Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satya Prakash Choudhary
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Satya Prakash ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
I remain confused in each and everything frpm small topics to big and this problem us increasing day by day I can even choose my life partner I think and overthink about each thing this is affecting my health also and I think my memory loss is also due to this I forget everysmall and large thing from the last 2-3 months. Help me plz.
I am suffering from depression due to a break up with my first love. My exams are near. I can not concentrate on my studies. Please tell me ways to cope up with this.
I masturbate once a month and I hardly eat anything (no spicy) and yet I get pre cum early in the morning and all the medicines do not work so please advice me something that works not something you hope works. Ive tried sensival, duloxe (antidepressants) they seemed to work for a while then stopped Ive tried ashwagandha, acdiphos, staphysgiria (did not work at all) Soya beans works but very occasionally.
Hi doctor, I had a rejection in my love. And I was threatened by my neighbours criticism since more than 10 years. I was deeply disturbed at college days. And there was a critical financial disturbance. After my mca, iwas suffering with all these disturbances. I did not take food in time. Did not had proper sleep for years. So was suffered from motions and warmtings and did not had medical help. After this I was suffering with above problems. Deeply planned for committing suicide. Then I was taken to psychiatrist. Given medicines. I recovered .but so many side affects medicine. I was unable to come out from taking medicines. Please help me to come out medicines.
Sir, I am feeling too sick that I am unable to get up from bed having no energy in body even not getting interest in showering and wearing in clothes feeling too depressed even I am unable to come out of home I fears a lot to even speak to others and I always feel guilty and unworthiness. When ever I say something to others I say very doubtly. I don't believe most of others. This is happening from a situation that in front of others my father said I am as a psycho from there onwards everybody started saying or treated me as a psycho. How can I overcome it?
I am suffering from mind depression since last 3 months. Take already medical treatment so far. Please tell some ideas to remove this problem.
Am a love failure boy. She left me 3 months ago. She make me cry many times but still my heart wants her. I can't forget her. Am unable to concentrate on my studies. Everyday I experiencing lot of too much pain. please doctor. Save me and give me correct guidance. I can't sleep well. And lot of pain inside of my heart. Its really unable to describe my pain in words. Pls Dr. give me appropriate answer.
Sir I often forget things like, where do I kept my phone an like those thing. Initially it was like I rarely use to forgot, but now it's like a usual thing for me now. I am very worried about my memory power. So I want to know what are the real causes of memory loss and further I am student of engineering, and I can't remember the topics that I had studied 2 or 3 days ago? Also I wanna know how to increase memory power an what food should I eat to increase my memory?
There is memory loss. I overthink much. And I get stressed up easily even at small things. Please do suggest what to do to lead a happy life?
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!