Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
I am 73 years old. I want to quit taking restyl (Aplozoram) tablet .5 mg which I take to sleep. I am also Diabetic Type 2 and under medication for benign Hypertension. Metformin 500 mg 1 - 0 - 1 and Amilodopin 10 mg 1 - 0 - 0 Almost for 10 yrs. I get weird dreams at night, of my earlier life. Kindly let me know how I can get rid of addiction Aplozoram. Are the dreams due to beta blockers? If so can you prescribe alternate medicines for my hypertension.
I am preparing for JEE and it's a very crucial time to study hard for me but when ever I go to study I feel very lazy & for this whatever I study I can not grasp the concepts very well. As I am lagging in my studies I am getting very demotivated by thinking that the days are passing but I can not improve myself & for that I can not concentrate on my studies. Please help me .I want to get a good rank in JEE and really I want to improve myself.
I am 21 years old. I was using marijuana for 4 months followed by alcohol. I also smoke 3 cigggrates per day. From d last time I consumed bhang. I m feeling anxiety on a continuous run. What should I do then?
20 years before I faced immense depression. From that day, I have been taking 1 mg lonazep and 50 mg clonil. I have tried to give up these medications but I couldn't able. What should I do, please suggest me.
Thankyou so much DR, I am facing with continuous head ache since 2 weeks. please tell me any medicine Sir I am feel depressed too.
If someone in your family or your partner is suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder, your mental health is at stake too. You will have to take care of yourself and your emotional needs first. Life can be frustrating for you all the time. But, you need to identify your ‘feel good’ activities and take some time out of your daily life to relax and calm down. Remember, you can succeed in the critical task of appeasing or pleasing your dear one with BPD, only when you are at peace with yourself first. Destress yourself to fight back the depression or emotional drainage caused by handling a BPD patient.
Here are few things that can help you have a better life while being in a relationship with a person suffering from BPD:
1. Don’t isolate yourself: You must be in touch with people you like to be with. You need emotional support from friends and family to deal with life. Spending some quality time with friends and family members can add little happiness to your life. It will boost up your energy level to fight back the dark side of life. You must remember that you have a life as well.
2. Take care of your health: Sometimes, relatives of BPD patients forget to take care of their physical health. They forget basic stuffs like having proper meals, exercising, etc just because they are caught-up in a stressful relationship. But, remember you can help your loved one better only when you are physically fit.
3. Manage stress: Don’t get anxious or depressed with the ongoing stress in your life. It will only add to your existing problems. Keep your nerves cool to have a better life for yourself as well as your sweetheart with BPD.
4. Believe in the 3c’s formula: Well, it is a formula recommended by most of the mental health practitioners. Don’t blame yourself for the irrational behaviour of your friend or dear one. The patient with BPD is solely responsible for his or her destructive behaviour or abnormal outburst. You will have to remember these 3c’s: I didn't cause it; I can't cure it; and I can't control it.
5. Careful communication: You have to be very careful while communicating with BPD patients. Don’t argue or try to convince them, when they are already in a disturbed frame of mind or agitated. They might end up getting destructive. Listen to their words carefully and patiently. Occasional nodding in between a conversation is advisable to let them feel assured about the fact that they are being heard and understood.
Don’t forget to acknowledge their feelings. It is also important that you stay calm when the patient is angry and has turned destructive.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.