Lybrate.com has top trusted Toxicologists from across India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I got half mcl tear which diet I need to take to heal it and also my acl full tear operation is scheduled in next month.
I am allergic to cold and dust. I sometime take alerid tab, seroflo inhaler and duonase nasal spray n get relief. When allergy is acute, my nose block irritation on upper part in mouth sneezing and lastly all these disappear and asthma type problem start. As now pollution in Delhi, no medicine work even antibiotic except steroids. I am 62 years old and same is condition since last 30 yrs. please advice.
I am 30years old Man. I am suffering from hepatitis Virus. I have done all my blood test and consulted doctor. Doctor are saying that the virus is there in my body but it is not active. Doctor have not suggested any medicine to cure it. Please let me know what should Ido. As per doctor it is not active but what are chance of getting that virus active and also how to cure /remove the same from my body. I am not facing any problem in my body, I am healthy married man.
I am 23 year female and I am suffering from chicken pox. My marriage is on 23 november. What should I do?
Several #advantages of pomegranates in curing various diseases are explained in greater detail below.
#Pomegranate peel, bark, and leaves are used to calm disorders of the stomach or diarrhea caused by any kind of digestive #problems. Drinking tea made from the leaves of this fruit also helps in curing your digestive problems. Pomegranate #juice is also used for handling problems like dysentery and cholera.
Regular intake of pomegranate juice can maintain a good flow of the blood in the body. Because of this property, it subsequently decreases the risk of heart attacks and strokes. The antioxidant components that are contained in this fruit help to keep the bad cholesterol from gaining any significant presence and thus keeps the arteries clear of any clots. The clots are clear because pomegranates have the ability to make the blood thinner.
One of the best benefits of pomegranates is that their juice, along with its antibacterial and antiviral properties, helps to reduce the effects of dental plaque and protects against various oral diseases.
Pomegranates help reduce illnesses of many forms, including atherosclerosis and osteoarthritis. The damages that are caused due to the thickening and hardening of the arterial walls and in the cartilage and joints can be cured by eating this fruit. Also, pomegranates are capable of preventing the creation of enzymes that are responsible for breaking down connective tissues within the body.
Healthy blood flow can be maintained in the body by consuming this fruit in any form. Pomegranate supplies iron to the blood, thus helping to reduce symptoms of anemia, including exhaustion, dizziness, weakness, and hearing loss.
For diabetic patients, drinking pomegranate juice can reduce the risk of various coronary diseases. Along with this, there is a reduction in the hardening of the arteries, which can inhibit the development of various heart diseases.
This may lead to less iodine intake which is a basic need for Thyroid Hormones .. like T3 and T4 (Tri -Iodothyronine and Tetra - Iodothyronine) where the name itself suggests that they are ionised compounds.
Thus, if you remember this fact that cooking would evaporate iodine, you would develop a habit of cooking without adding salt and then add salt during the serving of the food. It would control Blood Pressure and Iodine Deficiency both as one would add less salt if he or she is hypertensive.
I am 26 years old male and have cold since last one month. I had to operation of nose polyps last year in august 2014 What should I do?
Right time for drinking green tea like in morning after wake up, in afternoon after meal , in evening , or at night . Which is the right time.
Am suffering from stomach problem when I eat food after few mints it's make a food poison what the solution to avoid this problem.
I am 22 years old. I have cold and it doesn't go off easily. It will be for a period of couple of months. How can I overcome this within a short period of time?
She has been sneezing continuously since last 6 days. But for the past 3 days she is better. What is a cure to this type of allergy.
I am suffering from cold and I have fever suggest a medicine for it which could make me feel better.
I am 28 year old guy and recently in my blood report I have been found positive to hep b. Antibody test was negative and I want to know more about this.
Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day, no matter which culture you belong to. The age old saying goes that you should have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Let's look at some of the menu items, which are not considered ideal for breakfast menus on a regular basis along with a few others which are.
Some of the unhealthiest breakfast foods:
- Chole bhatture or oily pooris: These are favorite items within Indian breakfast menus. However, they are full of oil and saturated fats. Apart from contributing to diabetes and blood pressure, bloating, acidity, and heartburn are also common side effects.
- Pakoras, samosas or kachoris: Common items which are included in many breakfast and snack menus, these oily fries are major contributors to bad cholesterol, reduce good cholesterol and is are major contributors to obesity.
- Sugary cereals: While plain corn flakes are good, sugary cereals have processed sugar and are a no-no for breakfast items as they could cause elevated blood glucose levels and thus cause a host of problems.
- Medu vada: While having a medu vada once or twice is alright, having it as a daily breakfast item will add a lot of oil to your diet and so, should be avoided.
- Bakery items: Many bakery items such as doughnut, Tiffin cakes, and sweet breads usually tend to have a lot of processed sugar, refined flour and additives which can be harmful to your health.
Some healthy breakfast foods:
- Idli: This is a staple breakfast item in southern India and is very healthy as it is prepared by steaming rice mixes. However, reduce spicy chutneys or side dishes while consuming idlis as they can be quite bad for health.
- Upma: Another export of the south, upma is now loved all over India and the world. Made with suji or rawa and very little oil, this is a great and filling breakfast alternative.
- Poha or Chivra pulao: Made from flattened rice flakes, poha, also known as chivda pulao, is a great healthy alternative and should be incorporated in breakfast diets.
- Indian veg sandwiches: As long as the bread is whole wheat, this is a very healthy option as it is usually made with vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers and potatoes and also has chutney as the dressing.
- Dosa: Another great option from southern India, this is a great breakfast food if the sambar and accompanying dishes are cooked in less oil and have fewer spices.
- Khakra: This dish which comes from Gujarat is also a great breakfast item and can also become a low calorie snack for cravings in between meals.