Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath ChandraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from knee pain problem (both leg),Alopathic Dr. KA BOLNA HAI KI KNEE KE BONE KA GAP KAM HO GAYA HAI, MEDICINE SE KUCHH NAHI HOGA, AAPKO SIRF EXERCISE KARNA HAI. LEKIN JAYDA FARK NAHI HAI? AGE 35 YEAR. PLZ.SUGGEST ME.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.
I have lower back pain mainly on the right and the left side of spine. But the pain is not present on the both the sides simultaneously but it switches sometimes from the right side to the left side or vice versa. If today's night it was on the right side then tomorrow it will be on the left side. It all occur due to lifting weights in the gym by doing squats and deadlifts. Could you please tell me the category of pain or injury? Should I do stretching and walking? How much time it will take to recover completely if it recovers completely?
My wife, aged 55 years and weight 77 KG is suffering from Osteoarthritis and with little bit exertion, there is swelling on her feet. She can fold her legs without any problem but feels lack of power & heaviness while walking specifically climbing stairs. Homeopathically she can be described as an Hot Blooded Patient, her other symptoms are: Burning hands & feet Occasional puffiness in whole body Thirst in large quantity Heavy sweating Can't stand for long say one hour Feel better in cold weather/ worse in hot weather Sometimes she feels in low level of energy (like low sugar) All tests are OK, however, no Xray etc. Of knees has been done. She has been prescribed Medorrhinum 10M and she has taken two doses after a gap of fifteen days with little relief. Please guide. Thanks.
My mom suffering from spondylosis frm 4 5 yrs, can homeopathy medicines works? She is always to English medicines. She hav to wrk at home no one Dre to help her, does working more increases the spondylosis.
I am 40years old. I got a pain in my knee. I can't walk. Can't do any work. What should I do. Please help me.
I have back pain since long time, when I sit on chair it increases and I can't be turned or bend in any direction. I tried many type of exercises it reliefs for some time, please help me.
My aunty suffering from knee pain, but she did not get up on the cot .she weight nearly 95 kg above ,some one (doctors) told knee is damaged. And she got very pain problem.
Mere left hand ki finger akdne lagti h or phir meri ankho pr andhera ho jata fhir jamin pr gir padta hun.
Health Tip Knee Pain and Exercise Therapy
Knee pain is second most pain next to back pain in middle age. It could be due to physical injury or by pathological reasons. And correct alignment should be maintained in sitting walking or standing involving body pressure to the limbs expecially to knees. In case of pathological causes should be watched and followed to control infections or to improve immunological components in the body to support the efficiency in managing the resistance against all agents
Exercise science or therapy plays a very vital role in controlling the pain and to reduce symptoms. The foremost exercises are to strengthen the quadriceps and hamstring muscles, which could be done by keeping a pillow or small bedsheets preferably cotton beneath knee and pressing hard for 5 to 7 seconds and repeating the same for 15 times resting for 3 second in every repitations (see the pic attached). And hamstring muscle strengthening by lifting straight into 90% without bending the knees and holding the same for 3 to 5 seconds as possible and repeating it for 10 to 15 times for one duration, better to do for twice daily in stipulated time regularly, along with calcium rich and vitamin d3 in sufficlient level.
For pain even hot and cold water fomentation for thrice a day for 5 days regularly can be given to receive locally, for worst pain management physiotherapy interferential therapy (ift) and vacuumtherapy can be given for 7 to 10 days followed by strengthening exercise under guidance from physiotherapist