Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Shalini Chadalavada
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Shalini ChadalavadaYour feedback matters!
When it comes to losing weight, everyone stresses about eating right and exercising, but there’s one thing we often forget and that is drinking right. So, drinks such as carbonated drinks and alcohol can add to your weight while others can help you get slimmer. Some of the best drinks that can help you burn calories include:
- Water: Water not only keeps you hydrated, but can also help you lose weight. The more water you drink, the more calories you will burn. Additionally, drinking water before meals helps reduce your appetite. Drinking water through the day also reduces the urge to snack between meals and helps control your calories intake. If you want to flavor your water, don’t drink packaged juices but instead infuse your water with freshly cut fruits.
- Green Tea: Green tea is rich in flavonoids that increase a person’s metabolic rate and the rate of fat oxidation. There are many types of green tea available today and one of the best types of green tea is the Matcha green tea as this is the richest source of antioxidants. Do not add milk or sugar to green tea.
- Mint Tea: Tea made from fresh or dried peppermint leaves has a very low calorific value and is a great substitute for soft drinks and processed juices. This type of tea is ideal for the summer and winter months and is also rich in antioxidants. Once again, you can use honey to sweeten your tea.
- Black Coffee: Coffee can keep you awake but it can also help you lose weight. Coffee is rich in chlorogenic acid compounds that act as antioxidants and slow down the body’s production of glucose. Simultaneously, this lowers the production of fat cells. Black coffee can also suppress your appetite and stimulate your metabolism. Plain black coffee has negligible calories as long as there is no sugar added to it.
- Vegetable Juice: Vegetables are a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber while being low in calories and fat content. Thus, you can never have too much vegetable content in your diet. Drinking vegetable juice before meals reduce your serving size and your total calorie consumption. When juicing vegetables, using a juicer reduces the fiber content in your juice and hence, it is better to blend the raw vegetables.
- Grapefruit Juice: Grapefruits are low in calories and high in fiber content. It also helps manage insulin levels and energy metabolism. Like other juices, the ideal time to drink a glass o grapefruit juice is 20 minutes before meals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Urinary tract infection is a type of infection that occurs in the urinary tract of the body. This disorder tends to occur more in women than men as the length of the urethra is shorter in women, thus increasing chances of this infection. The most common cause of urinary tract infections is the E. Coli bacteria, especially in the lower part of the urinary tract consisting of the urethra and the bladder.
Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach to urinary tract infections, the remedies aim to treat the underlying causes of the infection. The treatments are free from any side effect and have a beneficial impact on your overall wellbeing. Before prescribing a remedy, the practitioner diagnoses by asking about your medical history, work habits and your mental health. Based on a thorough diagnosis, remedies will be prescribed.
Some of these homeopathic remedies to treat UTIs include:
- Apis: Apis is recommended if you have symptoms such as experiencing a burning feeling after urination and less urine. You may have swelling around the eyes and also may not experience much thirst. The condition tends to worsen in hot weather conditions.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is recommended if you experience constant urges to urinate; however, the amount of urine may be very low. Apart from this, you might also experience intense pain while urinating along with traces of blood in the urine. Back pain is another complication that occurs along with the above mentioned symptoms.
- Sarsaparilla: This remedy is recommended when you experience pain in the lower abdomen and the back. Your urine may also contain blood and sediments.
- Benzoic acid: In case your urine has a strong odor, benzoic acid may be the recommended remedy. It is also used to treat pain in the urethra which flares up when you are not urinating.
- Staphysagria: This remedy is used when UTIs develop as a result of any sexual activity. You may experience a constant urge to urinate and feel pressure in the bladder. Prostatic enlargements which cause infections in the urinary tract can also be treated using this remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Dear Doctor, Suddenly (with time frame of 6 months) my waist size increased to 36" from 34" so that I could not able wear fat which was bought before. I am weighing about 70 kg (no change) and 169 cm Height. I do walking regularly for 30 min in the morning and doing Sri Sri yoga for 30 min. My recent Blood test (Wellness B )taken at Thyrocare report all are normal except 25-OH Vit D of value 10.74 ng/ml for which it was advised by Dr. Bharti Sharma to take Calcirol sachet for 2 month once a week. Pl suggest how to reduce my waist size as before naturally. Thanks with regards,
1. Limit well-wishing - This can be extremely important for those first few weeks at home and is also often in the best interest of your baby's health. Certainly you are anxious to show off your new little one, but there will be time. Don't be afraid to place limits and disregard those that would like to insist that it is ok for them to come by. A good game plan is to let everyone know a date after which you will feel up to having visitors meet your newest family member. It is ok if they disagree.
2. Accept help - Chores still can get done by others. Tell family and friends how they can help. When people want to visit, ask if they might be willing to bring food. Don't be afraid to rely on others.
3. Breast-feed if you can - Yes, it's good for the baby but it also will burn an extra 500 calories a day. If you're trying to get the postpartum weight off, breast-feeding is a great way to start.
4. Hang up your cape - You are a superwoman but superheroes need rest too. Napping when the baby sleeps is easier said than done if you think you have to keep up with laundry and cooking. Forget the chores and try to nap at least once a day.
5. Drink water - Breast-feeding increases your need to stay hydrated. Get the equivalent of 8 glasses of water a day. Stay away from sugary sodas and caffeine that can filter into breast milk.
Obesity has become a global pandemic as more and more people are becoming overweight. Our lifestyles have made it difficult to lose weight. But with simple tweaks and changes in your diet, you can slim yourself, lose weight and keep it off. These superfoods have a variety of benefits and reduce your caloric intake. Packed with nutrients, they can help you fend off those extra kilograms, love handles and weight!
1. Asparagus: With just 27 calories in a cup, asparagus not just offers low calories, it even fills you up. If you eat non-vegetarian food on a regular basis, have asparagus by the side or in your salads. You will love how it complements the food.
2. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is rich in nutrients as well as flavors. 100 gms of cauliflower (edible portion) makes up to 30 calories, which is not very high and of course, it fills you up, which makes it an ideal option for dinners and lunches.
3. Broccoli: A close cousin of cauliflower, it’s available widely and a single cup of 31 calories has tons of nutrients. The superfood is a vegetable that you can cook, consume after boiling or add to your salads.
4. Brussel Sprouts: Sprouts are yummy and they are extremely filling. So, if you are interested in weight, consume them on a regular basis. It’s just 38 calories in a cup with tons of fiber and other nutrients.
5. Lettuce: This green leafy vegetable adds so many nutrients to your daily servings. And they are such a rich-filling for the body. A single cup of lettuce has just 5 calories. Lettuce can be used with salads or eaten raw as a snack.
6. Cabbage: If you don’t find lettuce easily, substitute it with cabbage, which has 22 calories a cup, is great for weight loss and has sweet, crunchy taste. So, you can easily use it as a snacking option.
7. Beets: Beetroots have about 30 calories a cup and they are so yummy. Add them to your salads or prepare them as veggies for the dinner.
8. Lemons: Packed with vitamin C, lemon can be used to add flavor to your salad, drink herbal water or simply to quench your thirst.
9. Tomatoes: Great choice for salads and snacking as tomatoes tend to have just 22 calories for a medium size. Plus, they are super tasty, have lycopene that has anti-ageing properties. You can use them with a variety of other veggies and fruits of your choice.
10. Spinach: It is a rich source of vitamin A, Iron, vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium and folate. Spinach is a good source of the B vitamins, riboflavin, and vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium and dietary fiber. And it gives only 26 calories. It is unarguably great nutrition for any meal.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.