Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saritha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SarithaYour feedback matters!
It is not easy to deal with labor pains. According to scientists and doctors, labor pain is a very strong sensation that a woman experiences in her lifetime. Therefore, it is important to know some tips that will help you deal with the intense pain during labor. There are some practical tools, which will help you survive labor pains on both emotional and physical levels.
You just need to implement these tools during your labor.
- Focus on the current contraction: When you get a contraction, focus on it solely. Do not agonize on the contractions you had or do not feel scared thinking about the contractions that are yet to come. You just need to focus on the present contraction without thinking about anything else. Many women think about how long they have to push before they can meet the baby. The over thinking can worsen the pain. Therefore, you should be in the present moment.
- Breathe: A great tip of resisting labor pains is breathing. Various kinds of breathing techniques have been invented for labor. You can try some of those breathing techniques during your labor. If you don’t remember any particular breathing technique, you can also try everyday breathing during the contractions. Breathing lets your abdominal muscles relax and helps the baby descend faster.
- Try to relax: Whenever you encounter pain or stress, you tense all the muscles of your body, especially your abdominal muscles. It is important to relax during your labor pain. Although it is difficult, you should try to relax instead of getting tensed. It will make your labor smooth.
- Be in a comfortable place: You should be in a place where your labor must be comfortable for you. If you are not comfortable, you will be stressed and anxious, which in turn, will make it difficult for you. When you are in a comfortable place, you will be happier and your muscles will be more relaxed.
- Don’t worry: Instead of worrying about your entire labor experience, focus on the task at hand. When you don’t worry, you can process the contractions without being stressed. As a result, your body will also get less tired and your baby will come out faster. You need to channel your energy into pushing the baby rather than worrying and stressing.
If you follow these simple tips, you will be able to survive labor pains and give birth to a healthy baby. Nature has given women all the tools so that they can give birth to a baby naturally. You just need to trust your body and empower yourself by keeping these tips in your mind. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
No one wants to hear or think about cancer, but the bitter truth is that many women, even those of reproductive age, develop various types of cancers of the reproductive tract, and many of these would still like to have children. Therefore they need to know the options and treatments available to them to allow them to become mothers.
Millions of women of all ages develop gynecological cancers, and many of them are very young. For example, 12% of all cervical cancer cases are in women under the age of 45. Better nutrition and medical care have given women to delay having their first child until their late 30’s or early 40’s for career reasons. This phenomena combined with increased survival rates for younger women with cancer means that many women with cancer would like to preserve their fertility.
The conventional treatment for any type of gynecological cancer used to be complete removal of the reproductive organs, however, advances in medicine have given health care providers other more pleasant and encouraging options. In one such surgical procedure for cervical cancer, the cervix is removed, but the uterus is left intact. Since the baby grows in the uterus, this still preserves fertility for many younger women with cervical cancer, which is the leading reproductive cancer currently facing women. Many other surgeries are done laparasocopically and are minimally invasive, leaving the most important reproductive organs intact, thus preserving fertility for these women.
For women who have to undergo radiation and chemotherapy to kill cancer cells, another problem emerges concerning fertility since these therapies can also destroy or kill cells necessary for reproduction. For decades, these women faced dim prospects of having a biological baby, but now Assisted Reproductive Therapy (ART) through Invitro Fertilization (IVF), though very costly, has significantly improved their reproductive prospects. Some ARTs include egg, and embryo freezing, whose success rate (unfreezing the embryo or egg and growing a healthy, living baby) has increased dramatically in the recent past.
While no woman wants to hear the words, “you can’t have children because of your ovarian or cervical cancer,” for some, it used to be a necessary part of life. However, recent medical and technological advances have made motherhood possible for these women. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Peppermint tea is a type of herbal tea, also known to us as infusions or tisanes. It is a soothing beverage and offers a host of health benefits, particularly for those suffering from headaches, sinus problems or stomach issues. It is also an effective health tonic for your body. Peppermint tea is one of the most widely used and the most respected for its uses and benefits that you must know about.
For centuries, this tea has been used medicinally and is very commonly recommended by herbalists, alternative healers, and others as a treatment for different ailments. It is also advised to be taken as a general health tonic effective for a healthy body and mind. In addition to being a delicious beverage, peppermint tea offers numerous health benefits, particularly for those with stomach problems, headaches and sinus problems. Read on to find out about the benefits of peppermint tea, and why people laud it for its health benefits.
Benefits of drinking peppermint tea:
- A remedy for headaches: Peppermint tea is very helpful in treating headaches. It is more effective in staunching headaches that are caused by stress or a poor diet. These headaches typically restrict blood vessels in the brain, causing pain. Usually, painkillers relieve the pain by relaxing the blood vessels in the brain. Peppermint tea also does the same, it opens up the brain's constricted blood vessels, bringing instant relief. Peppermint oil in aromatherapy is also used for headaches and colds.
- A remedy for sinus problems: Peppermint contains Menthol which gives it its refreshing flavour. Menthol also helps peppermint fight sinus problems. The menthol in peppermint helps in sinus problems by calming inflamed mucous membranes in the sinuses and throat and by thinning the mucus so it is less likely to block the sinus passageways. Menthol also acts as a decongestant which means it breaks down phlegm and mucous congestion. You can breathe in the steam from peppermint tea to help your sinus become mucous free.
- A remedy for stomach upsets: Peppermint tea is a real stomach healer as it soothes and heals stomach aches, pains, and cramps. Peppermints also get rid of heartburn, gas/flatulence, indigestion and diarrhoea. Peppermint oil is extremely effective against irritable bowel syndrome or IBS.
- A remedy of the brain: Peppermint tea improves brain function and makes you more mentally alert and also improves memory retrieval. Peppermint thus is extremely useful if you are driving back home after a stressful day. It’s also useful for students and those who suffer from stress-induced health problems because it calms you down.
- a remedy for menstrual cramps: Peppermint tea is known to ease constricting muscles. This is the reason it’s very useful for athletes as well as people suffering from anxiety. For this reason, it’s also particularly effective in treating cramps caused due to the constricting the muscles in the walls of the uterus.
Other ways it helps is due to its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, which makes it one hell of an effective skin cleanser and great for fighting bacterial infections when applied topically. It also acts as an analgesic and a treatment for skin disorders like rashes. It also has been shown to break down "bile stones" and reduce bad breath.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor Am 26 old. I missed my periods. Lmd is 31st July. So I did urine pregnancy test on my missed date and 2 days once. Till now I did 8 tests. All the tests are given negative result. And as per my friends advice I have taken papaya, pineapple etc etc. And menofit plus. And I went to a gynaecologist and they did scan and found a simple cyst (3.6×3.9×4.0 cm) on my right Overy and the doctor suggested me to take Medroxyprogesterone acetate tablet for 5 days and T aziwin fs kit. Due to unavailability of T aziwin fs kit kit as per the doctor's advice today I have taken nuforce 3 kit. Still no result. I called the Dr. and told still my periods not yet come. She told me to wait for 4 more days since yesterday only the Medroxyprogesterone acetate course completed. I need my periods and I don't want to be a pregnant. Very scary. Please help me. How can I get my periods?
A new relationship involves a lot of weighing from both the sides. Learn what really matters to win people over in this post. When you want to build a new relationship, whether it is for work, business, personal, marriage, friendship etc there are several factors that help take off and bloom the relationship. These factors are broadly the same in different age groups as far as psychological impact matters. Some of the most important influential factors from a psychological point of view have been highlighted here.
1. Presentation- When you want to draw someone into relationship with you for any reason, it is important that you present yourself at you best levels be it physical or mental. Like they say that the first impression is the best impression, your display of you strengths creates an impression that helps people decide what they want to do with you. This doesn't mean you should hide all your weaknesses but highlighting your strengths is as important as making your weaknesses clear. Always learn to put your best foot forward as sometimes that itself may not be enough. You can't really send your neighbour for your job interview!! There are many instances when people send different photographs in their applications and different ones appear for the exams. This is mere cheating and not winning.
2. Plan – Let people know what you want to do with them and what they can they can do with you. No one can say they don’t have a plan. There is always some plan. Knowing it strengthens why you want to have that relationship in the first place. Otherwise it's like something which is there but you can never want to do anything with! When you are honest with your plans and they workout as you described it, it creates confidence in relationship or else it is destroyed forever. You can cheat a person with your plans once, not forever.
3. Possibilities- Will this relationship bring me trouble? Obviously nobody wants to get into a relationship with anybody that brings them trouble be it physical or mental. Next question is whether it will benefit me? Small or big depends on person's needs. Some relationships neither bring us trouble nor benefits us, such relationships are better than the ones which can cause harm.
4. Potential – Question. Does this relationship you are trying to develop have any possibilities of growth a few or many years down the line. Obviously we have a lot of friends who wither by passing of time. Does this relationship have an expiry date irrespective of how well or bad it goes? Like when we join college we know for sure that the friends will be with us till the duration of the course and that's it. We will know that if we study together it will help us achieve great grades in college and hence a great life later. These kind of growth possibilities or possibilities of deterioration are important to be well aware of and will naturally decide the course of relationships.
5. Progress – No matter what our initial assessments are, how the relationships helps us fare in the outside world will ultimately decide the future of any relationship. Loss, sorrow, tragedy, degradation in any aspect of life, insults, injury, loss of health etc will never help any relationship continue or last.
6. Partnerships – When we want to build a relationship with someone, the best way to do it is to obviously partner with that person in as many activities as possible. The more interested a person is the more activities that person will involve you in and try to do it with you. This type of partnership activities, be it spending a few hours in the evening, or a few minutes on phone, or an association of months or years are a foolproof way to show you are interested. Conversely a person who doesn't partner with you in anything is extremely unlikely to ever have any sort of relationship with you. Partnership in activities is the only way to show and know that you are interested or the other person is interested respectively. After all chasing the moon, stars and rainbow are activities of people who don’t realize its out of their reach. Sensible people are busy with what their eyes see, hands feel, ears listen, tongue tastes and thinking perceives as appropriate.
7. Positioning attitudes- As a tree bends with the winds to prevent from cracking, we all have to be flexible with our attitudes towards each other. Being too rigid about our protocol on how relationships should run irrespective of the reality and circumstances of the person we are having a relationship with is naturally going to break relationships. After all a doctor who heals and prevents all illnesses is better than a doctor who abuses his patients for falling ill but never does anything for them. Eg: You get bed and good food in a hotel as well as at your home. A hotel will provide food only on payment of money, but family will provide it whenever your hungry. Hence hotels can never expect the same emotions as family can, and this is as natural as it should be. Hence be careful what you want from a relationship. Whether you want to be treated as a hotel or family is entirely how you play yourself with others. After all only families can expect loyalty not hotels.
8. Politeness- In any relationship, many years down the line, what our long term memory retains is how comfortable we were in that relationship. Even if we profit from a particular relationship, the fact that it shook us mentally and emotionally will never allow us to go back or retain that relationship. Life is short and the only thing that matters is to spend it comfortably. Not destroy our peace for some benefit that destroys our peace of mind.
9. Personation- While sending a representative of your organization for a client meeting may work in business, you cant really send a representative to meet you wife or kids at home. In personal relationship, lack of your physical presence obviously means that you don’t have time for them. In any relationship, individuality matters a lot. Just imagine, if all actors acted exactly the same in movies, why would you prefer any particular one over the other as your favourite? The nuances and differences in our personalities are what makes us all unique. We are not robots from a particular brand to behave exactly the same way. If a person in a relationship doesn't sense your individuality you are wasting their time by trying to have a relationship with them, especially a personal one.
10. Positive reinforcement- When we get into a relationship, it is important that we feel good about ourselves and what we are doing. If you feel like a shoplifter entering a shop, you will not feel good about that relationship. When a shopkeeper welcomes us, shows us his products, tells us their details and provides all the explanations on how we will be well off with the product, provides his guarantee for it, confirms its essence, many people buy it even if they don’t compulsively need it. It’s the same in relationships. On the same side if a shopkeeper is arrogant, avoidant, abusive, insulting etc you are very unlikely to buy anything in that shop because you are not sure that the shopkeeper means any good and will be happy with the shopkeeper s product. The experience of buying is as important as the product we buy. Nobody is happy about something they got when they weren't treated the right way or is interested in retaining it when they don’t get good service for it.
11. Persistence on all Ps – Obviously when we want relationships to last, we need to be persistent on all the above P's. Otherwise it wont take long for a relationship to be counted in “once upon a time”!! A simple conversation even if for a few minutes every now and then when you need it may make it seem that you are still there for a person. Without even that people may even find it hard to remember that they even had something to do with you sometime before keeping in mind the the numerous activities we involve daily to maintain our lifestyles.
“KNOWING IS DOING AND NOT KNOWING IS UNDOING EVEN IF DOING!”
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Vaginitis is the term which is used to refer to the inflammation of the vagina. In most of the cases vaginitis occurs as a result of an infection of the vagina. The infection caused by vaginitis can result in discharge, pain and itching. Vaginitis can also be caused by non-infectious causes. Vaginitis is often caused because of an infection caused by yeast or bacteria. But it can also happen due to chemical or physical irritation. Some STDs cause vaginitis but not all the causes for vaginitis are related to STDs.
A reduction in the levels of estrogen after menopause can also cause vaginitis. The most common types of vaginitis are known as Bacterial vaginosis, Yeast infections and Trichomoniasis. Vaginitis is common in women who are in their reproductive years. It usually happens if there is a change in the balance of yeast or bacteria that are usually found in the vagina. If left untreated then it can cause complications. The risk of complications is greater in pregnant women. In severe cases it can also cause premature delivery, postpartum infections, increased vulnerability to HIV infection and even infertility.
There are many symptoms of vaginitis.
- Some of the most common symptoms of vaginitis is irritation or itching of the genital area.
- The itching can also lead to skin infections. The labia majora, labia minora and the perineal area can become inflamed.
- There is vaginal discharge also.
- Another common symptom is foul odor from the vagina. During sexual intercourse there can also be pain or irritation in the vagina.
- Another very painful symptom of vaginitis is painful urination as the woman may suffer pain while passing out urine.
- There can also be light vaginal bleeding or even spotting.
- If the cause of vaginitis is yeast infection then there will be a thick, white discharge from the vagina.
- This discharge can be watery and in most cases have no smell.
- Yeast infections will usually cause itchiness and make the vagina and vulva red.
Diagnosis of vaginitis is based on the symptoms of the woman.
- Diagnosis is made after a microscopy and culture of the discharge after a careful physical examination takes place.
- Oral antibiotics, injections and antibiotics are used to treat vaginitis.
- Creams are also prescribed which are put inside the vagina.
- Estrogen creams are also prescribed for the treatment of this infection by medical practitioners.
- If the infection is caused by an allergy then the product causing the allergy has to be figured and its use has to be stopped immediately.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!