Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SashikalaYour feedback matters!
Take saline drops soothe the inflamed nasal tissue.
Use a humidifier or simply inhale steam from a pot of boiling water.
Drink plenty of water.
I am pregnant of 2.5 half month I was suffering from tyoride after detecting pregnancy that time tyoride was 12 and now I had check it goes down to 7.family doctor ask to go with some specialist. .pls help in this.
What will be consequences and side effects if mifepristone and misoprostol had taken without pregnancy and why period is not starting even after 50 days.
I'm not getting my chums properly since last 4-5 months. I'm skipping a month and getting and even if I get bleeding is not happening properly.
Sir/Madam: my ant doesn't come period since 3 months while groundex tests comes negative. Please advise us.
Hi I eat now mifegest is it safe for me. My doctor told me that 1big tablet on one day 2 tablets on next day but orally Another 2 tablets can be through vaginal Is it important to take last two tablets vaginally. Can I take them oral or not.
I am 18 year old female and am having problems with menstruation since 2 yrs. They occur at a gap of 15 days to 1 month. Give me homeopathic advise.
Dear sir/mam A white thick and long liquids are coming out from my vagina. When it comes it pains alot around pelvic ad stomach region. Why it is so?
Hi I had sex today 23 nov 2016 it was protected sex soon after coming home I took an I pill I had my periods on 1st nov 2016 can I get pregnant I ate papaya also today please reply ty.
Hi doctor. I had a miscarriage on 29of july. And got treatment for rpoc. I had bleeding till 5th of August. Yesterday I had sex. Today I started cramps and light bleeding. Is it the bleeding of miscarriage or periods. Should I go for another scan for rpoc. Or else it is normal to have bleeding.
I have missed my periods so i am confused whether i am pregnant or not ,i dont want unwanted pregnancy .Please suggest natural way to abort which should not effect future pregnancy
I am 24 years old and I am 5 months pregnant. Please advise if I have sex during this time will it effect the brain of the child, please suggest me.
I am 42 and had a problem from 2 months not everyday but some days in between there is liquid and a bad smell in my vagina ,is there any medicine for that I washed it daily with c.
I am 19 years female and I always have had a irregular periods from when I was metured. I am anemic and the doc suggested me the cycloreg tab so oily when I take the tab I get ma periods orels I don. Wt do I do? its been 3 months I got ma periods n I dint take dt tab nw.
I am 18 years old. 2 months age I had ovarian cyst surgery. Everyday I thought about sex I will get wet. I will get wet 2 times or more then a day. After that I am getting tired and fall asleep. Is the secretions cause any harm. And I am feeling a very little dull pain in my belly. My stitches are not cure completely yet.
I have pain in my lower abdomen often. During periods the pain is unbearable and the flow is heavy. This is since my delivery which was cesarean in the year 2006.
Want my periods immediately I had sex with my husband on 27 and 29.27 with condo and 27 without out condo After dat on next I have taken unwanted 72. I do not want baby now I want my periods immediately as my periods date is 7. From 2 days I have small spotting I do not even need a pad Today it stopped now What to do.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.