Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SatishYour feedback matters!
I, m 28 year old female headache last 6 year back side of head but now last1 year more, all head, feel the rounding the head and air passing though eyes and eyes upper side swelling what should I do?
I am 19 years old. Something went inside my eye and I tried a lot it's not coming out. What I have to do?
My niece is having specs of power -1.5. She is 9 years only. Please suggest any eye drop so that power do not increase further. Thanks in advance doctor.
Last 8-10 days my eyes fell some pain when I do study and I can t see clear line some time. please give me right suggest.
Common conditions affecting the cornea: Some of the common conditions that affect the cornea are:
- Injuries: In case of a minor injury and scratch the cornea has the capability to heal on its own. But in case of deeper injuries there might be corneal scarring, leading to a haze in the cornea along with impaired vision. In case of deep injury you could experience pain in the eye, sensitivity, reduced vision, inflammation of the eye, headache, vomiting and nausea.
- Allergies: The common allergies that affect the eye are related to pollen, especially in the warm and dry weather. Symptoms are burning sensation, redness of the eye, itching, and watery discharge. These symptoms can be reduced by antihistamine decongestant eye drops. Rain and cold weather also improve the symptoms.
- Keratitis: This is the inflammation of the cornea. Though infection is a common cause of keratitis, non-infectious keratitis is due to minor injuries and wearing the contact lenses for too long. Infectious keratitis is mainly due to parasites, fungi, viruses and bacteria. These can be treated with antibacterial eye drops.
- Dry Eye: This is a condition where the eye produces less tears and is unable to keep the surface of the eye lubricated. The symptoms of this are scratchy feeling due to the dryness of the eye, along with a burning and stinging sensation of the eye.
Common diseases affecting the cornea: Some common diseases affecting the cornea are:
- Herpes Zoster: This is basically the reactivation of the varicella zoster virus. This virus also causes chickenpox and if you have had chicken pox then the virus can live in the nerve cells and become activated later in life. The virus might travel through the nerves to the cornea, affecting the cornea.
- Iridocorneal endothelial syndrome: This is more common in women aged 30-50 years. It has three features: glaucoma, swelling of the cornea, and changes of the iris.
- Pterygium: This is the pinkish, triangular tissue growth, which occurs on the cornea. This might grow slowly throughout life. This is commonly seen in sunny weather in adults aged between 20-40 years.
Treatment of the corneal disorders:
- Laser surgery: Phototherapeutic keratectomy is a surgical technique. In this UV light is used to restore and reshape the cornea. This is used to treat corneal dystrophies and recurrent erosions.
- Anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty: This procedure removes the damaged or diseased endothelial tissue which is then replaced by the healthy tissue from a donor.
- Corneal Transplant Surgery: This removes the damaged part of the cornea and then it is replaced by the healthy tissue through a donor.
- Artificial Cornea: Keratoprosthesis is usually known as the artificial cornea. This is an option for people who have not had a successful tissue implant.
My eye sight is weak I have myopia I wear spec with -3.i was hoping there would be any way I would regain my vision or at least stop it from worsening.
My daughter started looking squint for few seconds last april. This has continued for a year now. She looks squint for few seconds and then looks normal. This happens regularly. Doctor then had advised to wear a spectacle and follow up after an year. We recently visited him and he has advised a surgery now. She is 4 years old now. Just wanted to check if there is any other option available to surgery as we are worried about the same.
Hii l am 19 years old. L am wearing spectacles of power 3/6 of each my eyes. On going day by day my eyes are going inside and inside. It look so boring l feel shy when I removing my spex plzz suggest any exercise method to move out my eyes.
Here are causes, effects and treatments of glaucoma
Hello I am Dr S Bharti founder and chairman of Bharti Eye hospital. Today I will be taking about Glaucoma quick is the second most common cause of blinding in elderly. Glaucoma is a complex of pressure and optic nerve damage related to each other and sometimes the pressure is higher than normal while sometimes it is normal. In either case optic nerve is unable to sustain the pressure and this condition is called Glaucoma. Most of the damage caused is irreversible and that is why regular eye checkups are important after the age of 40.
Glaucoma could be hereditary, diabetes is another common cause of it. That is why we suggest that people having other 2 situations should get very regular eye checkups.Glaucoma is a treatable disease and can be treated with eye drops. Surgery is required in extreme cases. The treatment available today is very successful and in most cases we are able to maintain a high quality of vision.
My suggestion is anybody who has a possibility of developing Glaucoma should go for regular eye checkups.Thank you. You can get in touch with me at Lybrate.