Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shabina HabibiYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I have knee pain from last night, when I am walking the knee pain start. Will you please conclude what happen? Without any injury how it pains. Will you pls give me medicine or any work out.
I am 75 years old. I am asked to take Diacerein and Glucosamine tablets twice daily for my Knee arthritis. Is it OK?
My mom is suffering pain in his left knee from last 2 months .she is unable to walk properly now. Tell me sir what to do.
My TSH and Anti TPO level is very high. I am in regular practice of running since last 1 month. But I feel tiredness in my legs specially in knee. Now I can't run from last 2days. Tsh is 34.63 uIU/ml and Anti tpo is 1895.20 IU/ml.
Hi, my mother is 65 yrs old from last one year she is suffering from knee pain her knee bone is increase little bit due to which she was unable to walk, sit properly so please give me some advice what to do ?
Please prescribe medicine for authorities in knee considering the liquid formation. I am doing regular exercise and attending physiotherapy in break span. Please advice .
I met with a motorcycle accident 1 1/2 years back in which I hurt my right knee. Now for the last two months I have a slight swelling on the knee and I have shifting pain which at times is around the knee or in the muscle on the lower back side of leg.
He is 68 with knee joint bone calcium decrease and can't walk steadily having type 2 diabetes. Range 200 pp with proper medication in which way should we move in limited financial capabilities.
I am 64. In April last I had fallen from my staircase & hurt my knee. I have undergone physiotherapy & Allopathic medicine treatment. Have pain in knee joint & left leg.Around 3am which disturbs sleep. Any Ayurvedic? Homeopathic medicine you can suggest to expedite recovery. Developed slight limp while walking as left knee still cant bear weight load. Taking 2 Gud Joint capsules & one Ashwagandha capsule a day. Weight only 65 kg but am diabetic.Using Ayurvedic oil also for massage.Do some medically suggested exercises also.Please advise further remedy.
1. I am 18 year old and sometime there I pain in different parts of my knee and leg but temporarily and usually after a long walk or workout. Please help? 2. There I an unusual feeling of pain in my chest near my heart or sometimes in arms?
I am 59 year old and suffering from knees pain last 6 month using sesame oil message please advise me treatment for permanent relief.
I am suffering from joint knee pain - left side for the last more than a month. No relief even with allopathic pain killer medicines. Please suggest a effective ayurvedic treatment long lasting.
Hi doctor. I have body pain from 3 Days. Specially right side. Bahot zyada pain hora back side and in knees.
I have pain in my knees. I'm regular morning walker. Should I stop morning walk or what kind of test should I do?
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.