Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shasi Kumar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shasi KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I finding wrinkles on lower eye lid and on the back of hand. I am having chapathi at night. I am not using diabetes medicines for 2-3 months. All reports r normal. Hba1c also. What could be the reason for wrinkles.
How can pigmentation be cured completely? I HV been using pigmentation creams like biluma n golite over 5 months but still not got rid of my pigmentation. I started it whn pigmentation just started on the first stage.
Originally of fair skinned in nature. I'm having a very bad dark skin tone now. And a bit of tan on the arms, I want to not only get my color back but also make it 100× more fair and bright. Please Help.
Rosacea is a skin condition defined by redness and small, pus-filled red bumps all over the face. The main symptoms of rosacea include
- red bumps that are swollen and filled with pus (these are often confused with acne problem)
- visible blood vessels
- flushed skin (redness)
- thickened skin
Rosacea cannot be cured completely. Its symptoms come and go and is commonly treated with anti-acne medicines or antibiotics. Homeopathy can be a good alternative choice to treat rosacea. Rosacea has multiple symptoms and not all of them show up in a single person. Some may have redness but no visible blood vessels, some may have flushed skin, and so on.
Depending on symptoms, you can adopt the following remedies:
- Flushed complexion: If your skin becomes red and itchy after exposure to cold air, then Agaricus muscarius is prescribed. But if the skin is hot and shiny, then Belladonna is employed.
- Flushed complexion with acne like bumps: One form of rosacea is Acne Rosacea. In this form, pus filled acne like bumps appear on your nose, forehead and below the eyes. If the bumps do not have pus, then Psorinum is given. If pus is present, then Silicea is the best solution. But if the area of the skin in general has hardened and is painful, then Eugenia Jambos is employed.
- Visible blood vessels: If your skin looks blue and the capillaries are visible, your skin has a marbled effect with cold sweat (learn more about sweating). Carbo vegetabilis is the most effective medicine in this case. However, if your skin is hot, not cold, then Lachesis mutus is prescribed.
- Development of thick skin: If you leave your rosacea untreated for too long, then the area that were injured will start forming connective tissues over your skin. This leads to skin getting thicker. Hydrocotyle asiatica or Sarsaparilla officinalis is helpful in this case.
- If your eyes get affected by rosacea: If your eyes are hot, watery and itchy, you might have Ocular Rosacea. Euphrasia officinalis, Bovista lycoperdon (if makeup exacerbates your symptoms) and Cantharis vesicatoria (if you were out in the sun for too long) will be prescribed by the homeopath.
Hi sir / mam I am with 18yrs I have an oily face. My face colour is light dark. please suggest some capsules for glowing fairer skin without side effects & also creams with 100% results.
I am 24 years old and 2 years back hot liquid droplets fell on my arms and because of that scars are still there. Plese suggest something for the scars.
Which sunscreen is best for skin (face & body)? Which are best skin care products? And what should I do to increase my haemoglobin count?
I have black circles around My eyes and also having problem in sex life may be because of weakness . Suffering from high bp and using aten 50 from last 2 years . My age is 36 weight 82 kg and 174 cm height . Sugar level is normal . Please suggest any ayurvedic medicine .
Similar to blackheads are whiteheads, which develop on our skin. Both blackheads and whiteheads are caused due to clogged pores. However, as opposed to blackheads, whiteheads cannot be extracted by squeezing. Whiteheads are a form of acne that is referred to as closed comedo. They appear on the skin as small round white or light-coloured bumps. When excess oil is secreted in the skin, dead skin cells clog the pore area and block the pore opening, whiteheads are formed. Unlike blackheads that keep the pore open, whiteheads, on the other hand, block the pores.
Causes of whiteheads
Clogged pores are the prime reason that causes whiteheads, and they can occur due to any of the following reasons:
- Excessive oil secretion or sebum
- Hormonal changes occurring due to puberty, pregnancy, and menstruation
- Birth control pills
- Sweating and humidity
- Use of certain cosmetics or products that are harmful
- Eating excessive oily or greasy foods
- Genetic predisposition
Treatment of whiteheads
Over-the-counter (OTC) creams or prescribed medications by a dermatologist are the ideal treatments for whiteheads. Self-care and some preventive measures will also keep them at bay. OTC creams that contain salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol or sulphur may be helpful. With extreme conditions, oral medications like isotretinoin, or Accutane may be prescribed, but these come with potential side effects.
Practising some of the following preventive self-care measures will prevent formation of whiteheads:
- Don’t squeeze pimples.
- Practice caution while shaving.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Use oil-free skin products.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Opt for non-comedogenic or non-pore-clogging products.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing made of non-synthetic fabrics to let your skin breathe.
- Wash your hair regularly.
- Use fragrance-free water-based emollient for dry skin.
- Continue your skincare regimen.
Here are some remedies you can try to get rid of whiteheads:
- Baking soda scrub: Make a homemade scrub mixing one tsp. of baking soda with enough water to make a paste. Scrub it into the problem area. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Baking soda is a natural exfoliant and astringent that eradicates all impurities, which clog the pores. It also balances the oil production in the skin.
- Tea tree oil: Dab a cotton swab with tea tree oil and apply it on the whiteheads to prevent bacterial infection.
The above are just some measures to avoid whiteheads. If the problem persists, then it's time to seek medical assistance and schedule an appointment with a dermatologist to eradicate these pesky whiteheads.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!