Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SaralaYour feedback matters!
My son is 2.5 years old, still he is unable to speak. He can understand what we are saying, sometimes he is not at all listening to us. He is speaking something in his own language always when he is playing. Please help me.
Sir I am 24 year old male and I am suffering from hearing loss from last 5 years mainly in the high frequency region. Please tell me some solution or exercises to recover from this problem. Sir I am also suffering from ankylosing spondelitis. From last 4 years but my hearing problem is the older one. And Dr. Has given me donica and donica s-r for my spondelitis problem? these two problems make my life very tough.
Hello, I am 21 years old male I hear that jaggery and Amla powder mix make sperm quality and quantity good, what are home remedy to make semen thick, my problem is semen leakage every movement is every thin semen please tell me home remedies please please please.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
After menopause I have hearing loss in my right ear. Not able to hear from my right ear. Why it happened and what is the solution?
My age is 49years. Male. I have a resounding sensation in my left year (as if some air is passing in left ear). This will not be through out the day. Usually resounding sensation starts after 10 AM and will be up to 2 PM. I will take breakfast around 9-10 AM, lunch around 2PM & dinner at 8 PM. During period of resounding my voice also goes harsh (weak).This I am having since my childhood. During period of resounding my presentation of lecture will have weak voice. I observe that if I consume more salt this sometimes disappear. Pl tell the cause for this. Pl suggest me how to overcome it.
Sir, I am 70-years old and now I have a hearing trouble. Some times I use hearing Aids yet I can not hear properly. Whenever I increase the power of hearing aids by audio gram the original sound decrease day by day. Kindly advise. Yours faithfully
I am 18 year old boy suffering from cold and cough and hearing is also low Please help me by giving your suggestions.
My daughter is about 6 years old. She have hearing problem, as per bera test doctors says that the problem will be cleared as her age grown up. But I feel that her hearing ability is constantly getting down. Please give some suggestion. If you want to see beta test report please help.
I am unable to hear from my left ear, I had undergone audiometric test, it is below the normal range, consulted ent but no satisfactory result obtained. Help if it can be cured ?
I have been diagnosed with moderate conductive hearing loss. The doctor has advised that I need a procedure - to be exact, stapedectomy. My hearing loss started after my pregnancy and I understand that it may be due to my genetics as well. My question is, how safe is this procedure and will my normal life change afterwards? I am a health freak and I love gymming, aerobics and constantly move around. Will my life change?
I am suffering hearing loss last two month. Visited one e. N. T. Spacallesthe said your hear narve has been dried. It, s not came back again, is it true ?
I am losing hear quickly and use so many shampoo and conditioners no any give positive result please give me a good suggestion.
I listen to songs via headphones most of the time at least 4 to 8 hrs a day but then my right ear started paining so I reduced the usage of headphones gradually now I rarely use it maybe half hour a day. Is been around 6 month since I reduced the usage time of headphones. Now a days at night time my ear pain starts and hearing a ringing sound for past 2 months. What could be the problem?
My Both ear right and left Tone burst eroke' so they advised me taking hearing machine but its also not working for me so, i'm too not hearing properly please tell me the medicine or treatment.
If someone amongst you has hearing loss do consult because that has a great impact on memory in future.