Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. ShankarYour feedback matters!
The mixture is made with these flowers:
Clematis: for a better concentration
Chestnut bud: to better remember things
Gentian: not to respond when in front of an unexpected situation
Elm: for a surplus of care that an exam requires
Larch: to have confidence in your abilities
Some of my ideas that may help you customizing this mixture:
Mimulus: if you're scared about the exam or if you're shy
Impatiens: especially useful towards the end of the studying process and during the days before an exam, if you're afraid that you might not have enough time to study or if you can't wait for the exam
White chestnut: when your mind always goes to the things that you're studying or when you can't stop thinking about the exam itself. This mixture for the exam is very useful. But don't forget to study.
Intelligent boy is not scoring marks -
Is there any fear of exam? (Mimulus)
Does he forget during the exam but remember after the exam? (Scleranthus)
Or is he going blank and forgetting the answer? (white chestnut)
Or does he not have enough time? (elm)
Or feeling shaky while reading the question paper? (rescue remedy)
Or making silly mistakes and getting fewer marks. (impatiens)
Is he sitting to study putting the required efforts? (oak)
Or not sitting to study in the house? (chestnut bud)
My son is of 17 years old and he only listen to his friends and not to parents. We had taken him to a counselor but not had any impact on him. So give some suggestions via he can listen to parents.
Hello doc. I had bipolar disorder. N also on medication of licab 300mg n qutipin. Me n my husband r planning for child next year. Pls suggest right precautions to be careful during pregnancy.
Feeling so depressed with my personal things. Getting down day by day. Don't feel like doing anything or talking to anyone.
My friend is going to marry in next month, he feels sexual weakness and has time problem, please recommend some drugs that will help in this problem.
Whenever I talk to anyone I feel stressed. In normal scenario also I become stressed while conversing. I think too much unnecessarily. While talking to any senior my heart beat increases and not only that it happens when I impart training to any group. I have habit of smoking 3-4 cigarettes daily. Please help me out to get rid of it.
Hi Doctor, I am 22 years old. Usually I am very cool. But in some situations I get tensed and get angry. Please suggest me how to reduce the anger.
It seems like m very much depressed. I always want isolation. Think stupid things. Real worlds seems like a story m living in. Sometimes I even take sleeping pills. And big thing is I don't feel any emotion whatever is happening outside I don't even bother . Please help . I want to get rid of this.
I am feeling really very low in life, my friends don't respect me, I am not good at studies, my confidence has been lowered to such a lvl that I am not able to pick it up. I have only 3-4 friends and they too do not value me, they do not respect me, I am lonely year with failures around me do not know what to do. Please help me if you could.
My father whole leg jerk sometimes in a week. When he sees leg or has his mind towards leg, jerk frequency increases. And if we indulge his mind towards other things Like in talking etc. Jerk become slower and gradually goes. He is also suffering from depression. Can this jerking be associated to parkinson disease? Why or why not. Help.
Dear Sir, My father who is 81 years old he is desperation patient more than 50 years he takes so many medicines and does want to do any thing (watch tv, news paper family work) but he is very sincere about his work money and health please advice us.
No matter how cool, attractive or smart you are, you could be a victim of domestic abuse and the worst thing is that you are not even aware of that. In most cases, people neglect it as a small and insignificant issue, but the truth is that silent abuse can do you more harm than anything else and if you are thinking whether or not you are being abused, chances are that you are.
- You are fearful about your partner’s reactions: In some instances, you must have found that you are more fearful of your partner’s reaction to a particular awful situation than the severity of the situation itself. It is the first sign that you are heading towards an acute form of abuse.
- You are not upset about fighting with your partner but scared: Fighting with someone you love is an unpleasant ordeal. While it is supposed to make you feel sad and depressed, it is not meant to make you feel scared that he or she would hit you or cheat on you.
- When you are fighting, you are looking for an exit: Is your gut feeling saying that you are not safe while having an argument; it is a warning sign of domestic abuse.
- You cannot trust your partner: Trust is something that comes naturally in a relationship and when your partner is demanding your trust forcefully, you are being emotionally abused.
- Your partner makes you feel like you are insane: Have you been noticing that your spouse is manipulating your words or actions to advance his or her own agenda? Be careful.
- You feel that you always need your spouse’s opinion: This is because you know that your partner would be angry, if you decide on something of your own.
- Your partner doesn’t allow you a life outside him or her: If the other person is not secured when you want to spend some time with your friends or colleagues, it indicates that they have no respect or support for you.
- Your partner makes you feel guilty most of the time: This is an important sign of how difficult it would be for you to manage to be with your partner in future. He or she makes you feel guilty so that no guilt falls on their shoulders.
- Your self-esteem is running negative: When you are being emotionally drained, it would have an ill effect on your confidence level and self-esteem.
- Your partner tracks your activities: Lastly, if you find yourself being tracked, no matter what you do or where you go, you are being abused significantly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I feel lonely all the time no one else can't understand me I used to sit alone I love to be alone I just like silence I just worried about my future.
I have a bad habit of smoking. I am 24 years old. I am smoking for 4 years. When I was 20, I smoke 10 cigarette per day, then I realise, it is a bad for health and economy. So I decided to quit but I did not. Now I smoke 3 cigarette per day. How can I quite it?
I am suffering from obesity please help my weight is 93 kg n height is 5.4 inches im suffering from depression.
I suffering from mild depression. I do not want to work, I cry, I have fear all the time I want to get rid of it. Pls help.
While most of us consume alcohol on a social basis, or during certain special and momentous events of our life, there are some people who may be classified as heavy drinkers. There is a certain alcohol limit as per the sex, age and climate that a person can have on a daily basis. When a person overshoots that limit on a daily basis and that too by a large margin, he or she may be known as a heavy drinker.
If you fall in this heavy drinking category, then you may want to go through the following tips in order to bring down and curb your habit so that you can drink in moderation, without causing undue problems for your mental and physical health.
- Use bitters: Using bitters, especially digestive bitters, with your drinks can help in bringing down the amount of alcohol that you consume in one go. This can also help your body in digesting the alcohol in a better manner so that you do not wake up with a hangover. Also, the use of digestive bitters can help in detoxification of the liver and prevent it from getting coated with toxins released by alcohol.
- Water: It is a well-known fact that one must stay hydrated while drinking so that he/she does not get carried away and drink too much. You can easily have a glass of water between each drink so that you keep the buzz at a stable level rather than letting it get to your head, to a point where you start to ask for even more alcohol. Moreover, before a big party or event, it is best to first have plenty of water so that you do not end up going overboard.
- Cleansing juices: The latest diet and fitness fad includes a dose of juices churned from various kinds of fruit and vegetables. You can also try this cleansing juice menu every time you feel like reaching out for a drink. This will help you in keeping things in perspective and then drinking moderately, if and when the need arises.
- Set a drink deadline: If you want to cut back on your drinks significantly, then one of the best things to do is to set yourself a drink deadline. As per this deadline, you will set a number where you will stop. For instance, once you have reached 2 to 3 drinks, you will automatically stop so that you do not binge.
- Find a support group: It is best to find a support group of friends or even an alcoholic anonymous group so that you can share your experiences and find motivation at the same time. This is especially important for those going through withdrawal symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.