Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShantiYour feedback matters!
Dear sir when I sex with my girl friend more than two times she felt pain in her vagina as I sex third times sir please tell me what is the issue. Thank you.
I have 3 year kid. My pregnancy test showed positive I don't want to get pregnant .my last period date was 23 / 11 / 16, I took mifepristone on 4 / 1 / 17 morning and misoprostol 400 mg on 5 / 1 / 17 morning and I got little bleeding after 5 hours of taking misoprostol till now 6/1/17 afternoon 2 pm I did not get proper bleeding. I got bleeding and little cramps only when I go to bathroom. On My usual periods I need 2 pads per day. But I didn't get proper bleeding till now so I am afraid please give me correct suggestion.
What is the correct method for blood test for pp n fasting what time one should eat dinner for fasting test next day? Two n half hours from the first bite or the last bite for pp? Pl clarify! and what should be the breakfast and dinner before going for blood sugar test?
How to reduce pcod I get periods of almost one month with a very heavy flow with clots and I feel it creates male hormones too so can I get some suggestions?
2 weeks ago I had unprotected oral sex with a girl. I need to have test for Gonorrhoea. Can someone please suggest me what test should I go for. I checked with Lal path lab and they have PCR test and other Gonococcus Test. Please also advice which doctor should I consult.
My wife is suffering from body weakness since one month ago and already two times consult gynecology but still very very weak. And not interested in sex.
You may think that it is just a harmless drink or two at the end of the day to help you relax. it's just a few drinks when you get together with friends. or it's just that you need to get rid of the office stress. We all need to catch a break sometimes, which makes our favorite brand of drink our best friend. Trouble starts when 'a drink or two' moves to a level where you can't hold the drink anymore. It affects your ability to think straight and take decisions that you may regret in retrospect. Alcoholism not only has serious health consequences but also can ruin your life and relationships. Don't tread down the path of self destruction, or this is what you'll find:
- Conflict: It is not a coincidence that fights are common when one or both partners are caught up with alcohol abuse. It is said that if there is too much alcohol in your system, it hampers with your ability to make rational decisions. It allows you to become inconsiderate about others, and give more importance your addiction over their requirements. It, to an extent, numbs you to what others feel, and makes you drink even more.
- Financial loss: Alcohol costs money. And the more you spend to keep up with your addiction, the more money flows out of your monthly household expenses, monthly savings and retirement plans. And this money literally goes down the drain. Like any other addiction, once you start alcohol abuse, you need it everyday. Drinking may go on to impact your ability to hold on to your job as no one will eventually want to hire someone who has alcohol on their breath at 9 am during client meetings. Alcohol is a strict restriction in certain professions where you may put other people at risk. At the very best, you'll be left with a warning. At the worst, you'll lose your job and end up with no work and no money to support your addiction.
- Accident prone: In 2014, 9,967 people died in drunk driving crashes - one every 53 minutes. This may sound only like a statistic to you - until you speak to the families who lost their loved ones or have to see them suffer through loss of limbs or brain function to bear lifelong suffering. And as far as you are concerned, you may end up seeing the wrong end of a prison. Such things have a profound impact on your relationship - many of which fail to last through the ordeal.
- Infidelity: You've seen it a thousand times in movies - which actually might get reflected in reality, if you wake up next to someone whose name you don't know.
- Infertility: Alcohols and babies don't mix. Too much alcohol intake can stop women from making and keeping a baby.
- Divorce: An alcoholic husband or wife is a valid ground of mental trauma applicable in a divorce.
Irregular periods ultrasound normal but high lh taking normoz since 5 months but still cycles are irregular.
You go to the gym every day, lift heavy weights, but fail to notice gains. This means you have reached a plateau and your body has gotten used to the exercise you do.
Here are some tips to fire up your workout and make it more challenging:
- Circuit training: Circuit training is a type of workout that involves doing one exercise after another in a set time frame. There is no rest between the exercises and this increases the fat burning effect in the body. A typical workout consists of push ups, squats and sit ups.
- Diet: It is important that the food you are eating provides you with the necessary nutrients that allow your body to recover. Exercising takes a toll on your body; so eating a well balanced diet allows your body to recover from the stress of the workouts.
- Drink coffee: Drinking coffee before your workout increases your energy levels and enhances performance. It has also been reported that drinking coffee before a workout makes the workout more enjoyable.
- Exercise outside: Taking your workouts helps you in feeling more energetic and revitalized. It has also been reported that working out outdoors has a beneficial effect on your self-esteem. Exercising outdoors motivates you to work out regularly.
- Incorporate cardio: You should do cardiovascular exercises, which have a beneficial effect on fat burning. It improves blood circulation and raises your heart rate, thus strengthening your heart muscles. Incorporate high intensity interval training which has the maximum metabolic burn effect, which means you will keep the fat off your body.
- Add yoga: Add yoga to workouts as yoga contributes in making your body more flexible and supple. Yoga also calms the mind and improves your overall wellbeing. Start off with simple yogic poses such as the downward dog and the triangle pose.
- Switch it up: If you have been doing only strength training then switch to doing something new such as going for a jog or doing pilates. Switching from your regular routine helps in avoiding stagnation, thus increasing your gains.
Related Tip: "10 Benefits of Raw Green Papaya"
Hello sir, I am 29 weeks pregnant and my legs pain at times very badly why is this as I am taking cc 74 calcium, vitamin n iron tabs. What should i do now?
Human urine is a useful tool for the diagnosis and detection of several health conditions. The color, smell and density of your urine can reveal a lot about the state of your health. Color, especially, is a strong determinant of many ailments or concerns.
Here is a list of the health conditions you might be suffering from, based on the color of your urine:
- Straw color to transparent yellow color: This urine color signifies that your body is healthy and perfectly hydrated. This should be the normal color of urine, which shows you are in good health.
- Transparent or clear: Transparent and extra clear urine indicates that you have drunk too much water, which leads to the transparent appearance. It happens due to overhydration.
- Dark yellow color: This shade of urine is considered normal, but it may indicate some amount of dehydration. You need to drink more water to eliminate the darker yellowish tinge from your urine.
- Honey color: Urine of honey color signifies dehydration and you must consume increased amounts of water.
- Pink or red color: Your urine may have a pinkish red shade when you consume foods like carrots, beets, blackberries and rhubarb. This may also happen due to the effect of some antibiotics or a drug which treats urinary tract infections. The presence of blood in your urine is indicated by these colors too, and it can lead to kidney diseases, UTI, prostate problems or tumors.
- Orange color: Your urine may have an orange color which resembles the color of orange soft drinks. This occurs as a result of high dose of vitamins and several antibiotics. This color may also indicate dehydration or problems related to the kidney or bile duct.
- Blue or green color: Such shades may be present in your urine because of dyes present in food items and medications. Your urine may turn blue or green, signifying several other medical conditions which require immediate medical attention.
- Foamy: If your urine has a foamy appearance, irrespective of the color and shade, you need to consult a doctor. Consistent foamy or frothy appearance of your urine may indicate the presence of protein in your urine, which further signifies problems in the kidneys.
- Maple syrup color: Urine of this shade indicates a severe case of dehydration or liver diseases.
Your urine tells a lot about your health by its color, odor and density. The color is an essential determinant for detecting several health conditions, which may be simple or chronic in nature. In case of abnormal urine color or appearance, you should consult a doctor without delay.
Hello doctor I am 22 years old female, 2nd half months period not occur then Dr. Suggest me for scanning then Dr. Told me watery pimple is appearing, then giving tablet for taking that three month. Now am taking gynovit tablet. What is happening tell me please doctor.
Sir recently I came in contact with a chicken pox infected person properly as I think so that after a certain period it start showing symptoms and I don't want to be So precautionary I want to take medicine as in that person house after every 12 days period one by one all family members getting infected and develop pox So I too think that there is a strong possibility that I may develop also. That's why I want to take precautionary medicine.
I had missed my periods from 24 days. N had unprotected sex at 18 april but my husband did not ejaculate inside me. And agn had sex at 26 april but this time I took unwanted 72. Ryt now I am having pain in my lower abdomen, weakness n vomiting daily. I had not done pregnancy test bcoz I cnt do it due to some family problem. Well I hve tried some homemade test too which were negative. I do not want to conceive now. At d same time can not get help from family member. please suggest me what should I do to avoid pregnancy. I evn have kidney stone problem. Is my period is effected by stone problem. M confused. Plzz help Doctor. Plzzz.
Exercise atleast 30 minutes everyday depending upon your age and weight. Get some help from an expert to suggest best activity for you.
I am married from last 4 years but haven't conceived yet. Had gone through cystectomy. Was diagnosed with PCOS but now I have reduced my weight from 60 to 54 kg.
MY AGE IS 26 YEARS. MY WEIGHT IS 94 KGS. IN MY TESTS T3-91,T4-10.3,TSH-2.81,HB-11.5 .Problem is Periods are stooped since two Years. I am having Two childrens. So Kindly give solution.
Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice (Ganne Ka Ras)
Sugarcane (Ganna), belongs to the grass family (Poaceae), is a most beneficial crop which is found in India in sufficient amount everywhere. It is available at a very cheap price for everyone so anyone can be part of its beneficial aspects. It depends on a person that how he like to have sugarcane. Sugarcane can be chewed using the teeth or drank its juice which is found by crushing the peeled sugarcane in the machine. Generally, its juice with lemon, mint, ginger and black salt flavor is liked by the people.
It was first originated in the New Guinea which was then distributed to all over the world. Commercially, it is grown in many countries including South Asia, Southeast Asia, Brazil, Latin America and etc. Sugarcane juice is one of the most widely drinking juice in India, generally in the Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
People generally buy the sugarcane juice from the street vendors. At some places, it is also found at the food courts. Sugarcane juice has the combinations of sugars like the glucose, sucrose, and fructose. Sugarcane juice is also famous by the name like oosacha ras or ganne ka ras in the Maharashtra.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice/Ganne Ka Ras
Sugarcane juice has a variety of nutrients which aids in the better health. Here I am mentioning some of its beneficial aspects:
Remedy for Sore Throat - Sugarcane Juice is considered as the best home remedy for the person having a sore throat, flu or freezing.
Increases Muscle Power - Ganna ras provides natural glucose to the body necessary for maintaining the muscle power.
Rehydrates Body - It removes weakness from the body by rehydrating the body thus known as the instant body booster and used by the athletes.
Prevents from Protein Loss - It is useful for the person suffering from the fever and maintains the protein loss in the body.
Treats Jaundice - Sugarcane Juice is very helpful for the person suffering from jaundice and provides instant recovery from jaundice by maintaining the glucose level in the body.
Regulates Digestive System Functioning - It is a very good energy drink for the well being of the digestive system.
Treats Constipation - It also provides help in treating constipation due to its high potassium level.
Promotes Wound Healing - It has a type of sugar called as the sucrose which is a natural resource helps in wound healing as well as boosting the immune system.
Strengthens Major Body Organs - It assists to a great level in strengthening the major organs such as the eyes, stomach, heart, kidneys, mind, sex organs and etc if used regularly.
Prevents from Heart Diseases - It also prevents from the heart diseases and strokes as it decreases the bad body cholesterol level and triglycerides.
Contains All Essential Nutrients - Sugarcane juice has all the required vitamins and minerals having precious health benefits for the person suffering various diseases.
Treats various Diseases
Sugarcane juice helps in treating the dysuria (burning sensation while passing urine), prostatitis, kidney stones, STD (sexually transmitted disease), urinary tract infections and etc if taken with lime juice or coconut water.
Ganna ras also assists in other problems like high acidity, cystitis, enlarged prostate, gonorrhea, nephritis and etc.
Prevents from Cancer - Sugarcane juice is alkaline in nature thus helps in fighting from the various type of cancer like prostate and breast cancer.
Promotes Bone Growth - Sugarcane juice is helpful in the growth and development of the bones because of its calcium and phosphorous contents.
Prevents from Anemia - Ganna ras is very useful to the person suffering from the anemia as it has a good amount of the iron which enhances the Hb level in the body.
Rich Source of Antioxidants - Sugarcane juice has an antioxidant property because of its flavonoid and phenolic compounds availability which works as an anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-allergic, anti-tumor agents and prevents the body from various diseases accordingly.
Prevents from DNA Damage - Its antioxidants property protects us from the radiation-induced DNA damage as well as from the oxidative degradation of the cellular lipids or fats. It also fights with the free radicals and prevents aging.
Rich Source of Live Enzymes - Freshly prepared juice of the sugarcane has different live enzymes as well as nutrients which get absorbed by the body and nourishes the body.
Treats Kidney Disorders - Drinking fresh ganna ras in enough amount helps in treating kidney disorders and other urinary problems.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Liver/in Jaundice
Sugarcane juice is very beneficial for the major organ of the body called liver as it helps in treating jaundice which is a liver function disorder. Jaundice causes yellow pigmentation of the skin and skin membranes because of the increased level of bile pigment called bilirubin. Bile pigment level increases due to poor liver functions or obstructed bile ducts. During jaundice, it has become very necessary to bring bilirubin level up to the normal as well as normalize the liver functioning which requires lots of medicine and home remedies.
To get fast recovery from jaundice and liver functioning disorders, sugarcane juice acts as the best home remedy for such ailments. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
Strengthens Liver - It acts as a natural high energetic drink having refined sugar of low glycemic index which helps in strengthening the liver.
Treats Acidity - Ganne ka ras is alkaline in nature which helps in maintaining the acid-base balance and treating acidity.
Maintains Protein in Body - It fulfills the requirement of protein which was lost during the jaundice fever.
Provides Fast Recovery - Ganna ras provides faster recovery from jaundice if taken a glass of sugarcane juice 2-3 times a day.
Boosts Immune System - Ganna juice has lots of antioxidants which makes body immune system stronger to fight against liver infections as well as normalizes the bilirubin level.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Weight Loss
Reduces Weight - As sugarcane juice reduces the bad cholesterol level in the body and has natural sugar thus helps in reducing the weight.
It's high soluble fibers content aids a lot in the weight management strategy.
Removes Body Toxins - Sugarcane juice cleanses our - body improves the metabolism and detoxifies our body by eliminating all the toxins from the body which aids a lot in the gradual weight loss process.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Diabetes
Maintains Sugar Level - Ganne ka ras is a natural sweetener which does not require other sugar to make it sweet thus beneficial for the diabetic person which does not involve in the disturbing the sugar levels.
Has Low Glycemic Index - Sugarcane juice is very beneficial for the for diabetic patients as it has a very low glycemic index.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice During Pregnancy
Increases Hb Level and Prevents Baby from Birth Defects
Because of its iron and folates contents, it is very beneficial for the pregnant women. It enhances the Hb level in the pregnant women as well as prevents the unborn baby from a variety of birth defects.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Skin
Prevents from Ageing - Sugarcane juice has antioxidant property as it has flavonoids and phenolic compounds which make the skin healthy, shiny, soft, supple, fair as well as prevents from early aging and wrinkles.
Moisturizes the Skin - Ganna ras rehydrate and moisturize the body thus makes the skin soft and bright.
Nutritional Benefits of Sugarcane Juice per 1 oz (28.35 g)
(Source: USDA Nutrient database)
Protein: 0.20 g
Water: 0.19 g
Ash: 0.66 g
Fat: 0.09 g
Total Calories: 111. 43
Total Carbohydrates: 27.40 g
Sugar: 25.71 g
Riboflavin: 0.16 mg
Niacin: 0.20 mg
Pantothenic Acid: 0.09 mg
Iron: 0.57 mg
Magnesium: 2.49 mg
Calcium: 32.57 mg
Phosphorus: 0.01 mg
Potassium: 162.86 mg
Manganese: 0.09 mg
Copper: 0.09 mg
Disadvantages of Sugarcane Juice
As sugarcane juice has a lot of health benefits, it also has various health risks because of its unhygienic conditions it is prepared in. Sugarcane juice is considered as the best culture medium for the various microorganisms. That's why it is recommended that drink only fresh juice or the one kept in the freeze. Never drink already made juice or the juice kept outside the freeze.
The person may be infected with the Chagas disease if he drinks sugarcane juice from the roadside stalls. Drinking sugarcane juice from such places may also be contaminated with the feces of insect vector which may lead to the serious health hazards.
Mostly the engines used to crush the sugarcane are used a lot of oil to get moved easily. These oils have harmful effects on the health.
How much Sugarcane Juice should you Drink a Day
Having sugarcane juice on a daily basis depends on the individual need and health of the body. A person suffering from jaundice can take more than one glass a day of sugarcane juice (according to the doctor advice) but in the limit as it may cause some infections. However, one to two cup of sugarcane juice is enough for a normal and healthy person.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.