Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShaliniYour feedback matters!
Following the same skin care routine year round may not work so well when the humidity drops. Without a change in your skin care, dry air can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable. Dry skin can itch, flake, crack, and even bleed.
To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following.
1. Prevent baths and showers from making dry skin worse. When your skin is dry, be sure to:
Close the bathroom door
Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes
Use warm rather than hot water
Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser
Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather
Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
2. Apply moisturizer immediately after washing. Ointments, creams, and lotions (moisturizers) work by trapping existing moisture in your skin. To trap this much-needed moisture, you need to apply a moisturizer within few minutes of:
Drying off after a shower or bath
Washing your face or hands
3. Use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion. Ointments and creams are more effective and less irritating than lotions. Look for a cream or ointment that contains an oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil. Shea butter also works well. Other ingredients that help to soothe dry skin include lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum.
Tip: Carry a non-greasy hand cream with you, and apply it after each hand washing. This will greatly help relieve dry skin.
4. Wear lip balm. Choose a lip balm that feels good on your lips. Some healing lip balms can irritate your lips. If your lips sting or tingle after you apply the lip balm, switch to one that does not cause this reaction.
5. Use only gentle, unscented skin care products. Some skin care products are too harsh for dry, sensitive skin. When your skin is dry, stop using:
Skin care products that contain alcohol, fragrance, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
Avoiding these products will help your skin retain its natural oils.
6. Wear gloves. Our hands are often the first place we notice dry skin. You can reduce dry, raw skin by wearing gloves. Be sure to put gloves on before you:
Go outdoors in winter
Perform tasks that require you to get your hands wet
Get chemicals, greases, and other substances on your hands
7. Choose non-irritating clothes and laundry detergent. When our skin is dry and raw even clothes and laundry detergent can be irritating. To avoid this:
Wear cotton or silk under your clothing made of wool or another material that feels rough
Use laundry detergent labeled “hypoallergenic”
8. Stay warm without cozying up to a fireplace or other heat source. Sitting in front of an open flame or other heat source can dry your skin.
9. Add moisture to the air. Plug in a humidifier. If you can check your home heating system, find out if you have a humidifier on the system — and whether it’s working.
When to see a dermatologist
Your skin should start to feel better quickly. If these changes do not bring relief, you may want to see a dermatologist. Very dry skin can require a prescription ointment or cream. Dry skin also can be a sign of a skin condition that needs treatment. A dermatologist can examine your skin and explain what can help reduce your discomfort.
My husband is a smoker. He gave me cunnilingus last time. From that day I have been experiencing itching in my labia minora of my vagina. The itching is severe. I tried antiseptic vaginal washes too. What should I do. please suggest.
My wife is having uterine fibroid, it size is increased to 34*34 from size 18*20 in last 3 years, when it started we get pulse diagnosed, took kachnar gugul, gomutra ark, as in 2-4 months no positive effect observed doctor advised to consult gynaecologist, gynaecologist not did anything as my wife had no such problems due to fibroid, but today she is having excess bleeding with big clots, we are taking homeopathic medicine since last 3 years. It has moderate effect but size is increasing. Please suggest. She has pitta prakriti. On face chayina marks are there due to hormonal, hemoglobin is also below 8gm.
Aisa kehte he ki. Papaya. Kharbuj nai khana chaiye pregnancy me. Even mango bhi. It generates heat in body. Is it true. Nd if nt. please suggest me fruits tat should be on ma diet. Its my trimester.
If someone leaves the cure for pcos in between than may she have some problems in future related to pcos? What kind of precaution should be taken after 40's. Which medical test should be done to check the status?
His sex drive is less and now I don't care much either
Q: Hi, I’m 40 and married at 20 years. I have a stable marriage and a friendly relationship with my husband. From the beginning my husband’s sex drive has been much less than normal. He isn’t very adventurous or outgoing. I’ve had many discussions with him and tried to address this issue. Now i’ve reached a place where it doesn’t bother me much. Is that ok? have I reached an impasse?
a: You are speaking the fears of every woman who has ever been in a passionless relationship. Chemistry is a wonderful feeling. It consists of an increase in dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, estrogen, and oxytocin and makes you feel really high. This high – which we call chemistry or attraction – generally lasts from 18-36 months. And while it is a wonderful feeling, it is not the same as love, although most folks call it being “in love”. Additionally, this “in love” feeling is not necessarily a good predictor of your future, because, well, you’ve had it before in relationships that ultimately failed.
What I’ve observed as a sexologist is that people are slaves to chemistry, ignore compatibility (the ability to get along and build a future), and wonder why they’re so unhappy if they’re “in love”.
When you’re planning a 40-year relationship, compatibility – the ability to compromise, make thousands of tiny decisions as a couple, and build a life together – is ultimately more important than white-hot chemistry. As to what you do now?
I think it has to be a hard conversation with your husband, in which you figure out your endgame before you talk, and lead him to your desired conclusion
1. Compliment your husband on being a great husband, father and teammate.
2. Tell him that you feel sexually deprived. Tell him that while you love him dearly and have no desire to break up your family, you are starving for affection and don’t want to live the rest of your life without it.
3. Ask him to collaborate with you in coming up with a solution. This is a team effort to preserve your marriage and make you feel sexually satisfied, and if he values your happiness, He has to help solve it.
What will you come up with?
That’s up to you as a couple. I wish you well as a doctor, and thank you for illustrating that no sexual chemistry should be a non-starter in relationships, and that is it also an important part of a married life. Please relax and focus on your happiness and cultivate hobbies and do things that bring you joy.
Sir, I have a one question regarding pregnancy, actually I had sex with my fiancee on 24 march-2015. Then she's period time is coming on 8 april, but not come in period. Then I check pregnancy test of her. I shocked that time. I gives a table of abortion on 18 april. She took the tablet and after that running bleeding, but I have a big tension that she yet or still not come in period. Please please suggest me right way! thanking you.
Every food we eat tastes differently. 6 tastes of edibles are sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent astringent. Try to have all 6 tastes in your food every day.