Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shanti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShantiYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant and I want to abort my baby. Prescribe me medicine in medical abortion. I cannot visit to doctor .tell me everything regarding aborting .and how to take pills.
Hello Dr. Me or mere husband planning kr rhe h for a baby. 4 month s. Hum daily sex bi krte h.But me pregnant nhi ho pa rhi. Koi critical problem to nhi h. Koi solution bataiye.
My wife 35 weeks 2 days pregnant but kal sonography karwayi juice report kucj is tarah he SINGLE live intrauterine fetus of mga 33wks 2 days with cephalic presentation at the time of scanning (delayed conception)
My mother died from acute mesenteric ischemia. We didn't notice previously but after diagnosed with in one day she died. How it s possible doctor. Is Ischemia is too fast.
What tests are to be done to check on Breast health, especially to detect if the breast is free from breast cancer.
My gf took unwanted 72 after unprotected sex within an hour. Now she has pain an cramp in stomach and in vagina and white thick fluids coming from her vagina, Is this normal or she is pregnant?
I am 31 yrs old and 7 months back given birth to my baby through cesarean. 20 days back first time since my delivery I met with my husband. That was the time where my periods has to come but they haven't came till now. But my husband strongly confirms that he hasn't released the semen inside my vagina. After that intercourse, for five days I have observed the secretions of white discharge and stopped. But my periods haven't come till now. I just worrying that will I get the pregnancy again! for which we are not at all ready at this moment. Kindly clarify this doubt.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
- Submucosal fibroids
- Previous sterilization treatment
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
hello doctor. Am feeling like am pregnant am only 22 year old am married and am studying stil How will I get removed out of pregnancy. Plzzz answer me.
My friend and her boyfriend had a sex yesterday after that she bleed. It was for the first time but before that they tried. And that time also she bleed. How normal it is? And now she is complaining about pain. Even if she touches her vagina. Should she consult a gynecologist? Or she will be alright.
During the first three months of your pregnancy, you need to take immense care of yourself; especially if this is your first pregnancy. There are a few mandatory guidelines which need to be followed while you are in your first trimester. These guidelines are explained in detail below:
- Make sure you are really pregnant: When you are first diagnosed with pregnancy, it is always recommended that you double check the fact. This is because there are increasing cases of false pregnancies, especially when Home Urine Pregnancy Kits are used which are bought from medical stores. Thus, when you do find out that you are pregnant, it is best to visit a clinic or Gynecologist and recheck it once for mental satisfaction and complete confirmation. For a proper Urine Pregnancy test, early morning first sample of urine is utilised.
- Make sure you have a health insurance: If you have never worried about health insurance, then this is the time that you think about it seriously. Pregnancy vitamins, medications, procedures, vaccinations, and the delivery itself usher in a lot of financial burden. Thus, it is best to get your medical insurance at hand. The benefits of this can be availed whenever you need it and it can save you from drilling a hole in your pocket. Health Insurance for Pregnancy is NOT offered by all companies, so find the ones which offer you this facility and if needed change your insurance provider. For those who are employed, and are having Group insurance, usually the insurance benefits are offered by the companies, so they are covered. But one must need to confirm it from your insurance agents/company.
- Take your vitamins regularly: During your pregnancy period, your body goes through a lot of hormonal and physical changes. Hence, certain mild vitamin tablets, health supplements and the like are prescribed to be taken regularly. Some vitamins like Folic acid are required for the baby’s development and in some women who don’t take folic acid tablets a higher incidence of neurologic defects are noted. So to avoid any untoward fetal developmental effects taking Folic acid is the least one can do. Don’t take any “Over the Counter “ vitamins from a medical store or those marketed by MLM groups under various false promises. Your gynaecologist will prescribe the right and adequate ones. Seeing a Gynaecologist and having the pregnancy process under supervision is the easiest way to better outcome. Taking excess vitamins is in no way beneficial so avoid “self-medication”.
- Quit smoking and drinking: Smoking and drinking affect the health of the fetus adversely. Thus, mothers-to-be are advised to give up smoking and drinking at least till their pregnancy period is over. The toxic fumes of the smoke affect the growth of the growing foetus, and also causes problems with the development of placenta which provides nourishment to the baby. Drinks too hinder the development of the child. Thus, these two must be primarily avoided till the foetus develops and the baby is delivered. If a mother-to-be indulges in these habits during the pregnancy, then the child might have development complications and the pregnancy would turn into a complicated one.
Hence, these are some of the major know how’s of taking care during the first trimester of your pregnancy. This is a period which needs to be enjoyed to the core as you are going to step into a new role, that of a mother. But, you also need to be cautious of your health and even the slightest uneasiness must be reported immediately, lest it develops into something complicated in the future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir/mam, I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 2nd may. 26 april was the first day of her periods. She has a 35 day cycle. Within two hours of sex she had taken i-pill. But till today she didn't got periods. 50 days over. After 30 and 37 days of sex she checked herself by pregnancy kit at home which came negative both time. She sometimes notices the signs of periods like swollen breast and abdomen pain, back pain but didn't got periods. Is this due to that I pill? Please guide us what to do. And what if she is pregnant as we are not married . Is there any medicine to to cure this irregularity of periods. Please guide us. Thanks.
Age: 31 yrs, Health Issue: PCOD Period missed: I am in 38th day Symptom: No Symptom of pregnancy like vomiting, tiredness, nausea. What could be the reason? Is that pcod stopping my periods or something else.
Chlamydia is one of the more common STDs among both the genders. It spreads through physical intimate contact; it can develop irrespective of one’s age, however, is most commonly observed among young women. In women, the symptoms include yellow or green colored odorous vaginal discharge, painful urination and a burning sensation or itching around the vagina, lower abdominal ache, painful menstruation or bleeding during sexual intercourse. Now if the infection reaches up to the fallopian tubes, it causes a disease known as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). In case of unprotected oral sex, the bacteria causing this disorder, ‘Chlamydia Trachomatis’ might infect the throat as well.
Reasons Behind Chlamydia in Women:
Being a sexually transmitted disease, Chlamydia gets passed on from one person to another through unprotected sex or through the contact with the genitals of an infected person.
In some cases, infants are likely to inherit the disease from their mothers during birth, if she is already affected with it. Hence pre-natal checkups are essential for detection.
Although very rare, this infection can affect the eyes as well via oral or genital contact.
How To Treat Chlamydia?
The infection can be resolved within a couple of weeks with the use of antibiotics. Once it is diagnosed, the treatment course should start immediately. The widely used antibiotics for curing chlamydia are azithromycin and doxycycline. If you are breastfeeding or pregnant or suffering from any allergy, your doctor might prescribe erythromycin or amoxicillin. For severe complications, a longer course is administered. The treatment may induce mild side-effects in the form of vaginal thrush, sickness, diarrhea and tummy pain.
Try and avoid any sort of sexual activity (intercourse or other activities) till the treatment is completely done and none of you show any other sign of the infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.