of this tablet ?
•Prepare a paste with amla powder (dry amla pieces and make powder) and a teaspoon of honey and lick it twice daily, it is an effective home remedy for cough.
•To get relief from dry cough use chutney of green or dry amla ground with green coriander leaves.
•To reduce the body temperature during summer, mix amla juice with water and also reduces temperature during fever.
•To prepare Amla juice take 3 teaspoons of dry amla fruits wash them thoroughly and soak in water over night. Mash and squeeze the soaked amla in the next morning, filter the juice and preserve in the refrigerator.
•Use pure coconut oil boiled with amla fruits for regular application on hair. Apply this oil at night and massage scalp. Wash it off next day morning.
•Make powder with dry fruits of amla, add rock salt for taste. Consume this mixture with hot cooked rice with a teaspoon of ghee. This reduces indigestion and acidity.
•Take 1 teaspoon of amla powder with 1 cup of hot water and drink it first in the morning, it is the best hair care treatment.
•A mixture of amla fruit juice with sugar is prescribed as a remedy for burning in the vagina.
•To reduce oily in the hair, mix 3 teaspoons of amla water with 3 teaspoons of lemon juice and wash the hair with it.
•Take 4 spoons of amla juice with equal quantity of water in empty stomach in the morning and in the evening to control hyperacidity and mental health.
•Juice of the amla bark combined with honey and turmeric is a remedy for gonorrhea.
•Amla can reduce blood sugar level and helpful in diabetes, for this add 3 spoons of amla water to a glass of regular water and consume regularly 4 times to 5 times a day.
•Take amla juice twice a day it helps in relieving asthma and bronchitis complications.
•Amla increases creation of red blood cell thus improves strength of teeth and nails.
•Amla is popular in prevention and treatment of respiratory disorders and also improves brain functioning.
•Amla contains polyphenol and tannins which reduces oxidative stress in diabetic patient.
•In case of nose bleeding, put 2 drops of amla juice in the nose and apply paste of ground amla on the head. If fresh amla is not available soak dry amla in water for sometime then grind this and apply on the head. This relieves from nose bleeding.
•To get rid from bedwetting problem, mix 1 gram amla, 1 gram caraway seeds and 2 grams candy sugar and take this with cold water.
•Take 30ml of fresh amla juice once in a day for 5 days regularly to kill intestinal worms.
•To improve vision take 250ml of water, soak 6 grams of amla powder at night. Strain this water in the morning and wash the eyes with this water. It relieves all diseased conditions of the eyes.