Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
Pcos: is a state where you find an elevated levels of androgens (male sex hormones) in women. It results in enlarged ovaries with smaller cysts or a bigger one. The pcos is characterised by irregular periods, heavy periods, acne, difficult in pregnancy. The condition usually is accompanied with other disorders like heart disease, obesity, diabetes and stress.
The diagnosis of pcos is done when there is no ovulation, high androgen levels, ovarian cysts.
The diet that is to be followed includes a weight loss diet and low gi diet.
Take more green leafy vegetables.
Its better to take fruits as such instead of fruit juices
Use olive oil for cooking and take healthy fats like nuts, salmon.
Since its low gi diet, its good to consume legumes, dhals, pulses.
When you are to take egg. Consume egg white alone.
Practice yoga n meditation to get free from stress.
Regular walking of about 20 mins ensures weight control and also aids in the control of pcos.
Hello Doctor, my wife who was 22 days pregnant bt day before yesterday morning she had a miscarriage, Now she is facing all this problem. Heavy bleeding, thick blood clots, unbearable pain in lower abdomen, weakness,numbness in legs nd nausea. How long will she bleed. Can you please recommend any medicine to reduce pain and that will quickly flush out remaining clots. What should I do, please help doctor.
Am anargha my last menses date is jan 4th and now I want to know how much month. Am now conceiving baby. And how many week it is.
My friend want to conceive. Her husband will come in may 28. She is 44 years old. Is there any chance for her to conceive. She already have grown kid 17 years old with normal pregnancy and normal delivery. She want a child now. How she do it. She got regular period. Before her periods are 4 days but now lesser and lessen to 3 days but still regular.
- Drink lemon water every morning after you wake up. This will have an alkalizing effect on the body and keep the body hydrated and mineralized. Stay hydrated throughout the day,
- Must include vitamin D3 in your diet. Especially if you live is a colder climate where sunlight is reduced during the winter season.
- Increase consumption of leafy greens to ensure enough B vitamins, fiber and mineral supply in the body. You will get a lot of calcium, magnesium, iron, B vitamins and other minerals through leafy greens. Swiss chard, collard greens, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, spinach contains these minerals.
- Eat fatty fish, fish or flax oil every day to get relief from hormonal imbalances.
- My most favourite remedy to get relief from cramps is an Ayurvedic home remedy using cinnamon and ginger to make a tea. Just use quarter tsp. of ground cinnamon and a pinch of ground ginger or a couple of thin slices of half an inch of fresh ginger to a cup of hot water. Wait and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain and drink the tea.
- Vitex or chaste berry is a herb that eases menstrual cramps,
- Evening primrose oil or borage oil are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids and are known to reduce breast pain and tenderness as well as PMS symptoms.
- Dietary intake of calcium and magnesium is crucial for balancing the hormones.
- Using heating pads or hot water bags around the area relaxes the stiff muscles and reduces pain by bringing oxygen in the area.
- One of the most important things to address is relaxation through 7-8 hours of sound sleep and stress reduction. Meditation and breathing exercises (pranayama) also assist in reducing stress.
- If you eat a lot of nuts, seeds and grains then increase aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercises release endorphin hormones or 'feel good' hormones in the body. The presence of this hormone works like a natural pain killer.
- Apply natural progesterone cream or wild yam cream. Apply this cream on the stomach, lower abdominal area, buttocks, things, breasts and upper arm area. Best time to apply this cream is a week before the start of your period.
I have regular periods but has less periods as compared to my normal quantity. I have very hard stress on mind and I continuously think day and night about it. Would this stress effects my periods?
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.