Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarath C.MYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor. I am 35 years old male. I have pain in my left knee. Actually I practiced martial arts longtime back in 2005 and got a kick on left knee from outside, It pained for 20-30 minutes and then it was ok. Every thing was fine till last year but since last 4-5 months its paining at times when I do some workout or climb stairs. No other problem like BP, Sugar etc. What should I do?
I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis one year back and the pain is mostly on my hands and feet. What should I do ?
I am Rheumatoid arthritic and my right knee is bent, is it possible to make it straight? Also I need to know the foods to avoid. Please. Kindly help me.
I'm 25 years old female my gallbladder removed before 2 years bcoz of gallstones and I'm suffering from knees pain from last 3 month and I'm taking homeopathic medicine r-11,34 and calcarea fluorica and phosphorica but sometimes I'm feeling like pain and heavy pressure in my knees even I can't do exercises and jumping properly why it's happening suggest me.
Sir, I have dryness on my knees and a very mild itching, when I used oil on it, itching gone for a day and then again the same from the next day. What to do?
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.
I am 55 years old marketing professional having slight knee pain when use stairs some time for last six month and left shoulder back pain for last 15days what should I do? secondly I am suffering acute dandruff and irregular loose motion for last twenty years, had many treatment but no cure. Please advise
I am 21 years of age and I have a sharp recurring pain on my left knee. Due to this I am not able to participate in any sports. What should I do?
My mother is 65 yrs & she is a breast cancer patient. She use to take medicine like letronat 2.5 & ccm daily & osteofos 70 once in a week for the last 3yrs. It is observed for the last 3 months she is feeling pain in knee & tenderness in lower part of the leg muscle. Her weight is 62 kgs. Please advise remedy.
My knee has fractured 4 months ago now I have no pain but I cannot fold the leg properly doctors said that it will automatically heel but I cannot wait more I want my leg to b in a previous position any alternate ayurvedic for this I am ready to spend money but I want my knee totally recovered please give me answer thank you.
I got a ligament tear in my right knee, I ve got a mri report as well need your opinion in my case weather to go for a surgery or not.
I have some pain in my knee below tha patella. I am a badminton player and this knee pain is from 2 years. How can I get rid from it. Pls tell me some remedies, what should I do.
Sometimes Gout/Uric Acid excess for the last 20 years. Whenever in pain I take allopathic medicine including painkillers. What do you advice ?
1. Mild knee joint effusion. 2. Ligament strain seen anterior crucait ligament. And what you please tell ACL knee Surgery cost please because I need to do of my knee so I have no money and I will be arrange money for it. please tell me sir.
I am 32 year old male. During match I fell down in ground. My left knee was twisted and have pain & swelling in knee joints area. Recently took mri its grade 2 acl tear. Wht I want to do. There is little instability in my day to day activities.
What are the remedies to prevent insomnia at night? The person suffering is 20 year old. Has sedentary lifestyle and does most of his work on phone laptop etc.(gadgets)
Dear sir/ Madam This query is regarding my grandmother and she's now 64 and she used to have knee pains joint pains and common problems that comes with age but from past week she's experiencing new issue that if she stands or walks her right leg starts tingling from hip to toe if she sat or sleep it goes is it we consulted physician M he said nerve weakness but that medication doesn't gave any relief to whom we have to consult and what is the problems please help me out.
Every arthritis is not the same
Every arthritis is not the same. While osteoarthritis, also called as green arthritis, may require only painkillers and rehabilitation exercises, the red inflammation arthritis called rheumatoid arthritis, if not treated early and aggressively can cause serious deforming complications.
Any arthritis in young women of child?bearing age should not be ignored, especially if it is worse in the morning and improves by movement. Most of them will have high platelet count on blood examination. These patients require aggressive treatment with disease?modifying drugs within days of the onset of symptoms and diagnosis. Approximately 1?2% of population may have this type of disease.
Osteoarthritis, on the other hand, is a disease of 50+age group and is due to wear and tear of various joints in the body and break down of the cartilage cushion in the joints. It mainly affects the weight?bearing joints like the knees, hips, neck and lower back joints. Inflammation is not a major feature of osteoarthritis. The experts said that another form of joint disorder is due to gout, which is never seen in people below 40 years of age and is almost never seen in young women before the onset of menopause unless there is a known underlying kidney disease and never seen in children.
The progression of osteoarthritis can be arrested with appropriate exercises, weight reduction and preventing posture and movement that worsen the disease.
Typical wear and tear of osteoarthritis is caused by sitting cross legged, doing Padmasana, squatting, other non physiological postures, sitting on low level surface like floor and low chairs, doing pushups, going up and down on stairs, etc.
Most yoga postures should be done under medical supervision and should follow with a counter yoga exercise. Most patients of serious arthritis end up with treatment with other systems of medicines or with quacks.