Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saroja. K
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saroja. KYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 28 year old married female trying to conceive I have done amh test which is 2.2 ng/ml so how long I can try naturally to become pregnant please suggest me with any tips.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 10th day after my periods and took unwanted 72 is there any chance of getting pregnant.
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Dry skin tends to age faster as it is prone to wrinkles. A wrinkled skin loses its charm and elasticity. The whole concept of anti ageing revolves around keeping the sun hydrated and moisturized.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hey, my girlfriend had periods from 12-17 of this month and we had sex just 6 days before her periods. On the 3rd day of her periods she told me she has a severe burning and itching inside her vagina near the opening. Today it has swollen and there is redness all over the area. Its hurting a lot. There is a little white discharge not much. One more important thing, when we had sex we used a random moisturizer for lubrication. Can it be the reason? Any over the counter medication recommendations?
My wife is 39 years old and we have a child through IVF, three years back. But had some complications like High blood pressure and we were forced to have premature delivery through cesarean in he 8th month of pregnancy. My wife is insisting on second child. Please suggest.
If the size of pregnancy is less by 4 to 5 days, what is the reason, what precautions should be taken?
MY wife is 24 year old and she is pregnant from last 50 days ,she is assist. Professor in college ,her college is far away around 20 km from my home by a pack auto rekhshaw (chhakda). My Question is ok with going thru auto rickshaw (chhakda) due to many speed breaker come on road so please advise. Or leave the job?
The advent of Laparoscopy has given a new dimension to surgery. Gone are the days when one had to go through painful surgical procedures with many associated complications. Laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive involving small incisions. There are negligible complications associated with a quick recovery. In the last few years, there has been a steady rise in people opting for Laparoscopic Urological Surgery. A person may undergo a laparoscopic urological surgery to treat problems of the genitor-urinary tract (which includes the kidneys, ureter, bladder, testes, and penis).
Mentioned below are some of the laparoscopic urological surgeries performed to treat a diseased condition.
- Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy: This surgery is used to treat conditions of renal cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma affecting the kidney or the ureter). The surgery involves removal of the ureter (a tubular structure that passes the urine to the bladder from the kidneys). Though considered safe, in some cases, laparoscopic nephroureterectomy may result in blood loss and infection.
- Laparoscopic Simple or Radical Nephrectomy: It comes as a blessing for people dealing with different types of kidney problems such as renal cancer, serious injury to the kidney, renal calculus (kidney stones), polycystic kidney disease (the condition is an inherited problem characterized by the formation of cysts within the kidney), symptomatic hydronephrosis and chronic infection. A person may undergo a Laparoscopic Simple Nephrectomy (a laparoscopic surgery which involves removal of one of the kidneys) or a Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy (here, along with the kidney, the surgeon may also remove adjacent lymph nodes and adrenal glands) based on the severity of the kidney problem.
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty: This surgery is used to treat patients with an obstruction of ureteropelvic junction (UPJ). The ureteropelvic junction is the merger point where the kidney connects to the ureter. UPJ obstruction is often found to be a congenital problem (present from birth). Due to the UPJ obstruction, the urine stored in the kidneys fail to move out of the system. If left untreated, UPJ obstruction can even result in kidney failure. Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty involves clearing the obstruction at the ureteropelvic junction. The surgery, however, comes with certain risk factors. There may be blood loss along with infection at the incision site. In some cases, the surgery may even result in injury to the neighboring organs and tissues (rare).
- Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy: In the case of a renal tumor, the diseased part of the kidney is removed by a specialized surgical procedure medically termed as Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy. Here, only the affected area of the kidney is removed sparing the healthy part. Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy is done to prevent further aggravation and kidney failure.
- Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy - It is a surgical procedure used in the case of a localized prostate cancer (prostate cancer that has not metastasized beyond the prostate gland). Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy involves removal of the prostate gland along with some neighbouring tissues.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!