Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShanthishreeYour feedback matters!
I am 51 yrs old female, I am suffering from post menopausal hot flashes for last 4 years + I have problem in my left knee, constipation, depression, insomnia and rough hair. My hair are falling mainly from the frontal region. Please advice.
I got married 9 months ago and my wife is 33 years old, we are trying for baby however with no result, shall we need to consult a doctor.
Now I am finished 7 months of pregnancy. Now I am falling in viral fever can I take paracefe 500& antibiotics taxim-O 200 & cough syrup Benadryl. How much is it right? & have any side effect for mother and her baby .please explained.
How can we reduce the breast size naturally or through medication? I am 21yrs old. So which medicine would be preferable? So that it doest have any side effects to body.
I'm 26 years old female, my hubby's sperm cell count is low, but my family is waiting for good news that when I will conceive, it's almost 2 years, so they're forcing me, I want to have sex with my boyfriend to become mother, but he is not interested, he is saying that there are chances to get aids for both of them. please help me in this regard.
I am 31 year old, mujhe thyroid hai aur do hi bacchay hai, aur weight bhi bahoth hai mujhe pregneny ke liye kya karna hoga, aur weight loose ke liye kya karna hoga.
Why you must opt for a homeopathic treatment for PCOS
PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body.
As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region. It is also associated with problems related to conception and pregnancy in more complex conditions.
While the complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process since it demands thorough observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient over a period of time; and the course of treatment follows these observations.
Although PCOS and its symptoms can be treated using conventional drugs, use of homeopathic medications is better to treat this condition for the following reasons.
Treatment addressing the root-cause
Using homeopathy for PCOS is a good idea because it offers permanent treatment for the condition. Homeopathy treats and cures the root cause of the condition rather than focussing on the external factors that cause the disease. Therefore, the treatment offered by homeopathy is more reliable. For example, the medicines prescribed for an interrupted period is different from the medicines prescribed for profuse bleeding.
No side effects
Homeopathic treatment is based on the belief that the human body was meant to remain disease free always. So it never tries to make use of drugs that can disturb the body's ability to function naturally. All that homeopathic medications do is to restore the vitality of the body so that it can find its way out of the disease all by itself. This kind of a treatment ensures that there are no side-effects whatsoever of homeopathic medicines.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
When the temperature soars to extremes in the summer, all you want to do is switch on the air conditioner and stake out in a room during the day. Alas! That's not a real world option. In reality, we have to work in the kitchen, step outside to reach office and do our daily chores bearing the heat. In some places, the added humidity becomes an even worse problem with sweat draining us out of our energy. While we can blame it on global warming and other problems, it really isn't going to solve our problem. To do that, we need to look inside and not outside. Nature's bounty is infinite and there are several foods in nature that helps our body stay cool form the inside. That's because nature likes to maintain balance and has all the solutions we need. We only need to look.
Here are a few options on summer friendly meals that can help you beat the heat.
- Summer salads: Fresh and healthy summer salads are one of the sure shot ways to make you feel light and full and keep your body cool while keeping your taste buds super happy. Fill it with the goodness of cucumber, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, carrots and cottage cheese and flavour it with salt, pepper and a dash of homemade cream cheese and pomegranate. We've seen this salad being gobbled up in a record time of 7 seconds. You just have to give it a try.
- Cool drinks: From buttermilk to lemon mint coolers to variants made from fennel seeds (saunf) cooling drinks are a must have in any home. You can stock these up on a Sunday to have them through the week. Also, you can consume many of these with honey instead of added sugar to keep your health and calories in check.
- Fresh fruit salads with ice cream: Fruit salads can actually be a wonderful breakfast or meal option. Using a mix of locally available fresh fruits and topping it with fresh custard or ice cream can be a delightful summer coolant.
- Summer vegetable saute: Want some freshness on the side. A fresh vegetable saute can just become a full meal. Filled with the goodness of vegetables sauteed in virgin olive oil and very little seasoning, the crunchy texture and colourful mix can work wonders in keeping you healthy during the summer. Try a mix of corn, spicy jalapenos, onions and lettuce and tofu to make it a full meal.
Summer heat can sometimes really take its toll. Be careful if you experience unusual symptoms like excessive sweating or faintness.
Sir, I am trying for last 10 month since my marriage my age is 29 and my wife is 24. But she is not conceiving. I had the semen test which shows 40million/ml and motility 80 And normal form 80 and pus cells 1-2. And reaction is alkaline. A doctor advised me for speman forte. Can it help me? And for how much period I have to take it. And should I avoid sex during this period while I have speman forte. Thanks.
Me and my gf had sex on 3 July . She had a pill on same day but still no sign of periods after that . Please advise.
I am having some joint problem whenever I try to sit down I am not able to get up by myself as my knees ache have got my menopause since 3 yearsAnd also I am putting on weight, even my vagina remains very dry and so the vaginal lips stick I do apply moisturizer and it feels better I am 52 years and weigh 81 kgs height is 5.2" please advice.
I am 25yrs old. I am having irregular periods problem for 4months. By 4 months upto still I didnt get any periods. What can I do for regular periods? and what is the reason for irregular periods?
I have been on carbimazole from 2 months. My initial readings were tsh <0.001 t3= 3.8, t4=20.9. Now after 2 months my readings are tsh=0.01, t3=1.5, t4=9.2 I am still on carbimazole 20 my in a day. However problem is m planning to conceive. Will these medication cause abnormal mentally challenged baby. Or will it affect my baby.
I am previously suffered from anaemia and with infertility due to hypothyroidism. 1month ago I made all tests then I came to know that my haemoglobin % improved from 6.6 to 9.5 but t3 and t4 are normal but tsh is 8.86. I am taking eltroxin 50mcg daily since 1month. And my periods are also regular. My age -26y height -5.1 weight -46kg marriage -3 years other reports all are normal i. E mountax test etc. Please suggest me right way so that I rid of this problem and conceive.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.