Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashidar Reddy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashidar ReddyYour feedback matters!
Sir,my 2 years old daughter start crying at midnight daily we don't know the reason for that ,please give some treatment for this problem ?
I have 33 week old, Girl child. Her weight is 8 kg. Today she was given a OPV -2 vaccine at the age of 32 week which actually should be given after 36 week, i. E. 4 weeks earlier. Now, from the very next day she is suffering from fever. Earlier it was a mild fever but now the fever is around 101. I am Scared please guide me.
My baby age is2'6yr. And my baby geographical tunge prb is very pain ful. Do not recover to any medicine.
My daughter is 6 months old and she has problem of nose block from so many days. We are giving her saline nasal drops 6-7 times a day. Are Saline nasal drops are safe? And how to do permanent cure of this problem?
Hello doctor, mera 4 months ka baby hai. Kya main Ashwganda le skti hu? Kya breastfeed se koi harm to nhi hoga? Kyuki Kaafi log mana kar rahe hain?
I have two month baby but m not able to feed my baby completely as due to lack of milk. Please suggest how can I increase the milk?
Hello Sir/mam from the childhood it was my habit During sleep I done urine on the bed. So sir /mam please give me some advise.
Hi Mam, I have a 4 year old son which was born delayed, and admitted 13 days in hospital due to blood clot in the back side of skull. Now he is looking normal but some time he has become more hi-per and throwing the things which is he has in his hand. Also he still not speaking properly. Is there any problem? Or where I have to go for his check-uyp.
Hi doctor. I actually need to travel to china with my baby as my husband is working there. So we have to shift back. My baby gal is 3 months old now and her height and weight are 64cms and 6.4kg respectively. Is my baby fit for air travel? what precautions I need to take while traveling and after reaching there?
Fibroid tumour is the abnormal cell growth in the uterus and they are mostly benign. Fibroids usually affect women in the age bracket of 30 - 40. Fibroid tumours are of three types, depending on their location:
- Submucosal fibroids: The tumour develops under the lining of the uterus
- Intramural fibroids: The growth is found amongst the muscles in the wall of the uterus
- Subserosal fibroids: The growth develops on the wall of the uterus right in the pelvic cavity
Causes behind it
The exact cause of fibroids in not known clearly. But certain factors have been discovered that might influence their formation. These factors include:
- Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen are the hormones responsible for recreating the uterine lining during every menstrual cycle. These hormones might trigger the formation of tumour.
- Family history: If any member in your family; your mother, grandmother or sister has/had fibroids in their uterus, you may also develop it.
- Pregnancy: Your body produces excessive progesterone and estrogen when you are pregnant, which may cause an increase in the size of a pre-existing small fibroid. Myomectomy can be done by giving incision on the abdomen or by laparoscopy depending on the size and location of the fibroids.
Signs You are suffering from it
- Heavy bleeding along with blood clots during or between your periods
- Lower back or pelvic pain
- Elevated menstrual cramping
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Longer than normal periods
- Bloating or pressure in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
How it can be treated?
Your doctor will formulate the right treatment depending on your age, the mass of the fibroids and your overall health. Your doctor may choose a combination of treatment to cure your fibroids, and they include:
- Medication: Gonadotropin releasing hormones (GnRH) agonists, birth control pills and ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory medicine) are prescribed. GnRH agonists reduce the level of progesterone and estrogen in your uterus.
- Surgery: Myomectomy and hysterectomy are two common surgical procedures to treat fibroids. Myomectomy is performed by removing the fibroids only by making an incision on the abdomen. But hysterectomy completely removes the uterus. The latter is reserved for serious cases.
- Non-invasive surgery: Forced ultrasound surgery, myolysis (shrinking fibroids with laser or electric current), cryomyolysis (fibroids are frozen) and endometrial ablation (an instrument uses heat, hot water, microwaves or electric current to destroy fibroids) are some non-invasive surgical procedures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!