Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shareela
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ShareelaYour feedback matters!
1. Brush and floss more frequently.
2. Scrape your tongue.
3. Avoid foods that sour your breath.
4. Kick the habit.
5. Rinse your mouth out.
6. Skip after-dinner mints and chew gum instead.
7. Keep your gums healthy.
8. Moisten your mouth.
9. See us if the problem still persists.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer from my childhood What is the permanent solutions for it can you please suggest me?
I ate an entire radish, now I have no taste in the front part of my tongue, it's been around 48 hours since this happened. What should I do?
3 years back I cleaned my tartar and since then I have noticed food stuck in my gums and gap between gums have occurred and at times my mouth smells.
I am having reddish like mapping in my tongue since 1 month inspite of using vitamin B Complex and anti acid. Kindly suggest..
Professional scaling is very important to maintain a good oral hygiene. It should be done every six months. It helps in removing plaque, calculus, tartar which keeps depositing on teeth regularly and ultimately damages the teeth making it mobile by receding the gums. It also cause bleeding gums and bad breath. It may lead to several systemic diseases like heart failure, diabetes, liver and kidney distinction etc. So visit your dentist for regular checkup and dental cleaning.
I'm a 28 year old female and suffering from gastritis. Since 2 years back my condition became worse I often have the tendency of throwing up esp in the morning when I brush. I also suffer from reflux.
Silver Diamine Fluoride Kills Bacteria That Cause Decay
- Nobody looks forward to having a cavity drilled and filled by a dentist. Now there’s
- an alternative: An antimicrobial liquid that can be brushed on cavities to stop tooth decay — painlessly.
- The liquid is called silver diamine fluoride, or SDF. It’s been used for decades in Japan, but it’s been available in the US, under the brand name Advantage Arrest, for just about a year.
- The US’ Food and Drug Administration cleared SDF for use as a tooth desensitiser for adults 21 and older. But studies show it can halt the progression of cavities and prevent them, and dentists are increasingly using it off label for those purposes.
- “The upside is you don’t need to drill and you don’t need an injection,” said Dr Margherita Fontana, a professor of cariology at the University of Michigan.
- Richard Niederman of the New York University College of Dentistry, said, “Being able to paint it on … 30 seconds with no drilling is better, faster.”
- SDF’s main downside is aesthetic: SDF blackens the brownish decay on a tooth. That may not matter on a back molar or a baby tooth that will fall out, but some patients are likely to be deterred by the prospect of a dark spot on a visible tooth.
I am losing my teeth whiteness and I used all type of toothbrush but not results. So give me suggest for making teeth strong and healthfully. I will waiting for your reply. So please help me.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.