Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sathish
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SathishYour feedback matters!
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 34 year old male and have pain in between thumb and 2nd finger, of left hand, from 4-5 days, I cannot pick up a bit heavy thing.
I'm 40 year now and I have frequent pain in left ankle. Done xray - nothing found? Do let me know why is it and how to get over.
Self treatment of a spinal problem involves graduated combinations of a few simple exercises, rather than a great variety. And because the central jamming is the first disorder from which other conditions flow, the fundamentals of all treatments are just the same-even for more complex disorders.
The same few exercises keep cropping up;
rocking the knees to the chest,
using the back block,
the tennis ball,
abdominal strengthening exercises (curl ups),
diagonal toe touches,
and intrinsic exercises.
But before these start, it is important to know that treatment of any problem must be taken at the right rate. In what is essentially a healing process, the regimen must be embarked upon with determination, subtlety and intuition.
There should be a fine balancing act between rigor and rest. It has to mean business but cannot be rushed. You have to do what is necessary, unflinchingly, but you cannot harry your back.
You must tailor treatment to your spine’s ability to recuperate after each ‘new’activity.Be guided by your instincts. You do have to keep pushing the spine at times when you might be fearful about it but remember, most pains are good pains and most people are fearful of the wrong wrongs.
They are too defensive and too ready to brace against the pain, wrapping it up, clenching around it and keeping it inside the spine.It is surprisingly how dramatically you can reduce your discomfort by willing the muscles around the pain in your back to relax. You can do it during any activity: walking along, waiting for a lift, or stretching to make a bed.
As you feel the muscles start to grab, concentrate on making them let go, like a meaningful glance to stop a naughty dog jumping up.