Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sashikanth Jonnalagadda
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Sashikanth JonnalagaddaYour feedback matters!
I'm 62 yrs young man. Having no sugar, no bp .Now a days whole day drowsiness, loud snoring, bad breath, very bad smell from mouth.Please do help
My name is Bhavin Shah. 26 year. I have Throat problem and I try salt water gargling, Plenty of water drink. But still I have pain. So what can I do? Reply me.
I have a phobia due to which I can't pull out my ear wax. I even just feel very scared when somebody puts anything inside my ear. I have visited doctors too. But it doesn't make up. Please advise me something.
How to remove a piece of metal from my throat? That piece of metal is a part of my "Braces" Please suggest me as soon as possible.
I am having a listening problem in winter season only and also my eyes got red when I wash my face. Please help me.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!