Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SharadaYour feedback matters!
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses: Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital: Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery: If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery: Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks: For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
I had sex and had I pill just before 3 days of my period. And now I am having body pain and getting white discharge. Is that any issue? And when will I get my periods.
I am not getting my periods since one month. My last menses date was 28th july I done pregnancy test using pregnancy toolkit like (preganews, velocity,and I can) 0n 20th august. And all the three kits indicated result negative only. But after two days I am suffering from "tonsils" fever and headache This is second time that I got "tonsils" Can you please say that all this signs indicate that I am pregnant please answer me. How can I get periods plzzz say me I am worried about this.
Me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time last night. I don't know if I broke my hymen is because I did not bleed. We had intercourse in the missionary position and he ejaculated inside me once. The next morning I was leaking and I had an ipill the same day. My period due date is on 20th and today is the 13th. Are there chances of me getting pregnant? When can I take the pregnancy test? If I am pregnant are there any ways I can avoid it?
Hi, I am suffering from fungal infection in my vagina for many years now. It gets cured till the the time the medication is on. Once the medication is over it comes back. The discharge has a odour and is white in colour. Sometimes it is yellow and brown in color as well. It itches me a lot. I am worried if I will be able to conceive in future. It also pains me during sex. Please help.
1. What fruits and vegetables should be taken for pregnant women? 2. Can she eat egg/fish/mutton/chicken? 3. What exercise is good for pregnant women?
During sex, if sperm is not leaked in pussy or vagina, then also is it chances for girl to get pregnant?
I am 25 years old, iam having pcos on both overy, and I had done foleculer study, past 2 days ovalation happened to me, it is possible to get pregnant, and i am having leg pain now, I need to know the reason.
Hello My 15 days old baby is on breast feed but didn't pass out potty daily. Is it normal? If yes so how many days are normal.
I took abortion pills and I started bleeding within 3 hour and now I don't feel any symptoms of pregnancy but I scare about my period what should I do.
Not all salads are healthy. Making a salad loaded with potatoes and cream is definitely not going to make you healthier or help you lose weight. The healthiest salads are the ones you make at home. Salads in restaurants are often as calorie heavy as anything else on the menu. If you want to make a healthy salad, here's what you need to do.
- Put in plenty of greens: Greens like romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, spring green and baby spinach are filling, full of fiber and very low in calories. This also makes your salad very rich in nutrients. Slice these leaves in ribbons or roughly tear them into small pieces to form the foundation of your salad.
- Use lots of fresh vegetables: A salad is the ideal way to enjoy vegetables. While vegetables like cucumber, onion, carrots, beets and tomatoes can be eaten raw, others like mushrooms, corn and broccoli will need to be steamed or lightly saut&eacute;ed before being added to a salad. Avoid frying any vegetables in lots of oil. This negates the concept of a salad and makes it rich in calories instead of being rich in nutrients.
- Add some protein: Whether you're vegetarian or non vegetarian, do not forget to add a portion of protein to your salad. Beans, chickpeas, tofu and cottage cheese are ideal options for vegetarians while non vegetarians can choose between eggs, chicken, fish, proscuitto etc. Along with being necessary for nutrition, this also makes your salad filling and keeps you feeling full for longer.
- Limit the extras: Everything is good in small quantities. If you want to add flavouring agents like cheese, nuts, avocado, croutons etc to your salad limit it to one flavouring agent or extra. This gives your salad a different taste while not making it too fattening.
- Dress carefully: Dressing is where a salad can go from healthy to unhealthy. A light vinaigrette salad dressing is the best way to finish your salad. If you like your salads creamy, use fresh or hung yogurt instead of mayonnaise. When ordering a salad at a restaurant, ask for your dressing on the side so that you can limit the amount used. Adding a splash of vinegar is an easy way to make a heavy dressing lighter without losing too much flavor.
- Add some crunch: Lastly, sprinkle toasted seeds or air popped popcorn over your salad to add an element of crunchiness to your meal. Chia, hemp and sunflower seeds add to the overall flavor of the salad and are also packed with vitamins and minerals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
She has problem of regular periods that are frequently occur after every ten days what she can do for this problem.
Fertility is a potential for reproduction. In other words, fertility is an ability to have babies or to reproduce. When fertility rate in a community, increases more babies are born. To produce an offspring it depends on age, health and other factors of the woman. When we talk about fertility rates it means the number of births that happen during a certain time period in a specific location. On the other end, lack of ability to reproduce is termed as infertility. There are various treatments to deal with fertility issues and one of the ancient and natural as well as a trusted treatment is Ayurveda.
Female infertility is caused due to structural problems like blocked fallopian tubes, a defect in cervical canal, uterine fibroids or polyps. Hormonal imbalance leading to ovulation problems too can cause infertility. In males. infertility may have anatomical, psychological, hormonal or lifestyle related causes. The cause of infertility in approximately 20% of couples can't be determined using the currently available methods of investigation. From Ayurvedic perspectives, shukra dhatu can get affected by various physical, mental causes and even by serious diseases. Poor quality shukra dhatu can cause infertility in males & females.
Failure to reproduce
Ayurveda For Infertility
Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest holistic healing systems. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body and Spirit. The primary focus of Ayurvedic medicine is to promote good health, rather than fight disease. Fertility problems are increasing these days for many young couples. There are many factors which account for this like Lifestyle, delayed marriages, diet, etc. But Ayurveda not only does explain how to increase fertility with herbal supplements, but it also focuses on how to have healthy children.
For a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factors:
- Sperm/Ovum (Seeds)
- Uterus (Soil)
- Nourishment (Water)
- Time for Conception (Timing of Sowing)
Reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men, the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to the transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then, according to Ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissues in the body.
Foods to Nourish All Seven Dhatus (Bringhana)
- Fresh, organic fruits and vegetables
- Dairy proteins, including milk, lassi, and panir (a fresh cheese made of milk)
- Whole grains
- Mung dhal
- Soaked almonds or soaked walnuts
- Dried fruits such as dates, figs, and raisins
- Sweet, juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears
- If your digestion is strong, eat urad dhal (available at Indian grocery stores) cooked with equal parts turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel.
- A banana cooked in ghee, cinnamon and cardamom is a tasty and wholesome dessert for people with strong digestion.
Foods to Enhance the Reproductive Tissue (Vrishya)
- Date-milk shake
- Mango milkshake
- Rice pudding
Spices such as ajwain powder, cumin (which purifies the uterus in women and the genitourinary tract in men), turmeric (to improve the interaction between hormones and targeted tissues), and black cumin.
In general, it's important to eat a wide variety of foods in order to receive all the essential nutrients. Keep trying new vegetables and fruits, and rotate your menus to make sure you're not eating the same thing day after day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Is there any problem with inverted nipple I have one inverted nipple and I really don't want to go for surgery. is there any problem with these nipples.
Everyone has a different idea of what a mother and baby needs in the first few days after childbirth, but some essentials cannot be skipped out on. With that in mind, here are 10 childcare essential you may need right after the delivery.
- Nursing pillows: A baby may be small and seem light, but carrying them can put a strain on your arms. Since babies need to be fed very often in their first few weeks, a nursing pillow is a handy thing to have around. This allows you to comfortably support your baby while feeding them.
- Breast pump: Though only a mother can produce breast milk, other people can feed this milk to the baby. A breast pump will allow you to express milk at a time convenient to you and store it in bottles to be fed to the baby as needed.
- Bottles and nipples: A set of bottles and nipples are must haves for every baby. In their first few weeks, these bottles may be used to store mother’s milk, but as the baby grows, these bottles can also be used to give the baby water.
- Pacifiers: A baby who wants to constantly suck on the mother’s nipples may be soothed with a pacifier. This can give the mother some time to rest.
- Diapers: For over a year, diapers are a must for every baby. Most mothers choose disposable diapers for their convenience though others may choose cotton wash clothes as well. For the first few weeks, a baby tends to go through 10-12 diapers a day so stock up well.
- Bedding: Whether you choose to share your bed with the infant or have him or her sleep in a crib, you will need at least two sets of crib sheets.
- Baby bath tub: In their first few days, a baby needs to only be sponged down, but as they grow, regular baths become a necessity. A baby sized bathtub will make it easier to hold the baby while keeping them safe.
- Sling: Carrying a baby in your arms all the time is not possible and hence it is a good idea to invest in a sling or front pack. This also keeps the baby close to your body and allows him or her to be soothed by your warmth and heartbeat.
- Stroller: Once a child is three months old, he or she can be made to sit upright in a stroller. This gives the mother a little free time and puts less pressure on her back.
- Car seat: A car seat if a must have for every baby. You could choose between rear facing car seats of convertible car seats. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello, I am 24 years old and married. I just moved from India to Australia in August itself with my husband. My periods are usually normal but this month its 7 days late. I am really scared if i'm pregnant. Please suggest me what can I do because I don't want to be pregnant now. Can I induce my periods somehow? I ate papaya and had ginger tea as well yesterday but nothing happened. Please guide me.
I took medicine for shifting my periods late last month. I had it on 8th of june. Then I lost my virginity on 19th of june and it was with protection. I did not yet have my periods this month. I was close enough wit my partner this month but we did nt intercourse. But some ejections had fallen on on my lingerie. Is the any thing to worry? Or it can be just the side effect of the medicine I took last month?
Looks are very important as they cast the first impression of a person and of course, first impression is the last impression. When you meet someone, the person will first judge you by your looks. People will judge you by your character only after they come to know you.
Looks revel a lot about a person; you know what, sometimes some people’s character is radiated by their looks. Some people not only look innocent but they are also very innocent, the innocence radiates from their face. While some people’s haughtiness can be detected by their looks.
The world revolves around looks, I remember reading a quote on facebook once wherein it was written, “If you look good, people treat you better” and I think that is true. People tend to judge others by looks and treat others accordingly. Hence, it is clear that you should make a fair attempt to look good as people judge you and treat you by looking at you.
To look good, you need to be healthy as looks and health go hand in hand. If you are healthy then you will automatically look good. So in order to be healthy you should have at least some control over your eating and you should work out daily.
Health is related to food, because we get energy from food but mind you, we get energy from ‘good food’ not form ‘junk food’. Junk food cause health problems a lot health problems, it make you obese and look fat. Obesity is the major health problem as of today as obesity can cause aches and pains, diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure and what not, plus it makes you look fat and ugly.
Hence, to look good and be healthy you have to avoid unhealthy food, eat properly, eat moderately, and eat more fruits and vegetables. Most of the people tend to forget one thing that we “eat to live” and not “live to eat”, and if you grasp this concept then you will automatically look, good and be healthy.
To look slim and trim, people work out for hours in the gym but they forget that diet plays a much more important role than exercise. I am not saying that you should not work out, I am saying that workout but along with that watch your diet too.
Hence, good diet and exercise are two things, which make you healthy, and if you are healthy then you will look beautiful.