Lybrate.com has top trusted Toxicologists from across India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SaxenaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years and I have frequent cold and it is not at all curing yet all plzz suggest me some precautions.
Hello doctor. Suddenly today I got cold. I was fine yesterday. But suddenly I got cold that I can't even speak properly. please advice me wht medicine I should take n what I should eat.
Hot water drinking is good suggested by another doctor. Now my question is whether copper water can be warmed and consume? How long the water should be kept in copper vessel and can be consumed?
Breakfast is the most significant meal of the day which helps in boosting the energy which will empower people to carry on all through the day. Having a platter of healthy breakfast improves physical and mental health, and it should ideally be low in fat, cholesterol and sodium content and high in minerals, proteins and vitamins content. Preparation of conventional and nutritious meals in the morning is becoming rare due to our preoccupation with different tasks, and this is where the role of cornflakes comes into being.
Cornflakes are widely acknowledged breakfast cereal and help in preparing meals in almost no time. It is low in fat, provides energy and is highly nutritious. And, the best part is that the cornflakes come in different flavours and are easily available in the market worldwide. The breakfast cereal is produced by combining sugar with milled corn and high fructose corn syrup. It is proven that these flakes offer an easy utilisation of the minerals, vitamins and other nutrients than its non-milled counterparts.
There are different varieties of cornflakes, which include:
- Cornflakes with milk: Cornflakes are a protein rich food. Protein is essential for the red blood cells and for the right functioning of the antibodies which resist infection. Having this type of cornflakes helps in the regulation of the hormones and enzymes as well as repairing body tissues.
- Frosted cornflakes: This cornflakes meal is particularly desirable for growing children. They are considered a rich source of protein, calcium and mineral and the added sugar gives the energy to function properly.
- Honey Cornflakes: Honey cornflakes are quite favourite among kids and adults alike. As they are rich in all the nutrients whereas honey provides thiamin, niacin, riboflavin along with vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. So, you should consider adding this cereal to your daily meals.
- Almond cornflakes: Like honey cornflakes, this variant also combines the goodness of both almonds and cornflakes. Almonds help to improve mental health, strengthens muscles and tissues, prolongs life, and enhances the texture of skin and hair. It is also found beneficial in curing cough and preventing asthma. Thus, you must invest in almond cornflakes for its high nutritional value.
- Carotenoid cornflakes: You can also look for cornflakes rich in beta-cryptoxanthin which is required for improving the health of lungs and prevention of lung cancer. It also assists in promoting cardiovascular health when consumed at moderate levels every day. It is also recommended for individuals suffering from renal issues, and the carotid pigment is associated with prevention of muscular cancer.
- Crushed cornflakes: Though this is not any distinct type of cornflakes, it can be purchased separately and taken in place of breadcrumbs. They make a healthy breakfast when you combine crushed cornflakes with yogurt, pudding or plain milk.
These are the primary variants of the cornflakes, and each of them offers a host of benefits which make them a preferred choice in daily snacks and breakfast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My age is 21. My weight is 92. My height is 179 cm. Even if I eat little amount of food I feel very sleepy. I feel hungry very frequently a day even though my stomach is full. How to overcome this problem? How should I be active and not sleepy always? What diet should be followed?
Hi my friend got job in gulf but he can't get visa. While visa process he went for medical examination his other test was normal, but his hbsag found positive. After that he consulted some famous doctor they said its hepatitis b inactive carrier so you don't need any medication. Because his hbseag found negative and dna quality test was undect. But the problem is he can't get visa because of hbeag test showing positive. So is any medicine in allopathy or homeopathic who can make hbsag test non reactive. So he can get visa. He has 2 month time for test.
I want to query about a proper diet for build my muscles. My Current diet is 2 pcs Bread and Tea at Morning. A Heavy Diet at Lunch. In Evening again Tea and some snacks. At Dinner again Heavy Diet with a Glass of Milk. Kindly suggest some proper Diet.
I have suffering from cough and cold I have consult from many physicians but unable to get relief tell me some remedy.
I have shardi jukam last 2 month please help me to what I do for this and this is increase in morning and night.
Vitamin D is a crucial vitamin that is soluble in fat. Vitamin D is essential for the growth of your bone and it ensures increased flow of calcium into your bloodstream by promoting the process of its absorption from the consumed food. Poor concentration of vitamin D may result in the development of rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults. Vitamin D is important in maintaining the immunity of your system; deficiency of vitamin D gives rise to a number of health problems including cardiac disorders, arthritis, hypertension, diabetes and even cancer.
Daily exposure to mild sunlight helps to synthesize Vitamin D in body. Dietary sources include milk, cod liver oils, fish, meat, fortified dairy and food products.
The most reliable way to diagnose the deficiency of vitamin D is through blood test; it is the most effective method of measuring the level of vitamin D in your blood. The following are some dominant symptoms of vitamin D deficiency:
- Influenza: According to studies, vitamin D acts a guard against the attack of a number of respiratory infections which are widespread in children. Hence, lack of vitamin D in children is responsible for the development of various respiratory tract infections and diseases.
- Depression and Schizophrenia: The root cause of depression and various other psychiatric disorders have been linked to deficiency in vitamin D. It is extremely important for expecting mothers to maintain a sufficient level of vitamin D in their body, during the gestation period to reduce the risk of delayed brain development and other mental ailments in the new born babies.
- Cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular ailments are more prevalent among people, who tend to suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Patients who suffer from cardiac discomfort have responded well to vitamin D treatment.
- Asthma: Intake of vitamin D supplements reduces the severity and discomforts that are associated with asthma and have also shown considerable reduction in the occurrence of asthma attacks.
- Periodontal disorders: Lack of vitamin D may result in the formation of numerous harmful bacteria in your mouth and may give rise to several oral discomforts in form of painful gum inflammation, bleeding and loss of tooth. Vitamin D aids in the formation of cathelicidins and defensins, which are effective in maintaining the overall oral health.
- Cancer: Types of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer are linked with vitamin D deficiency. Supplements of vitamin D are helpful in controlling the growth and development of breast cancer, especially the estrogen sensitive breast cancer.