Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shabana P
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shabana PYour feedback matters!
Hi I I'm a married girl. I'm using femilon medicine since last one year to prevent pregnancy. Let me Clear that these medicine are safe or not. Is there any side effect? I'm worried about side effects. I don't find any side effect till now.
The condition of uterine prolapse takes place when the floor muscles (and sometimes, ligaments) of the pelvis region gets stretched overly and then gradually weakens, thus becoming unable to provide adequate support to the uterus. This often leads to the protrusion or the slipping down of the uterus out of the vaginal opening. Though it can affect women of any age, it usually happens to women after menopause, especially those who have already had deliveries out of the vagina.
The weakening of the muscles in the pelvic region is the chief cause that leads to uterine prolapse. Other causes include:
- Natural estrogen loss, especially after menopause
- Gravity effects
- Supportive tissues of pregnancy and childbirth being damaged
- Constant straining over time
- Excessive smoking
- Improper weight - obesity or being overweight
There are a number of varieties of uterine prolapse, of varying severity. In case of moderate to severe uterine prolapse, the symptoms tend to be more pronounced and include a number of prominent symptoms.
- Protruding tissue from the vagina
- Problems in bowel regulation
- Increased lower back pains
- Increased urinary problems, such as leakage or increased retention
- Looseness in the vagina, which may affect your sex life
Usually, these are symptoms which become pronounced in the morning and eventually worsens through the course of the day.
The major risk factors that may increase the risk of being afflicted by uterine prolapse are:
- Multiple pregnancies
- Increasing age
- Past problems relating to the pelvis - including surgeries or accidents
- General weakness in tissues
- Frequently lifting heavy weights
Additionally, there are a number of conditions, such as chronic constipation, obesity or other pulmonary diseases, that may apply excess strain on tissues and muscles of the pelvic region, that accentuates your chances of being afflicted by uterine prolapse.
She had sex 6 days back on the same day of her periods she thinking tat she could be pregnant she was unmarried at present she does not want to be pregnant she was studying she just wants to continue her education she want to take medical abortion.
I haven't come on my period but been having sex for while now 2 weeks unprotected feel sick sometimes go WEE quite bit breasts swollen hurt and always hungry now so am I pregnant that's what trying find out as I thought when a bloke comes in a girl they become pregnant what fertile period got back ache as well.
I had sex with my relative she came to my home for vacation. As we both were sharing same bed. At midnight we were unable to control ourselves and had vaginal sex with her .her last date was 5th of this month. I gave her I pill .is it enough or should I take any other step? Her age is 17 years.
Hello Doctor, I am 28 weeks pregnant now. Yesterday I had a scan and after which doctor told that baby's AC is little lower. It is around 236 mm. She told that it is because of baby not getting enough nutrition and she prescribed to drink HERMIN ORAL (1 sachet everyday in one glass of water) until I go for next check up (15 days). When I google about HERMIN ORAL I read that it is not safe to use during pregnancy and it has got side effects too. Please clarify me if I shall drink HERMIN ORAL at this time.
We had sex before 10 ten days without protection. Now wife having problem that she is getting white cream type liquid from his private place from last 2 days.
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
Feel free to drop a personal message for any query.