Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja GYour feedback matters!
Quinoa is considered to be one of the world's healthiest foods. It is gluten free and high in protein. It is among the few plants which contain all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also rich in fiber, iron, potassium, phosphorus, Vitamin E, vitamin B and other beneficial antioxidants.
Here are 11 health benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa comes in red, white and black colors. It is an edible seed and becoming very trendy among the people who are health conscious. It is loaded with the richness of many important nutrients.
- There are many trace nutrients present which are very healthy for the body. These include flavonoids which are basically the plant antioxidants which have beneficial effects on the health. Quercetin and Kaempferol are flavonoids and are found in large amounts in quinoa. Both these molecules have anti viral, anti inflammatory, anti cancer and anti depressants effects.
- Very high in fiber, much higher than most grains: It is high in fiber, but boiled quinoa has less fiber in it as it is absorbed by the water. It has almost 17-27 grams of fiber per cup.
- Gluten-free and perfect for people with gluten intolerance: A gluten free diet is considered to be healthy as long as the starches are not refined as this causes a problem. If gluten foods with refined sugars are consumed they are equal to consuming junk food. Quinoa is a natural gluten free product and is used in gluten free recipes. This increases the nutrient value and the antioxidants of the gluten diet.
- Amino acids make up the protein. Some of these amino acids are known as essential as we need to get them through diet. Many plant foods are deficient in some essential amino acids like lysine. But quinoa is an exception, as it contains all the nine amino acids.
- The glycemic index is usually done to measure the blood sugar levels. On eating foods high in glycemic index, it can stimulate the hunger and leads to obesity. The glycemic index of quinoa is 53 which is low.
- Certain nutrients like magnesium, potassium, zinc and (for women) irons go missing from the diet. Quinoa is very high in all these minerals, especially magnesium.
- Quinoa can lower blood sugar and triglyceride levels thus improving metabolic health.
- Quinoa appears to be very high in antioxidants, which are increased even further after the seeds are sprouted.
- Helps in losing weight as quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index.
- Quinoa is very easy to include in diet.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am getting married in next month. I have a doubt that is blow job causes pregnancy? Is it safe and recommend?
What are Symptom in first month of pregnancy how can we physically identify in first month that a women is pregnant.
Sir doc said to me .ivf is not successful because fluid discharge in tube and wash out the ivf procedure. Doc what can I do. I don't want surgery.
I had undergone abortion in the month of August. Will the USG of whole abdomen will show the signs of my pregnancy or abortion?
Impact of sexually transmitted infections on women health:
Stis are sexually transmitted infections that are globally becoming more common. Every year millions of stis are passed from person to person primarily through sexual contact. This is undoubtedly because more and more people are having sex, often with different partners, and aren't taking the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections.
There are so many different types of diseases that can be spread by touching, oral sex, penetrative sex, sharing needles or even through child birth, so you need to be so careful when having sex that you avoid ever contracting this type of disease. Most stis are curable with medication; however some, like hiv, can never be cured. Additionally, not all stis carry noticeable symptoms so you could have a sexually transmitted infection and not even know you've got it. This is why it's so crucial to get yourself checked out at a sexual health clinic if you are sexually active, to make sure that you don't have any nasty infections.
The organisms that cause the diseases usually enter the body through open membranes, such as the vagina, anus or mouth. Stis can be caught through intimate contact with someone, especially through anal, vaginal or oral sex, however some are also transmitted without sexual activity.
Chlamydia: an extremely common and fast spreading sexually transmitted infection. Unfortunately, many people (especially females) have no symptoms at all, so it's often difficult to detect. Men often experience more symptoms than women, however this is not always the case. Chlamydia is particularly dangerous if left untreated as it can cause infertility in women, so it's so important to get yourself checked even if you haven't experience any symptoms.
Gonorrhoea: gonorrhoea is caused by a bacterium that grows and multiplies very quickly in moist areas of the body such as the cervix, urethra, mouth or rectum. For women, the cervix is the most common site of infection. The disease can also spread to the fallopian tubes in a woman and other genital organs, which can cause conditions such as pelvic inflammatory disease that may also lead to infertility. It is most commonly spread through genital contact, however it can also be passed through oral sex and if a mother is infected she can easily pass it to her new-born infant during delivery.
Genital herpes: genital herpes is a highly contagious condition caused by the herpes virus. It infects the skin and membranes around the genitals, but it can also appear around the mouth, especially on the lips. It is transmitted generally through physical or sexual contact. Often you can have the virus, but not show symptoms. Symptoms usually include spots around your genitals or mouth.
Hiv and aids: aids is a potentially lethal disease that is caused by the hiv virus. Hiv invades and destroys the immune system, which protects the body from infection. This means that a person who carries the hiv virus is easily prone to catch many different illnesses, and may die from diseases that are harmless to healthy people, such as a cold or a cough. Hiv can be transmitted not only through sexual activity, but also by sharing needles or having blood contact with someone who has the disease.
Genital warts- warts are caused by the hpv virus, and are often not detected straight after you have transmitted the disease. Many months can pass from the time of infection to the actual development of warts, so it may be very difficult to determine whom you got them from. They can easily be treated by cream from the doctor.
Syphilis: if left untreated, syphilis is a dangerous and life-threatening disease. It is passed on through intercourse and almost all other forms of sexual interaction, including anal sex. The first symptom often appears between 9-90 days after exposure to the germ that causes it, and a small lump develops at the site of infection that soon breaks down to form an ulcer; usually painless. There is a secondary stage (characterised by fever, rashes and throat ulcers) and a tertiary stage, in which the germ may attack the brain and other organs and may cause death.
In order to avoid catching a sexually transmitted disease, there are a few things to bear in mind:
The fewer sexual partners you have, the lower your risk of infection;
Most sexually transmitted diseases can be avoided by practicing safe sex (using condoms);
You should avoid from having casual sex, as this increases your risk of coming into contact with an sti;
Both you and your partner should always get tested at a sexual health clinic before engaging in condom-free sex (using the pill is only a preventative against pregnancies); there is nothing wrong with getting tested at a sexual health clinic, as it's always better to be safe than sorry.
My wife age is 24, she safer from stomach pain when periods time to much she safer 3 or 4 days Please help me.
I am 6 month pregnant. 1/6/1016 my weight was 70 kg and now my weight is 77 kg. And my doctor give me b.p tablet but I am little confuse, my b.p is normal so why she give me b.p tablet.
I have done unprotected sex with my gf on 28/10/16 just after her periods ended and gave her unwanted 72 pill but now after one week she is having small amount of regular bleeding. Three days have been passed but the bleeding is still going on. I do not want her to be pregnant.
Is it safe to take vitamin d supplement (uprise d3) in first trimester of pregnancy. I was on supplement before pregnancy also due to low level of vitamin d.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife is just 18. And I am 21. M jaan na chahta hu ki kya pet me dard hone par aur baar baar ultiya aane ka mtlb pregnant ho skti h kya aur abi period aane me 13 din hn kya hum pregnancy test kar skte hn and also give me 1 advice for I do not wanna be father in this age still I am a student.
Respected Sir this is to inform you that I am having benign fibroadenoma sice 2 years and on may 2016 I again did thoroughly check up and I did biopsy too. Result came negative like before. And size is 2 cm. Since two years the tumor is not growing. No discomfort is there but if pressed pain in there. No family history of fibroadenoma. Actually I was having irregular periods and I took medicine for 5 years primolut tablet, now it's been a year I have stopped medicine. Fibroadenoma will increase the chances of breast cancer. If I will not remove the tumor in lifetime what will happen. If surgery has to be done at what age I have to do ? Right now I am 24 and I am married. What will be the best option sir?
Dear doctor. My wife' s age is 25. Her haemoglobin level is 8%. So whether this level is ok for her or she should raise this level. Even her weight is 45 kg and her height is 5' 4. Please suggest
My wife has AB- blood Group. She is currently 5th week pregnant. She suddenly started bleeding and Doctor gave injection of NTD stating she has AB- blood group. Now Doctor has started giving HCG 5000 fertigyn injection on every 5th day. Heartbeat not yet came in fetal. My question is " is this proper treatment? And In which week Heartbeat will come?
I have sex one person without condom I do not no she have hiv or not I did checkup after 1 month it come negative my questions is it is possible to come hiv after long time.
I am 32 years old and I had a miscarriage in April, 2016. I have 31 days cycle and now we are TTC and tried every alternate day from CD10 to CD21. I did a pregnancy test after 2 days of my missed periods, but it turned out to be negative. My periods are normal and I do not have any PMS. Is there any chance that I am pregnant? If so when I can test? I was told to try after 3-6 months of the miscarriage. We could not try because of other problems. Is there any chance of infertility or other problem? Please answer.
M trying to conceive from last 4 months. My periods are regular. My reports are normal but still not able to conceive this month too. What should I do?
1. Find the right time to talk, Talking to your partner, avoid criticizing, confide in your partner the changes in your body, be honest don't fake an orgasm!
2. Educate yourself, give yourself some time, as we age our sexual responses slow down our partner can help by setting up a free calm setting for love making. Also u under the physical changes in your body means you will take more time to get aroused,
3. Use lubrication which are water based.
4. Maintain physical intimacy by hugging, cuddling, kissing even if you do not have sex, it helps in physical and Mental bonding to grown stronger.
5. Practice touching that's what sensate focus is all about using your senses of touch, smell, hearing, sight, and talking, you can give and receive feedback as to which touch is more pleasurable to you.
6. Try different positions for change and adventure.
7. Write down your fantasies and enact them if you are too shy email them to your partner
8. Strengthen your pelvic muscles by doing kegel exercises, to enjoy sex more.
9. Try to relax before coitus, like go for dinner or watch a movie together
10. Maintaining good health, yr sexual well being goes hand in hand with your physical, mental, emotional well being therefore the same habits will keep your sexual life in top shape should you take care of your health.
11. Don't smoke as it leads to peripheral vascular disorder which affect blood flow to the penis and clitoris.
12. Use alcohol in moderation too much alcohol will kill the performance but gives desire.
13. Eat right as it keeps you in shape and Away from cardiovascular disorder, cholesterol etc, keep your body image positive and increases the libido.
14. Use your genitals or loose it, its as simple as that
15. Be sexual, be adventurous, be creative, be playful leave notes in your partner pockets and purses, send flirty tests
16. Most importantly be Romantic, the most important tool that your armed with is your attitude sexuality. Armed with good information and positive outlook you will be able to