Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShakeenaYour feedback matters!
I had my periods on 2nd March. I had intercourse on 16th March. Unfortunately the condom ruptured. I took a Clear 72 pill within four hrs. Now I am having immense lower abdominal pain. Why is this? What are my chances of getting pregnant?
I have polycystic ovary. This is creating a lot of problems. I don't know what to eat and what not to. Even I am gaining weight. How may I get rid of this?
Hello doc, I had an unprotected sex last month. She missed her periods this month and pregnancy test came positive. We both are quite young and don't want this pregnancy. What options do we have. Please help.
Hiiii My wife is 31 months pregnant. I want to asked you that BC-26 Germany tablet is useful for normal delivery or not.
Ayurveda is a just another treatment
Ayurveda has been considered by a majority of society as a treatment method similar to allopathic or homeopathic. But, in fact, ayurveda scripts clearly construe that it is purely a lifestyle. The entire system of ayurveda is envisioned on the four basic pedestals of healthy eating, sound sleep and ample exercises; thus ayurveda establish a system of sound health and curing through the right lifestyle and healthy habits.
The gall bladder, which sits just below the rib cage to the right of the stomach, is very tender to touch. It is a little sac or storage compartment for bile, which is produced by the liver. The gallbladder emits bile into the small intestines via a duct referred to as the cystic duct. The entire process is meant to break down foods (namely fatty foods).
Gallbladder attack symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- Pain in the back right shoulder blade: Sometimes, pain radiates through to the back shoulder blade on the right side or in the middle between the shoulder blades. This is pain from the gallbladder affecting the back of the shoulder. This back shoulder blade chest pain is one of the most common yet unknown symptoms of a gallbladder disorder. This can come and go or be constant. It may be sharp, excruciating or dull. It may also occur especially at night. A gallbladder attack will typically last for one to four hours.
- Pain in the stomach: The most common symptom of a gallbladder problem is pain. This pain usually occurs in the mid to upper-right section of your abdomen. It can be mild and intermittent, or it can be quite severe and frequent. In some cases, the pain will begin to radiate to other areas of the body, including the back and chest.
- Nausea or Vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms among all types of gallbladder problems. But only a chronic gallbladder disease may cause digestive problems, such as acid reflux, gas, nausea, and vomiting.
- Diarrhea: Having more than four bowel movements a day for at least three months may be a sign of chronic gallbladder disease.
- Fever or Chills: An unexplained fever may signal that you have a bile duct infection. If you have an infection, you need treatment before it worsens and becomes dangerous. The infection can become life-threatening if it's allowed to spread to other parts of the body.
- Unusual Stools or Urine: Lighter-colored stools and dark urine are possible signs of a common bile duct block.
Period delayed by 9 days can I be pregnant .Did urine pregnancy test at home with day's first urine and it was positive. Now what to do.
I am 46 years old lady .until this month I had regular menses .but this month its too late. I checked the pregnancy but it was negative .Any other reason for the irregularity of period. I have 3 children. Please get me a suitable reply thanking you.
I have miss my period for 45 days and urine test of pregnancy show result positive but I want to do abortion by taking pills. Please suggest medicine and procedure of taking it.
As I am suffering from vomiting n stomach heavy n nt feeling to eat so I want to doctor today n I had a urine test it results to negative but doctor said dat as I have not delayed the periods for dat reason it come negative n is it possible to get positive result if I delay the period? N my stomach is also cramping n pinching from inside. Plss help me. I want a positive answer.
My wife is pregnant of 2 nd month and suffering with fever and headache which treatment I gave her? Also say me medication is possible in pregnancy.
Due to hair removing I got pimples over my vagina which is very painful all r popped out I wash it with boric powder and applied the ointment surfaz-sn which is very effective. But there is pain still in the area where the pimple was there. Its nearly one week.
The obesity epidemic around the world is getting worse day by day, though people are getting conscious about their health as well and a major portion of the fitness industry has grown around weight loss. It is easier said than done as many people lose their motivation for weight loss somewhere along the journey. There are however, some really easy steps that you can follow to ensure that you achieve your goals without them being too taxing on you.
Let's look at 5 easy ways to lose weight quickly:
1. Take walks, as frequently as possible: Without setting duration, it would be a good idea to incorporate walking into your schedule as often as possible. This will feel like less of a work out, but will still burn off many of the calories. Here are some things you can practically do:
- Take stairs whenever possible
- Do house cleaning chores, such as mopping or cleaning as regularly as possible as these are great calorie burners
- Park your car a little further away and walk to your destination or meetings
- If availing public transport get off a few stops earlier and walk to your destination.
2. Drink water right before meals: This is a great way to reduce portions automatically as drinking water right before a meal will fill up your stomach and result in you feeling not so hungry. Once your meal portions are reduced and continued over a long time this will help you lose weight.
3. Instead of focusing on foods you don't like, increase foods you like in your diet: This is very true of most diets as people tend to start having cravings when they deny themselves of food. Thus it is advisable to slowly change your diet overtime and incorporate healthy options such as certain fruits or low calorie snacks that you like and slowly replace the unhealthy options.
4. Use TV time as a quick exercise opportunity: If you are sitting in front of the TV, you can start a small regimen of doing a few free hand exercises when the commercials come up. Use everyday objects near you as weight or as support platforms to do exercises while you don't have to pay attention to what's going on screen.
5. Remember it is the journey rather than the destination, which matters: Many people tend to get engrossed about the end result and give up midway. You should remember that small things done correctly overtime can help you lose weight quickly and help you keep it off which is equally important.
Whenever I start sex with my husband like kiss oral sex or breast suck my vagina is very wet & I lost my virginity 4 month ago nw problem is whenever I sex with he m feel very painful and vagina wet problem what should I do? Give me advice n treatment?
My period date is 11 feb. I am taking regestrone on 17 feb to 19 feb. My pregnancy test is negative but missed my period. So how would I know that I am pregnant or not. I am very tensed if I am pregnant and this tablet effect to the baby. Pls give me suggestion.
Hello, I had unprotected sex last month's 18th! My partner is having some symptoms like drowsiness and pukish! But she had her periods 1 week back and it lasted for 3 days! Is is possible for her to be pregnant?
Hi.I just wished to know that as I went through an ultrasound scan and got to know that I ovulated on 16th and had unprotected sex those days. I was expecting my date nearby 24th and it's three days above. Even I get tired very easily and felt cramp like I do usually during periods but when I checked out there was a white discharge. I don't have symptoms like spotting or morning sickness. So I want to know am I pregnant or periods are going to come?
What you will find here
What is this condition?
Why do your ears get blocked in an Aeroplane?
Who is more likely to get Aeroplane Ear?
What can you do during the flight to prevent blocked ear?
How can you prevent very young children from getting aeroplane ear?
How can you unblock your ears after the Flight?
When should you visit a Doctor?
What is Aeroplane Ear?
Pain in the ear, popping ear, blocked ear during air travel is the most common medical problem faced by flyers. Aeroplane ear is the better known name for Barotitis media or Aerotitis media. Aeroplane ear or Barotitis media is the condition where there occurs damage to the ear due to difficulty in adjustment of the air pressure between Middle ear and External ear
Why do your ears get blocked in an Aeroplane?
I have to go into a bit of physics for a proper explanation. Please excuse the science Lecture! As you know according to Boyle’s Law : The pressure and the volume of an enclosed mass o gas are inversely proportional. When the plane rises in the air, there is a progressive decrease in air/atmospheric pressure. Basically at 18,000 ft above sea level, the air pressure is half that at sea level.During the rise through the atmosphere , as the pressure falls ,a particular mass of air in an elastic structure expands .Similarly during descent, the air contracts and the volume of cash decreases.
So what happens in the ear during Flying?
Imagine your ear is made up of 3 rooms.The outermost part of the ear which connects the entryway with the other rooms is the external ear.This is the part involving your ear canal. The ear drum separates your external ear from the middle ear, where the small bones (malleus, incus, stapes), which help transmit sound live.The ear drum is somewhat flexible and can move with change in volume of air in the middle ear. Two windows oval window (covered by stapes footplate) and round window (covered by round window membrane) connect your middle ear and the inner ear.
The inner ear has your hearing and balance apparatus It’s called the labyrinth. A tube connects your middle ear with the part of your oral cavity behind the nose (nasopharynx) .It’s called the Eustachian tube.Easily the most important structure which helps keep up the normal air volume inside your middle ear. It’s through your Eustachian tube that air enters or exits to equalise air pressure between outside atmosphere and your middle ear.
What happens during Ascent?
Air pressure outside falls. Middle ear pressure falls. Air in your middle ear expands (following Boyle law) This excess air pushes the tympanic membrane outwards to its natural limit.This is normally followed by escape of air through your Eustachian tube. Movement of the ear drum may be restricted due to scarring (previous infection).This may cause ear pain during ascent.
What happens during Descent?
Air pressure outside rises. Middle ear pressure rises. Air in your middle contracts and volume decreases (Boyle law). The ear drum moves inwards. (retraction). The opening of your Eustachian tube must be opened to allow air from the nasopharynx to enter and adjust the volume.The Eustachian tube will open with swallowing movement. If this mechanism fails (if you fall asleep, or have a cold), or is delayed, the increasing pressure difference closes the naspharyngeal end of Eustachian tube.When the pressure difference is more than 90 mm,Hg, your tubal dilator muscles are unable to open the Eustachian tube and it stays locked.The ear then feels blocked.
Barotrauma occurs during flying due to:
1) Very rapid air pressure changes.Sudden ascent/descent. 2) Blocked Eustachian tube.
It may also occur in:
Hyperbaric oxygen chamber
Decompression and compression chambers
Who is more likely to get Aeroplane Ear?
Anybody who has some nasal or Nasopharyngeal problem which blocks the Eustachian tube.
Acute infection in the nose.
Chronic infection in the nose
Malformation of nose
Sleeping during ascent or descent
Small narrow Eustachian tube; infants toddlers.
How will you know whether you are developing aeroplane ear?
Symptoms ( most common)
Discomfort in the ear
Ear Muffled hearing
Blocked ear/fullness of ear
Excruciating pain in ear
Severely blocked ear
Ringing, buzzing sound in ear (Tinnitus)
Severe Hearing loss
Spinning sensation (Vertigo)
Bleeding from ear
If you have any of the severe problems.Or if the symptoms persist even after …..hours “check..
What will your doctor See?
An ENT surgeon may do an otoscopic examinations to see your ear drum.
Signs on otoscopy:
Invaginated/retracted ear drum
Congested ear drum
Solitary or multiple blood filled blisters on your ear drum
Signs of serous otitis media
Ruptured ear drum, with blood clot.
Otoendoscopy may also be done where you will also be able to see these findings along with your doctor.
Are there any long term complications ?
Rarely the ringing sound in ear or tinnitus may be permanent.
If inner ear barotrauma occurs hearing loss may not improve
What other tests can you do?
Pure tone audiometry; to check your hearing and rule out inner ear barotrauma Tympanometry:To check the air pressure in the middle ear.and find out if there is any fluid.
Aeroplane ear:How to prevent it during flights
Don’t fall asleep during flying, specially during ascent or descent.
Avoid flying if you are having a severe cold.If emergency then use a Nasal decongestant spray just before takeoff and landing.Also take a decongestant orally, before getting on the .Dont use over the counter sprays .They may cause even more problem in the long run.
Take plenty of chewing gum so that you can actively help in Eustachian tube opening during flight.The chewing and swallowing movement helps to open Eustachian tube.
Try Valsalva maneuvre.This is a pressure equalizing technique which helps to pop the ear.You can try this if repeated swallowing and yawning doesn’t help.
Pinch your nostril, take a mouthful of air,close your mouth and try to gently direct the air into the back of your nose.Imagine you are trying to blow your nose gently. You should feel a pressure buildup.But do not let the air out.If you hear a pop you will know the ear is unblocked.
What can young children do to prevent aeroplane ear?
Very young children have difficulty during fflying.Often you will find them irritable crabby , pulling at their ears and may also cry incessantly. This is because the Eustachian tube in infants and very young children are not mature enough to handle the extreme change in pressure.
But you can help them too.
Dont let them fall asleep.
Play with them.
Carry a few pacifiers so that the suck and swallow reflex constantly works.
Talk to your baby doctor whether a decongestant oral medicine is advice able for your child.
A plain saline nasal drop given just before take off and landing helps to increase the swallowing movement and equalise pressure effectively.
What can you do to unblock the ear post flight?
Continue the Valsalva maneuvre/pressure equalizing technique
Normally it’s self healing and gets better within a few hours to few days.
If symptoms are uncomfortable and persists , or the ear doesn’t pop you should visit a doctor specialised in ear diseases
If your nose is blocked , avoid forceful nose blowing and take steam through your nose.This helps to relieve nasal congestion and open up the Eustachian tube.
What your doctor may advice?
Nasal spray; decongestants/steroids
Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs for relieving pain
Once medication have improved Eustachian tube function Valsalva maneuver helps to force open the blocked tube.. Surgery is rarely needed.
If fluid in the middle ear persists even after 3 months myringotomy (incision in the ear drum) is done to drain the fluid.
If the perforation in ear drum does not improve after 3 months tympanoplasty to repair the ear drum may be needed. I hope next time you are flying you will be carrying some chewing gum or hard candy with you.
Write to me at email@example.com or comment below to let me know how your ears fared this time.