Find numerous Proctologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Proctologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Proctologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SatyanarayanaYour feedback matters!
Gall bladder stones can be painful. Until and unless it is surgically removed and cured from within, the pain continues to hinder daily life. The good news is that there are ways by which pain from gall bladder stones could be managed.
Here is a list of quick, easy-to-follow remedies to counter the pain.
- Heat Pack: Applying a heat pack or hot water bottle on to the stomach making sure that the heat is directly passed on to the gall bladder can give instant relief from the pain. The heat should be applied at an interval of half an hour and a layer of cloth should be placed in between the skin and the heat pack.
- Over the counter medicine: In most cases, over the counter pain relief meds can make the pain go away. NSAIDs should be avoided until and unless suggested by the doctor. A pain relief medicine with anti-inflammatory properties will perfectly suit the gall bladder condition.
- Try vegetable juice: While gulping vegetable juice might sound a little indifferent, it has instant benefits with no side effect. All it needs is to mix beetroot, cucumber, and carrot in equal proportions and extract the juice from it. The juice extracted from this mixture should be consumed twice in a week to flush out the toxins from the system and ease the gall bladder pain.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits such as lemon, orange etc. contains pectin that is believed to be a remover of stones and blockages. This is also believed to be a great agent for countering pain originating from the gall bladder. Consumption of 10-12 tablespoon of lemon juice extracted from fresh lemons followed by a glass of water will wither the pain away in few weeks.
- A mixture of honey and turmeric: Honey’s antiseptic nature prevents infection and the curcumin found in turmeric makes the bile more soluble in the gall bladder. These two herbs in tandem can ease the gall bladder pain and get relief from the stones too. A tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of turmeric should be consumed daily to get the benefits.
- Take the herbal route: There are several herbals that are believed to be extremely effective in treating pain origination from the gall bladder. Some of them include goldenseal, quebrapedra, catnip, fennel seed, yellow dock, rosemary, nettle, peppermint herbal tea etc.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and consumption of a quarter of a glass followed by a quarter of a glass of apple juice can show instant results. It should be consumed daily after breakfast. There are instances where the pain eases out within a matter of 15 minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
Hello. I have thyroid n I wanna know can I have gulkand? Does it have side effect on me? Please suggest. Thank you.
I am getting pregnancy and now enter into 3rd month, we took scanning and thyroid (only TSH) and the result of thyroid was 13.00 it is sfae for safe delivery and what is consequences happens for baby. Does any abnormal conditions may happen to the baby after delivery and what is condition of baby in developing brain and other issues, some body tells us in the above condition it is difficult for developing brain please make a solution.
This issues concerns my wife's health. My wife is 40 years old and since the last 2 weeks, her right leg has developed red mysterious patches. If pressure is applied on those red patches, she experiences a slight pain. Also she has a thyroid problem since the last 2 to 3 years. What is the problem? Which specialist should we see?
Hello Dr. It's been 3 years of marry and yet I'm not able to conceive. I had a miscarriage and it's going to be 1 years of miscarriage. I have lil effect of Pcos and have thyroid too. My last month thyroid test result was 0.66. and my Dr. said it's normal. But my Dr. even said k I'm not able to reproduce eggs. I want to gt pregnant as soon as possible as my age is also getting elder. My present age is 25. I'm even gaining weight. What will b d best time fr intercourse if I want to gt pregnant? Pls Dr. pls help me.
I am 44 years male, suffering from hernia, I am using belt to withstand the pain, how to cure it with out operation.
Her hands and legs shakes normally also and she had a thyroid also but that is in control what else could be the reason? Please advise.
I am a 37 years old woman having two son of age 10 and 2 years old. doctors told me thyroid problem. Latest report is TT3 1.19 TT4 9.03 TSH 5.20. PLEASE TELL ME I HAVE HYPER OR HYPOTHYROID AND SUGGEST ME DIET AND medicine FOR THE PROBLEM.
Had thyroid for the past 2 years, been taking thyroxine 25 mg since then. Latest test report T3 0.99 ng/ml. Range 0.8 to 2 T4 6.2 ug/dl. Range 4.5 to 12.5 Us-tsh 3rd generation 9.3 mIU/mL. Range. 35 to 5.35 Since 2 years t3 and t4 were in the range only but. Us-tsh was 13.4 (2 years ago before medication) Inbetween during medication us tsh was 8.9 range And now its 9.3 Should I continue my dosage or increase it. Also the doctor seems not to give any medicine other than thyroxine 25mg is it okay?
I have hemorrhoids and I am under treatment by a local doc. I got so much relief. The swelling are better and the pain has gone. But he didn't give me anything to stop itching. There are something like pimples in my anus. To stop the itching plzz suggest me a cream. Or can I use quadriderm?
When an organ residing in a cavity such as the abdomen tries to push through the muscular layer it resides in, it is called as hernia.
Though said to be genetic, hernias can be caused by things such as improper heavy lifting, incorrect posture, or chronic constipation and as a result of surgical complication or injury. Factors like obesity, pregnancy, smoking, chronic lung disease aggravate the severity of the hernia. It is believed that about 27% of all males and 3% of females can have a hernia during their lifetime.
Types of hernias:
- Inguinal hernia: The groin is the most common area, where the abdomen pushes through a weak spot in the lower abdominal wall, causing a protrusion into the inguinal canal. This is more common in men than women.
- Hiatal hernia: The abdomen has the diaphragm separating it from the thoracic cavity in the upper border. When it pushes through the diaphragm, a hernia is caused and there is almost always associated food reflux in these cases. Though the most common cause is associated old age, due to muscle weakness, there also are cases of congenital hiatal hernias.
- Umbilical hernia: The abdomen finds a weak layer along its length and protrudes through the skin on the stomach. Most commonly seen in babies around the bellybutton, it gradually corrects itself on its own. Quiet rare in adults, seen during pregnancy and in chronic obese people.
- Incisional: These are post-surgical, and happen when the organ protrudes through the weakened wall due to surgery. The abdomen is again the most common area and the hernia can happen either onto the external surface or internally, when they are called ventral hernias.
These are the most frequent types, though hernia affects other organs like the spine, brain, appendix, etc.
This includes a combination of constant monitoring followed by a decision to do surgical treatment. Hiatal hernias and umbilical hernias can be monitored for a while before deciding on surgery. Inguinal hernias may require surgery earlier in the stage. Post-surgery, a mesh is placed to hold back the tissue in its corrected place. The umbilical hernia in children could be self-limiting. If it does not get auto-corrected in the first year of life, that also would qualify for a surgical treatment. Hernias need to be managed under medical supervision.
Related Tip: "Is It Crucial To Treat Hernia, Surgically?"