Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My baby is 1 month old. Should I give her gripe water or mugli ghutti 555. Is these medicines are safe and useful for infants.
I'm a new mother with a 8 month old baby. A white dot appeared on my nipple a couple of days ago. There is shooting pain while feeding and sore after feeding too. Any suggestions?
My 11 months old baby is suffering from cold badly. She face difficulty to breathe while sleep and taking feed. What to do?
Dear sir. My question is I haven't able to sleep since 2 day and I am having a severe stomach pain. I tried multiple home remedies but didn't work. Please help me what can I do. Thank you.
I have twin baby 5 month old I m not having enough milk can you give an advice what to give and what not to give.
Dear Sir/ madam, I have blessed with a daughter on 14. 10. 2016, just 5 days before. Her bilirubin (Total) shows 12. 2. Is it dangerous for her? What is the control (specified) limit for bilirubin (jaundice) in new born babies? What to do now for her treatment? Some doctors suggested for sun bath & antibiotic injections (half dose twice a day) for 5 days, is it safe for a 5 days baby girl? Please suggest, I'm very nervous.
Home remedies for teeth whitening
Strawberries consumed once a day in a week or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
Baking soda use is a reliable natural method for years to whiten teeth. Add baking soda with some salt water, see paste makes a tried &amp; proven whitening toothpaste. (note: ada recommends to have teeth checked by the dentist before undergoing any whitening methods)
Dr Puja Bansal
Prudent international health clinic http://prudentinternationalhealthclinic.com