Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shafikur RehanYour feedback matters!
Sir my age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. Sir from 8 month I am having numbness and tingling in whole body. Excessive haur growth on whole body except beard part as I have very less hair on face only on moustache and chin. Excessive hair growth on eyebrows and head hair too. Chest and abdomen enlargement. Frequent urination and more frequency of urination along with dark coloured and smelly urine. Abdominal pain even on eating and left half head shooting pain from backside. Hig bp 150/100. Sir my problems are increasing day by day .no medicines are working on me. My vitamin d level in body is decreasing day by day. 4 month ago it was 113 now it is 70 .even I used to go in sunlight and my diet is normal. Only I am eating only 1 chappati at a time due to abdominal pain. Sir I was suspecting of adrenal gland cancer so I had 2 ultrasound of abdomen 6 month ago. It came normal with right renal cortical cyst. As I am noticing reduction in my testicle size so I went to endocrinologist .sir he ordered my total testosterone serum which came 2.59 ng/ml. Cbc was normal. Lipid profile was normal. Potassium was 4.98.sugar fasting was 97. Sir do I can still have chance of adrenal gland cancer?
My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago, with stage1 (2.2cm). Her nodes were clean. After complete breast surgery she was given chemo. Now at the same time, there was a lump of 5 mm on lower left lung which has now grown to 1.1cm. Doctor has taken that out now. Now the histopathology of the tissue is concluded at metastatic breast cancer. My question if the old tumor was removed at a stage 1, how come it had spread to lung? Metastatic takes place in stage3 /4. Is it possible the biopsy is wrong? What should we do here?
What is the remedy if the prostate glans got enlarged and galbladder stone of 20mm in urine bladder?
I am 64 of age My prostate has enlarged 4.2x 7.2x5.7 , there no urication problem flow of urine is good without brake, there is no pain before or after urication . Dr. Has prescribed Dutas but am afraid of its side effects and taking Prostonum Drops of Homoeopathic Medicine thrice a day. And wish to go with Homoeopathic only, is it right to continue Prostonum, which I have started 5 days ago only. Kindly favour with yr esteemed opinion. Waiting your valuable response please
I am 19 And feeling little heaviness in my throat I think it is cough. But it's not out while coughing. When I cough it feel very dry and during breathing it feels like something is stuck I used various home remedies like Steam Ginger Salt water gargle But it Didn't work. I think the reason would be because of smoking or drinking I have just stopped the smoking. Otherwise I use to smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day. But I have stopped it because of this. From past few weeks I was taking drink like whisky. Whiskey was taken twice or sometime thrice a week.. My whole lungs are clean. The only thing is I am feeling roughness in my neck And its not getting clean since a 4 days. What should I do no. And also a basketball player. So I use to run 5 km a day And a Normal light weight training. I need a advice what should I do. And one thing more. Does 5 months of smoking leads to any type of cancer in my body?. Lungs cancer or voice box cancer. Please help me. thanks.
Cervical cancer is a kind of cancer that develops in the cervix of a woman. Cervix an an area between the uterus and vagina. It is preventable if diagnosed in early stages. Going for regular pap tests and taking a HPV vaccine can significantly lower the risk of cervical cancer. These symptoms include abnormal bleeding between menstrual periods, low back and lower abdominal pain, postcoital bleeding and strange smelling discharge. If not diagnosed in time, it can be life-threatening and requires intense treatment.
- Prevention of cervical cancer: There is usually no certain way of preventing cervical cancer, but by following a number of practices there is a possibility that you can prevent it. There are 3 major ways of prevention of cervical cancer, which include the following:
- Safe sex: Major cases of cervical cancer are caused due to an infection by a virus known as human papillomavirus or HPV. This virus is usually transmitted by sexual means and having unprotected sex might leave you at the risk of getting infected by this virus during the sexual intercourse. You should practice safe sex using protection such as condoms. This reduces your chances of being infected by the virus. This virus is transmitted via all types of sexual contact, which includes skin contact between the genitals. People who have unprotected sex with multiple sexual partners are at an increased risk of getting cervical cancer due to the HPV virus.
- Cervical screening and vaccination: Having a cervical screening or pap smear test on a regular basis is an efficient way to detect abnormal changes in the cervix cells, at a very early stage. Even if you are being vaccinated for the HPV virus, cervical screening is essential as the vaccines against HPV virus are not always successful in providing protection from cervical cancer. If you had been previously treated for abnormal changes in the cervix cells, you should undertake more frequent screening tests. The regularity of undergoing cervical screening depends on the severity of the cell change. You should report any symptom you experience in spite of having regular cervical screening. Several vaccines are used for protection from HPV infections.
- Avoid smoking: You can prevent the chances of having cervical cancer by giving up smoking. In case of smokers, it is more difficult to eliminate the HPV infection from the body, and the chances of cervical cancer get enhanced. You can undertake various measures in order to quit smoking and prescribed medicines can be used to treat withdrawal symptoms.
Cervical cancer causes great strain on the body and it may spread all over the pelvic region. In some cases, distant tissues are also affected by cervical cancer. You should consult a doctor immediately after experiencing any symptom of cervical cancer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
It can be frustrating suffering from enlarged prostate. When you are suffering from the condition one thing for sure is that you need to make a number of changes in your life. Some of these changes include:
Reduce your fluid intake
To reduce the number of times that you have to go to the bathroom, you need to reduce your fluid intake. As rule of thumb, you shouldn't take any water before going to bed. You also shouldn't take coffee or beer before going to bed. Even when you avoid the fluids it's common to feel the urge to urinate. When you are in the bathroom, you should try "double voiding." This is where you urinate, relax, then wait for a moment then resume your urination. Doing this ensures that you empty your bladder at once thus not requiring you to go to the bathroom a second time.
Cold weather is attributed to the need for regular urination. You should keep your house warm. You do this by staying warm. Ensure that your house is warm by installing furnaces and other heating units. Also, avoid regularly going out at night in cold weather.
Watch the food that you eat:
Experts report that the food you take can make or break your prostate. When you are suffering from enlarged prostate you need to avoid the food that would worsen the condition. Some of the food you need to stay away from include:
Red meat and processed meat: Meat that isn't properly done has been shown to contain high levels of heterocyclic amines that are carcinogenic and worsen your enlarged prostate. To be on the safe side you should avoid foods such as sausage, beef, hot dogs, lunch meats, pork, and others.
Daily and calcium: A research study published by the Journal of nutrition, drinking whole milk increases the progression of fatal prostate cancer. To keep your condition in check you should avoid taking plenty of milk. If you have to take it, you should stick to fat-free milk. To be on the safe side you should take salmon, sesame seeds, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, tofu, and vegetables.
Engage in exercises
If you have never exercised before, now it's the time to start as experts have reported that doing so relieves nervousness thus you are able to urinate without any problems. Exercising also relieves stress. The cool thing is that you don't have to engage in strenuous exercises to reap the benefits. Simple exercises such as walking are enough.
I am 30 years old and I am suffering from prostate gland pain can you suggest any doctor whom to see Sir, I have few symptoms like pain while traveling in bike, while standing for long time, its paining while ejection while intercourse, main symptoms is when I go to motion transparent white color jelly type thing is discharged, when the pain is high urination also stuff whenever I take any antibiotic like meftal spas are dolo next day there is no pain. Please help.
My mother is 60 years old, I want to check for cancer of any type for her, she is not capable of sustaining gastroscopy, is there any test available to check for cancer other than gastroscopy. She is suffering from acidity a lot.
I am 54 years old and feeling low for the last few days and unable to speak freely. Are these signs of some type of cancer or depression?
I want to built up body and increase muscle tones, last 5 years was very drastic for me because in 2010 I was diagnosed in case of blood cancer and due to this my immune system is very low but now the case of blood cancer has resolved but the still remain the same. I want to make my body fit and muscular. What should you suggest me do or which supplement you provide for this? Please take this matter very seriously and its a great request from you to help me. Thank you!
Sir/madam my mother hemoglobin is 10.4gm% n polymorph 18%. How to increase hemoglobin and polymorph. Which diet should be followed? N she's complete chemotherapy n radiation for breast cancer and which diet she's follwes please tell me to increase hemoglobin n polymorph.
Today is the WORLD CANCER DAY and the theme of this year is "We can, I can".... Yes we all can battle the cancer. But the irony is that majority of women ignore early signs and symptoms of cancer and do not consult doctors in time. And even some of these cancers are preventable if proper action is taken.
- What will you do if you feel gaseous distension (gas, bloating), acidity, constipation, change in bowel habit, decreased appetite, feeling of full stomach, weight loss and abdominal swellling? Majority of the women ignore these symptoms and take antacids before it is too late. But these are often symptoms of early ovarian cancer and thus if you ignore these symptoms, you are harming yourself. Ovarian cancer is difficult to treat if detected at late stage. But in early stage, it is curable. So, don't ignore these symptoms.
- Who are the women at risk of ovarian cancer- women who are not having baby, who themselves or close relatives (sister/ mother/ daughter) had history of cancer in breast/ ovary/ bowel/ uterus etc. But some women are at lower risk like those using Oral Contraceptive Pills- OCP(- the birth control pills can reduce the risk by 50%) and who had tubal ligation (permanent family lanning methods).
- If you had such risk factors, you must not avoid any such above mentioned symptoms. Rather you should consult gynecologist early. Ovarian cancer can be detected by ultrasound, CT scan, some blood tests (CA 125) and some cases biopsy may be needed. And remember, majority of the ovarian diseases are NOT cancer but you must be sure that it's not cancer causing your problem.
- If ovarian cancer is diagnosed, the treatment is surgery (to be done by expert personnels) and most of the women need chemotherapy.
- Ovarian cancer is common in elderly women but it can afect younger women also. So, all the women should take care of the above mentioned symptoms
Cancer of Cervix: Cervix is the mouth of the terus. In our country, this is the COMMONEST CANCER in GYNAECOLOGY affecting women whereas it is uncommon in the Western countries. The irony is that women die of this disease whereas it is TOTALLY PREVENTABLE
- It is caused by a virus (human papilloma virus- HPV) that is sexually transmitted (so afects sexually active women). But it has a peculiar feature that before cancer actually occurs, there is precancerous stage- when the cells of cervix shows some changes that we can detect and treat. So, if women regularly consult doctor (WHEN THEY DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS), we can check if she is at risk of cervical cancer or not, by some simple tests (Pap Smear, HPV testing etc). Is such changes are found (that is not cancer) we can treat her so that she does not develop cancer. These method of detection, before disease occurs or before an individual feels that she is having disease, is called "Screening".
- Another method of preventing it is vaccination of HPV, that should be given to the adolescent girls before they become sexually active. Even it can be given in older women (who are sexually active), although the response is somehow lower than if given at early age. But vaccination is not alternative to screening. SO, both screening and vaccination should be done to prevent this cancer.
- Even if detected at early stage, it is totally curable. So, women should not ignore symptoms of excessive vaginal discharge (remember, all excessive discharges are not due to cancer), abnormal or heavy menstrual bleeding, bleeding occuring unredictably in between menstrualtion, bleeding after intercourse etc.
- It is treated by surgery and some cases may need radiation also.
Cancer of uterus
- Cancer of uterus is common after 50 years of age (although can occur at early years also). It is the commonest gynaecological cancer in the Western World. It mainly occurs in women who are obese (excessive weight), having diabetes or hypertension (high blood pressure), not having any baby, who are having personal or family history of cancer in uterus/ breast/ ovary/ bowel.
- It can be prevented by taking OCP (birth control pils) and controlling weight. In many cases, it is also preceeded by some precancerous changes (hyperplasia) that can be detected by ultrasonography and if needed small biopsy procedure.
- The common symptoms are abnormal heavy bleeding and bleeding after attaining menopause (after totall stoppage of menses). So, any abnormal menstrual bleeding must be properly investigated.
- It is usually well curable if treated early- by surgery and in few cases, may need radiation, chemo or hormone therapy.
Cancer of Vulva: The external genitalia of female is known as vulva. Cancer in vulva is relatively uncommon but still it can happen, especially those who are having diabetes, HIV positive or those having poor hygiene.
- Never ignore any symptoms of excessive itching in your private parts. It may be the early symptom of vulval cancer. Some cases, patient may have ulcer or tumour or bleeding.
- It can be detected easily by examination by doctor and then taking biopsy. It is treated well with surgery and some cases, radiation may be needed.
Sumary: Majority of the gynaecological cacers are preventable. They can be diagnosed early if women consult doctor at early stage. Majority of them respond to treatment.