Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ShashidharYour feedback matters!
I have pain and irritation after urination I was consult many doctors they said no problem prescribed some medicine but there is no use for using medicine I am still facing this issue.
Nephrotic Syndrome is a condition which is characterised by the loss of protein into the urine (called proteinuria) as a result of increased glomerular permeability and oedema. This results in low protein level in the blood. The low levels of protein in blood result in the drawing of fluids into soft tissues. A severe form ‘hypoalbuminemia’ can cause scores of secondary diseases such as ascites (retention of fluid in the abdominal cavity), pleural effusion (build-up of fluids between the lungs and the chest), or high cholesterol. It can also result in retention of fluid in other parts of the body such as eyelids, lower extremities etc.
What can cause this?
Nephrotic syndrome is mainly caused by damage to the kidneys. This leads to an increase in the concentration of protein in the urine. In adults, it can be caused due to glomerulonephritis or damage to the glomerulus of the kidneys while in children it is likely caused by minimal change disease (kidney disease marked by the abnormal loss of protein through the urine).
The other common causes of nephritic syndromes are:
- Genetic disorder
- Immune disorder
- Use of specific drugs
- Certain diseases such as diabetes mellitus, lupus
- The incidence of this disease is seen more often in males than in females.
Diet that is recommended in Nephrotic Syndrome:
In patients diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome, the intake of salt, fat and protein must be checked. There should be emphasis on the consumption of dietary fibres that are present in vegetables and fruits.
The intake of protein and fluid should also be monitored, but this solely depends on personal factors such as age, weight and condition of the patient. It is recommended to consult a renal dietician who can guide you appropriately.
- Sodium/salt intake: The sodium or salt intake must be restricted as it leads to high blood pressure and results in fluid retention in the body, thus causing oedema (build-up of fluids within the body cavities and tissues) in the body. Avoid processed food as it contains a lot of salt.
- Protein intake: Protein is an essential part of the diet as it helps in the general makeup of the body and development of muscles. The consumption of protein must be kept under check and it is the best to consult your dietician for this. Loss of protein in urine needs to be replaced by class 1 high quality proteins in nephrotic syndrome.
- Limit fat and cholesterol intake: It is always good to curb on bad cholesterol as it is the reason behind several heart diseases. But, with patients diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, it is highly recommended to avoid food rich in fats. This means staying away from unhealthy fatty meat or junk food.
- Fluid intake: Fluid intake does not have to be necessarily reduced, but it is always good to consult your doctor for the same.
“You are what you eat”. Nephrotic syndrome can slowly progress to chronic kidney disease if the necessary steps are not taken to curb it in an early stage, and diet control is a major way to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
Respected ma'am, On account of you tell me to contact you for my problem, I'm writing this letter. I had done the urine culture long back and had some PUS cells detected in it. My doctor treated me that time but the problem reoccurred again after having an intercourse. I'm really searching for a medicine to prevent this but have found none. A doctor advised me to take niftran tablet after having intercourse but I'm not sure whether its safe for me or not. Please help me. Yours sincerely, Mrunmayi Joshi Age: 18 female.
Is it safe to eat papaya regularly because I read in some news paper that eating regularly papaya cause harmful effect on body and causes different serious problems like kidney stone etc. Pls help me out and if causes any problem then pls suggest me alternative of it because I consume it for constipation. Thanks.
I am a 23 years old male and have a metal fatigue disease from last 2 years. Like as linkage from urine, bad dream, so that wear of my body. Now I want to grow my body.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I have a problem whenever I am drinking water within 15 mins I need to go to pee. I am having 50 gm protein and 8 Gm bcaa with gym. I drink 2.5 liter of water. I have sitting job in AC.
Hello sir/mam my name is aman sir mera night fall bahut hota he or urine me v jalan hoti he or urine se v dhaat jati he or body me bilkul lazy type feel hota he hath pairo me drd hota he or sex ke time mera sperm jldi release hojata he. Sex me apne partner ko khus nhi kr paa rha hu.
Hi doctor, I have 6 mm 1 stone in my right kidney. I got to know this 18 months back, I am not using any tablets except drinking water up to 3-4 liters/day. What are the tests required to do for this stone's problem and does it require any medication for my situation? And I heard that if we have stone in 1 kidney will also get in other kidney, is it true? please let me know and suggest me for any advices. Thanks in advance.
I am having testicles pain from 2 months ,now I am having pain in bladder and abdomen also and burning sensation in urine, I got my sonography and urine test for the same a month ago ,everything was normal, my partner also suffered from uti kind of thing in the period, as I have studied in internet these symptoms could be of chlamydia please suggest how my problem can be detected and cured.
I am continuing getting report for urine infection. Push, blood and uric acid. I have taking treatment from a doctor and getting no benefit. One more problem is in my right leg I feel some kind of etching like some thing wrong is floating in vain. What should i do?
Is irregular urination a symptom of kidney problems? What tests should I go for? I am having frequent urination these days? Can this cure by any medicines?
Did you know barley water is good for kidney stones?
Barley (jau), a member of grass family, is a cereal that has been cultivated for over 13, 000 years. Packed with carbohydrates (78%), fat (1%), protein (10%) and water (10%), barley is a rich source of essential nutrients, dietary fiber, vitamins such as niacin, manganese, phosphorus and vitamin B6.
With several health benefits to its name, barley water is termed as the elixir to good health. It has been found to be beneficial in reducing chances of heart disease, soothing bowels, reducing blood cholesterol levels, improving blood sugar regulation in the body and acts as nutritive broth for fever, cold and cough. Additionally, studies support that barley water has also been found to play an integral role in maintaining renal health.
What is a renal stone?
A renal stone is a solid stony piece consisting of crystal forming substances in the urinary tract. They are usually formed when the urine is abundant in substances such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid and lack substances that inhibit their accumulation. While small kidney stones can pass through the urinary system without any symptoms, a stone larger than 5 mm can result in blockages in the urinary tract causing severe pain in the back and lower abdomen.
What causes renal stones?
- A family history for stones, lack of adequate water in the body, high BMI, excessive intake of diets rich in protein, sodium and sugar have been found to be some of the common causes for stone formation.
Try protein foods &amp; supplements
- Medical conditions such as hyperthyroidism, inflammatory bowel syndrome and renal tubular acidosis have also been found to alter the digestion of calcium.
How does barley water aid the dissolution of renal stones?
Studies show that regular use of barley water can dissolve and eliminate existing kidney stones and prevent the occurrence of stones and other kidney problems. Use of diuretics either natural or synthetic can help speed up the expulsion of the stone.
Diuretic in nature, barley water helps to flush toxins from the kidneys by creating bladder pressure and increasing the frequency of urination.
- It helps maintain the PH levels in the body, making it alkaline, preventing various urinary tract issues, including kidney stones.
- The vitamin B6 and magnesium in barley helps break down the masses of toxic calcium oxalate (primary cause for stones) in the kidney.
Dietary fiber in barley reduces the amount of calcium that is excreted by the body through urine, restoring renal health and cleansing the kidneys.
Ways to prepare barley water:
- Boil 1 litre of water with a tablespoon of barley pearls and boil on a low flame for about 30 minutes or until the water has reduced to half.
- Strain and cool this mix and drink it through the day.
- Add lemon juice or honey to make the mix tasty
Regular use of barley water ensures that the renal system is hydrated, healthy and free of depositions such as renal stones. So, go ahead and add this elixir to your diet to ensure a healthy renal system and a healthier you. Eat healthy, stay healthy!