Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Satish Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old, I drink and smoke both, I have some kind of tightness nearby my chest area and its makes me feel uneasy to focus on my work, sometimes shortness of breath too. .please suggest me what precaution do I need to take or may be any exercise? Please help.
I am on medication since two weeks for high BP. AMLOVAS 5 & TELMA: TWICE DAILY. BP used to be above 150/110. Since 3 days I have consuming alcohol and now I feel my heart pounding hard. It's a sinking feeling. Help.
I take Galvas met 50 + 500 B4 BF & Dinner My average Sugar level is fasting150 +- 10 and PP is220 +- 10 after two hrs. Please advice.
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.
My name is Anjali saha. Of 72 I am a cardiac patient with HYT, THYROID, DB I have a blockade. Running heart medicine are DEPLLET75, eltroxin50, telmikind AMH40. Present I am suffering with an eye problem that is there is itching, accompanied by flowing with water and redness I have goggles with power from 16years AGE. Still I don't have any difficulties in seeing. APPLYING - OPTIVE FUSION DROPS. Doctor consulted me that THERE IS A new cataract which is just developing. But I don't want an operation now then how can I clear my problems.
My BP varies yesterday I get very stress. Doctor need some injection and tablets. I mean suffering from light headedness what I have to do to become normal.
My uncle is suffering from diabetes and blood pressure from 2 years. What are the Basic Steps or precaution to be taken in his health matter, What is your suggestion?
I am 18 years old boy? I have already had an echo and tmt test done. Both came out negative. Is there a need for an ecg? Whats the basic difference between ecg and tmt?
I'm 29 years old and I've got TSH of 4.8,LDL/HDL ratio is 5.189 and HDL cholestrolof 30. What should I do? Should I take tablets for Thyroid?/
How can we cure the patient from diabetes and what happened to the patient when he get suffered by diabetes and high blood pressure together and how can we cure them by using daily domestic treatments?
My friend's bp gets high very often, heart beats very fast, and then headaches and nose bleeds. It lasts for more than a day mostly. I need help that how can this be prevented. Or best possible lifestyle adaptations to avoid such situations. At such a young age is it really risky to hve such frequent high bp.
My father is 58 years old. He was having heavy diabetic from last 10 years. He has also got hypertension his BP remains 200 & 100. Due to this he has lost vision in one eye and has 40% vision in second eye. He don't want to take medicines nor he wants simple diabetic food. He even can't walk alone. Also in MRI report of brain. Brain is also damage. As per doctors he has also got stroke and he absorbed the pain of it too. Now I am confused whom to consult and for what ? He cannot get down from the house. He remains in house only. Where and to whom should I consult and how many time should I take him and handling alone is also not possible.
Your blood pressure can be easily controlled by simply eating banana fruit every morning on empty stomach. It is the statement of my experienced advise to all my bp patients.