Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. ShahjahanYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 year old male. I had a spots injury in the heel (back side of the heel - matches the symptoms of plantar fasciitis injury) . First few steps after long rest gets a severe pain on heel , pain calf muscle stretch.
Hi sir. at the time of playing cricket I got break my acl ligament is their is any solution to joint this acl ligament without surgery can you please tell me.?
I am suffering with parkinson/right hand shivering and with left knee pain. Pl suggest remedies. I am 70 years old. Widower.
I have a pain on my calf (leg) when I sleep at night. My calf is stuk up and one round ball become forms. Terrible pain. After rubbing vigoursly pain resolves.
Ossteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, affects almost everyone. It occurs when the protective cartilage wear off. Although osteoarthritis can damage any joint in your body, the disorder most commonly affects joints in your hands, knees, hips and spine. There is no Cure for Osteoarthritis. But staying active, maintaining a healthy weight and other treatments may slow progression of the disease and help improve pain and joint function.
Osteoarthritis symptoms often develop slowly and worsen over time. Signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
2) Tenderness. Light pressure gives pain.
4) Loss of flexibility
5) Grating sensation
6) Bone spurs. These extra bits of bone, which feel like hard lumps, may form around the affected joint.
Osteoarthritis occurs when the cartilage that cushions the ends of bones in your joints gradually deteriorates. Cartilage is a firm, slippery tissue that permits nearly frictionless joint motion. In osteoarthritis, the slick surface of the cartilage becomes rough. Eventually, if the cartilage wears down completely, you may be left with bone rubbing on bone.
Factors increase risk of osteoarthritis include:
1) Older age. The risk of osteoarthritis increases with age.
2) Sex. Women are more likely to develop osteoarthritis, though it isn't clear why.
3) Obesity. Carrying extra body weight contributes to osteoarthritis in several ways. It puts added stress on weight-bearing joints, such as your hips and knees. In addition, fat tissue produces proteins that may cause harmful inflammation in and around your joints.
4) Joint injuries. Injuries, such as those that occur when playing sports or from an accident, may increase the risk of osteoarthritis.
5) Certain occupations. If your job includes tasks that place repetitive stress on a particular joint, that joint may eventually develop osteoarthritis.
6) Genetics. Some people inherit a tendency to develop osteoarthritis.
7) Bone deformities. Some people are born with malformed joints or defective cartilage, which can increase the risk of osteoarthritis.
8) Other diseases. Having diabetes or other rheumatic diseases such as gout and rheumatoid arthritis can increase your risk of osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease that worsens over time. Joint pain and stiffness may become severe enough to make daily tasks difficult. Some people are no longer able to work. When joint pain is this severe, doctors may suggest joint replacement surgery.
Tests and diagnosis
Clinical Examination, X Rays and Blood tests.
Treatments and drugs
b. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
a. Physical therapy.
b. Occupational therapy.
c. Braces or shoe inserts.
d. A chronic pain class – Training in group
3) Surgical and other procedures
a. Cortisone shots.
b. Lubrication injections.
c. Realigning bones.
d. Joint replacement.
4) Lifestyle and home remedies
b. Lose weight.
c. Use heat and cold to manage pain.
d. Apply over-the-counter pain creams.
e. Use assistive devices.
5) Alternative medicine (I do not believe but people use)
b. Glucosamine and chondroitin.
c. Avocado-soybean unsaponifiables.
d. Tai chi and yoga.
Sir I have problem of uric acid and my uric acid level is 9.8% and I have joint pain in my wrist I have tried many ayurvedic medicines but no use please help me.
I am gaining weight after hysterectomy. Suggest me simple ways to control weight and maintain health. I am undergoing treatment for knee pain too.
My MRI report is Minimal knee effusion Partial tear of pcl Low grade injury in acl My MRI report is Grade 2 medical signal (intrasubtance meniscus tear) in posterior horn of medial meniscus in right knee. So what treatment for it.
I am suffering from left knee pain about few months. I tried to solve this problem for few times but no action is satisfied for me. please hlep me to solve this problem.
I'm 29 years old, working women, working as HR from past 4 years. I have savior back neck down part pain, it is there for 6 months. Can not turn my neck left or right, and also the pain passes to my both hands. regular on left hand shoulder pain. Should I consult a ortho doctor?
Hello sir I am 51 year old married woman I have right hand swelling problem from last one days what should I do please tell me doctor.
I have moderate pain in my right knee in only summer season. Also hearing mild cracking sound on sudden movement?
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.