Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saraswathi Devi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saraswathi DeviYour feedback matters!
From a medical standpoint, intercourse during menstruation is completely fine. Most men have claimed that period sex seems messier when compared to intercourse on normal days but, other than that, there aren’t any risk regarding period sex. In fact, it is advisable to engage in vaginal intercourse during periods for a variety of reasons.
Here are a few things you should know about period sex:
- Intercourse during periods isn’t harmful: Contrary to the popular myth, period blood doesn’t contain impurities which might affect the penis in any way. Instead, menstrual blood is normal blood mixed with disposed off tissues from the lining of the uterus and the penis isn’t affected by menstrual blood in any way. The menstrual blood serves as excellent lubricant to make the process of intercourse smoother.
- Chances of pregnancy still persist: It is not okay to completely ward off protective measures during periods because even though it is safer than other days, there might be a small chance that the sperm of a man lives on in the female body till early ovulation. Besides, the chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease is the same during period sex.
- Can relieve cramps: Some women claim that having sex during their period helps ease their cramps as having an orgasm releases ‘pain- reducing endorphins’ into the bloodstream. Also, some medical practitioners believe that sex provides relief by using up chemicals which are responsible for cramps. Thus, having period sex can prove to be relaxing and less painful than normal days.
- Sexual arousal ups during menstruation: Most women feel hornier and more aroused during periods because of the increase in the hormonal levels. Some women feel heavier in the pelvic area which increases the sex drive; precisely the reason why having sex during this time is a good idea. So, for all you know, you might actually have a brilliant intercourse session when she’s on her period.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you have been trying to conceive for long time now, but there is no success. Your gynecologist may advice you for an IVF treatment. Here are some famous IVF specialists in Mumbai. IVF treatments can increase your chances to have a baby. Infertility problems are very common in both men and women these days. It can be because of stress, lack of physical activity, poor eating habits, environmental pollution, PCOD or due to aging issue.
In such cases IVF is a trusted and effective treatment of infertility. Below is the list of the 10 best IVF specialists in Mumbai:
MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, DGO, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹1500
Dr. Kaushal Kadam, in 19 years of her experience has treated many cases of infertility. She has a high success rate in IVF treatments and is known for specialisation in ART and embryo transfers. She has also handled many high risk pregnancies in her career. Currently she is working as a medical director at Corion Fertility Clinic, Mumbai and is known for a warm and welcoming nature, which is very important in IVF treatments.
MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Advanced Infertility
Consultation fees: ₹600 - 800
Dr. Jayanti Kamat is a reputed name in her field. She has more than 25 years of experience and is currently affiliated with multiple clinics as a senior gynecologist. She specializes in sperm wash, embryo & sperm donor program, vitrification, IVF, embryo transfer etc. An active member of ISAR, FOGSI, MOGS, AFG and AMC, she has represented India at many international conferences. She can be visited at Srishti IVF Clinic, Shrishti Test Tube Baby Center and Dr. Kamat Hospital.
MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynaecology & Fellowship In Fertility
Consultation fees: ₹500
Dr Sonali N Tawde has more than 14 years practice and is a reputed gynaecologist and fertility specialist. She specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology (Infertility), IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) . She is currently practising at Bapat Urology Centre and Bavishi Fertility Institute. She has been awarded many times for paper and poster presentations at various CMEs. She is also an active member of many associations like AMC, FOGSI, IMA and MOGS.
Consultation fees: ₹500
Indira IVF clinic is amongst the old chain of fertility clinics with 40 years of experience and 33 centers across India. The Mumbai center has some of the reputed doctors like Dr. Amol Lunkad. The center is equipped with the latest and advanced methods to treat infertility. Some of the various treatments provided here are assisted reproductive technologies like IUI, IVF/ICSI, IMSI. The team here consists of best gynecologist, sonographers, embryologists, nurses and counselors that provide a holistic approach.
5. Dr. Veena G. Shinde
MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, DGO, PG in Assisted Reproductive Technology
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Veena G. Shinde a renowned gynecologist with 25 years of practice. She is a postgraduate in Assisted Reproductive Technology. Her areas of specialization are treating cases of infertility as well she has treated several cases of precancerous diseases like cancer of the cervix. Her treatment for basic gyanc related issues like urinary tract infection, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, hormonal problems and breast problems is quite effective.
DNB - Obstetrics & Gynecology, MBBS, DGO
Consultation fees: ₹1000- 1500
Dr. Bhavini Shah is a Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Parel, Mumbai and has an experience of 11 years in her field. She is affiliated with multiple clinics like Dr. Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan clinic, Masina Hospital and Momma's Clinic, Mumbai. She is known for her treatment of gynae and obstetric problems. She has done many laparoscopic surgeries. She also specializes in sperm wash, embryo & sperm donor program and embryo transfer etc.
MS - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS, FMAS, DMAS
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Geetanjali Gariema is an infertility specialist who is practicing from last 15 years. She is currently practicing at GlobalStar Fertility & Women Care Centre, Mumbai. She has done advanced training in Gynec Endoscopy and Reproductive Medicine from Germany. Her areas of keen interest are In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment. She also specialises in Infertility Evaluation & Management, and ART techniques like Intra-uterine Insemination (IUI), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Egg Freezing, Sperm Donor Program, Donor Insemination Surrogacy.
MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹700
Dr. Suyash Bandekar is a consultant gynecologist, with 10 years of practice. He has also done DNB, DFP, FCPS, DGO. He is currently practicing at his own clinic- EVACARE. He is known for his counselling skills and operative gynecology services like laparoscopy, urogynecology and pelvic floor repair surgeries. He is also known for the treatment of infertility case and family planning counselling.
MBBS, MD, DNB (OBG), Fellowship in Basic & Advanced Assisted Reproductive Techniques (Israel)
Consultation fees: ₹1500
Dr Sulbha Arora is a Gynaecologist and Fertility Specialist with over 20 years of experience. She specializes in IVF and Assisted Reproductive Techniques. She is a life member of AMC, AFG, MOGS, FOGSI and ISAR. She is a very reputed name and has played a major role in establishing IVF centres in Mumbai. Her focus area are ultrasound, fertility medicine, third party reproduction and fertility preservation. She currently practices at Nova IVI Fertility.
10. Dr. Jagdip Shah
MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, DGO, MBBS, MCPS
Consultation fees: ₹1000
With over 35 years of experience, Dr. Jagdip Shah is a trusted and renowned name in the field of Gynaecology in Mumbai. He is associated with many clinics, across parts of Mumbai like Pooja Maternity and Nursing Home in Ghatkopar West, Parakh Hospital in Ghatkopar East, and Ageless Medica Health Management Pvt. Ltd. In Powai. His areas of special interest are endoscopy, & infertility.
What is the uses of Norlut -N tablets? whether it will prepare or postpone periods? For how many days we should take it? After taking it when ll get periods? Is there any side effects?
Libido is a term that is used to describe the sexual desire for sexual activity. According to WHO, sexual health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being, which is why libido is one of the key factors to a sound and healthy life. As men have 40 times as much testosterone as women, they are thought to have a more intense sexual drive. Dopamine plays a strong role in libido and motivation. Physical issues like low testosterone, too much exercise, and alcohol can cause low libido. Psychological issues may include depression and stress in everyday life.
The good news is that libido can be increased through some simple measures, which are:
1. Have a positive outlook - Prolonged stress can diminish your interest in sex, and men and women have different reactions to stressful situations. Both partners need to discuss their stressful jobs each day and find a non-stressful time for sex. Besides, being self-confident and optimistic makes you feel more sexual and charming to your partner.
2. Following a proper balanced diet - Natural supplements can increase your blood flow and help fight vaginal dryness. You can try the much-touted libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. Figs, bananas, avocados, eggs, chocolate, and mangoes can help to increase libido. Foods rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, and zinc may help to boost sperm count, improve sperm motility and increase testosterone production in men.
3. Prepare for intimacy - If you are planning some quality time with your partner and hope to get him/her 'in the mood' you can try chocolate and coffee. Chocolate has been as the symbol of a desire not only for its delectable taste but because of its power to improve sexual desire. Coffee and chocolate both produce positive mood states, releasing endorphins, providing energy and increasing physical endurance. Wine, or any other form of alcoholic drink, consumed in a small amount, may help people to relax and get in the mood. However, caution must be maintained as excessive consumption can result in impotence in men.
4. Take time to meditate and relieve stress - Being stressed out can affect your sex drive. To relieve stress you can indulge in sports activities and exercises. Lifting the weight or doing resistance training exercises like pushups help to break down and rebuild muscles, creating a spike in testosterone production. For many couples, working out together can become a stimulating experience that gets them in the mood. Exercises can increase performance, range of motion, endurance, boost confidence and help you look younger and more attractive.
The researchers from brazil were the first to study the nutritional composition and it's antioxidant capacity as is produced in south west tropics of brazil and being used in jams drinks and also sold fresh.
Gooseberries contain high level of phytochemicals to prevent oxidative stress that can cause cancer and heart disease
The physiotherapy treatment is very effective for maintaining neck with isometric exercise for neck.
It is normal to be disinterested in engaging in sexual activity from time to time owing to the variation in libido levels in the body of an individual. However, disinterest in sex can be a cause of concern if it goes on for a long period. This could be due to stress or an underlying health condition.
Inactive sex drive can be frustrating for both the partners and can play a havoc in your married life if not attended to the early stages. Though it is a common occurrence in people as they age but this condition has now become very prominent in people of a much younger age. Let us look at some of the causes and the possible solutions.
The causes of low libido/sex drive:
Sex drive is something that starts from your brain and leads to the other organs. It is a sync of your organs that results in a climax. Like most human traits sexual drive also varies from person to person. Most of the men have a normal sex urge while some of them are hyperactive. They get addicted to it and could never get enough of it and some of the men do have low sexual urges. The biggest reasons for low libido levels could be stress followed by medical conditions. Apart from it, the family surroundings and the environment can all play a role in the sex drive. In some rare cases, the loss of libido can be a genuine case of low testosterone levels.
Stress can play havoc with such symptoms and since your brain is pressured it may not work in sync with your reproductive organs. The other factors can include medical conditions such as diabetes, cholesterol, and high blood pressure. Hormones too play an important role in the sex drive and the lower hormone levels can lead to a low sex drive. It often comes with age and as a person ages his urges start to diminish and he may be unable to perform and satisfy.
Every cause of low sexual desire has its own treatment plan. Most of the cases also involve psychology counseling as a part of its treatment plans. Sex therapy may be imparted to men who lack in the techniques and the strategies for getting their composure back. In case if it has been identified that the lack of libido is due to purely low testosterone, the people can try out testosterone shots for increasing their libido. However, these shots should be taken only under the care of a medical supervisor and not privately as it can lead to many complications. Men can even opt for psychological counseling sessions if their problems are identified on a much more personal level. Their family related issues and their compatibility with their partners can be brought under discussion and treatment plans can be charted out based on it.