Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja GYour feedback matters!
Trying to conceive since more than 6 months, but no hope. My doc told me to do the HSG test. Today, I had a HSG test, but feeling big cramping even after 12 hours after the test, though doc said that everything is fine. Is this normal -the severe pain? If so, how long I have to bear this pain and after how many days, intercourse can b started?
On 29 Oct ,2016 I go through a cesarean section n delivered a baby. From that day my periods (Bleeding) started and continue till now. Is it normal? I want to know maximum how many days it will take to stop?
Hi I am about to plan for a baby and I have thyroid since I got married fr 2 years now. My age is27. Will there be any problem due to thyroid?
My wife's period not started after delivery (c section) have passed 7months. My child is fully depending upon breastfeeding.
I am married in 3 month, my previous period date is 06/02/2016. But till the date I have no period, so please help me, I couldn't give a baby in this time,
Hello doctor! My vagina s itching for past 4 days .im frequently urinating. Pls Tel solution Is der any problem in?
Dear sir i am married on april 19 my wife dated april 24, I m tried to sex on fertile period. But she not pregenent now dated on may 26, she told me my mences period is 24 days. My q is 1. Why my wife didnot pregenent. 2. Which d best fertile peiod on 24 days cycle please reply sir.
Hi Doc, me & my wife are trying for baby from past few months we learnt about ovulation and planned our intercourse accordingly. My wife had her periods this month by few days late (her period occurred on 30th day) I.e. 12th October it lasted for 5 days we gained the knowledge that my wife ovulate somewhere between 14-16th day of the cycle then recognised that she ovulated 28th Oct. We had sex from 17th Oct till 30th Oct. Her period will start this month Nov between 9-12th, she always gets pimples before her periods even now could see lots of pimples on her face is this the sign of periods approaching. Will she get pregnant this cycle done my best in baby dance. Only if she misses her periods shes pregnant & is it OK to do house hold work as she has lots to do end of the day she's exhausted.
Mai bahut patli hu kya karu achhe health ke liye doctor gave me Avery sure itable suggested me please give me some medicine too.
Precautions to be taken before 1st time sex n should I use condom and how to know whether girl is virgin or not.
Hi. I am 12 weeks pregnant. My doc advice me to take SeaCod Liver Oil Capsules from now till the end of pregnancy. Is it safe to take these Capsules?
Hi I am married female trying to conceive I have 26-30 days cycle and I do bleed for 3 days with clots but this month I started my period on 29 th day with only clots with some pink discharge for 1.5 day and then stopped today is my fifth day of new cycle I took tsh test which was 0.3 and hemoglobin is 12.9 So what would be the reason to happen like this which never happened before for me whether this will affect my pregnancy and what precautions can I take it for this cycle to get pregnant?
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.